Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-25-2012, 01:36 PM   #1

Hi, All,

I'm a noob in the RV world, waiting on the RW 36FB to arrive...

After reading about popping and stabilizing and leveling, it seems that some folks benefit from using a "King Pin Stabilizer Tripod" for their Redwood fifth wheel.

1. What Make and Model of King Pin Stabilizer Tripod do y'all recommend?

2. Do you agree that it helps to have one?

Thank you in advance!

Robt.

Mr_Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:00 PM   #2

Hi Robt,

We have had our 36 FL parked at a campgroung since last week of July (2 months) and it is solid. Yes, we also have the popping sound (curb side front). As long as you are on solid ground, you should not need the Tirpod. Ours doesn't move at all. Hope you injoy your RW as much as we do.CC

Old 09-25-2012, 02:07 PM   #3

Our RL feels solid without the tripod. Just another heavy thing to haul around and setup/take down...

Some members here perceive a benefit. It might be "model specific" though.
Mike & Pam '12 36RL, Kodiak Discs, 17.5" G114s H-Rated, SRE4000 w/HD Shackles, Joy Rider Shocks, Flex Air, 5.5 Onan, W&D, DW, 4 Scare Lights, (2) 6V Trojan T-145s; Progressive EMS-HW50C, Winegard DTV Sat, Sony/Denon 4K Home Theater, WiFiRanger EliteAC Pack, weBoost 4G-X Cell Booster.

2022 RAM 3500 Limited CC, LB, 4x4, DRW, Max Tow, Cummins HO, AISIN, 4.10, Mopar 30K w/OEM Prep, Transfer Flow 70gal Aux Tank/Toolbox.
5th_Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:35 PM   #4

I spoke to Andy RW REPabout this at the Hershey show two weeks ago he said "Do Not Use Them" The jacks are made to support the RV. He also stated that the use stablizers under the slide outs is a NO NO "Do Not Use Them" the sliders are made to support the weigh of the slide and by placing them under the slide it wracks the alignment of the rollerS.
Amishco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:44 PM   #5

Hi folks. We are seasonals and have a fifth pin stabilizer on our 36RL. That is until a week ago when we had a storm and it through everything out of wack with wind and washouts. My claim to fame is to check everything. Well I pulled the tripod out and proceeded to re-balance everything. Well I didn't pull the stabilizer out far enought and the pin crushed the top of it. "Pull it far away grasshopper!! Less you hurt your home". Well nothing was hurt but my pride (DAVE) and I will get though this. A new stabilizer will be here next week and I will start all over again. I do think they work in our situation.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:25 AM   #6

We didn't use one on our Montana and have no intentions of using one with the RW. Yes we get some shake when the washer kicks into the spin cycle, but nothing serious. I figure we carry enough stuff with us so that's one thing I think we can do without.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 02:29 PM   #7
Site Team

I used one for awile on our Montana and quit using it. I put front and rear stabilizers on the Montana and that took 95% of the bounce out. I don't plan to use a pin stabilizer when we get our RW.
Blenhardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:46 PM   #8

We saw lots of units using them but we moved every 3 or 4 days and although you can "feel" someone walking around in the trailer, bumping the levelling system up a little more to take some load off the tires and axles on our 38BR got rid of that.