Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-13-2015, 02:33 PM   #1

Help! Connected but No Water!

We are at a campground and the water just stopped working. There is water from the spigot, but no water coming in to the coach. This is day 2 of our outing and we had full water until this morning. Any suggestions on what could be wrong?
Old 11-13-2015, 03:37 PM   #2

That one has me baffled...in fact I keep trying to trace it out in my head and I can't think of what would block it.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 03:46 PM   #3

You double checked to be sure water comes out of your hose, the inlet screen washer isn't plugged up, inlet screen on your water pressure regulator ( if you have one) isn't plugged up? How old is your Whole house filter in the basement? And have you tried using all faucets, along with toilet, including outside shower in the convenience center? Perhaps your water pressure regulator was turned way down by someone other than you without your knowledge?? Aerator screens can get plugged at the faucets too.

Not sure either, keep us posted.

Chris
r time soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 04:21 PM   #4

If you are using one of those el cheapo water restrictors try removing it & see what happens. Those things are notorious for that happening, you should get a real regulator If you don't already have one. If that's not it I would agree to check your filter if it's not been changed recently.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 04:32 PM   #5

First thing I would do is to see IF I have water coming out of the hose at the camper... That will eliminate any outside issue...You don't by any chance have a ton of water running out of the bottom of the camper now??
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 04:48 PM   #6

Hope fully you have the hose connected to the fresh water inlet not the black tank rinse. I would think you would know that by now or smell it anyway.
Old 11-13-2015, 09:12 PM   #7

It happened to me one time and found out the screen washer at the water inlet connection in the convenience center was clogged up. Pulled it out, cleaned It up and problem resolved.
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 10:32 PM   #8

We are ok now but not positive of the problem. I went from connection to connection to see where the blockage was. Unscrewed the city water line from behind the convenience panel and no water. That pointed to the inlet water connection at the convenience center so flushed it. That was obviously the right answer but still question it. Filters or screens don't just go from good pressure to nothing. But hey, it worked. Thanks all for your quick responses.
Old 11-13-2015, 10:40 PM   #9

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
Glad you solved your dilema
In a 3/4" hose it does not take much to block the water flow
Old 11-14-2015, 12:45 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWarriors View Post
We are ok now but not positive of the problem. I went from connection to connection to see where the blockage was. Unscrewed the city water line from behind the convenience panel and no water. That pointed to the inlet water connection at the convenience center so flushed it. That was obviously the right answer but still question it. Filters or screens don't just go from good pressure to nothing. But hey, it worked. Thanks all for your quick responses.
The time that it happened to me I had connected a hose to the inlet that had not been used for some time. I had connected the two ends of the hose together and left it in a tub in the storage for awhile. When I hooked it up to the Redwood and turned on the water all the gunk inside the hose went straight to the screen washer and plugged it immediately. Apparently I had some water in the hose when it was stored. I learned to clean those hoses or make sure I run fresh water through it first. It has only happened to me once.
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 03:51 AM   #11

Screwing both ends of the hoses together for storage is a bad idea due to bacteria/mold, better to leave open so it can dry out. I've witnessed people screwing their sewer hoses together & storing in a plastic bag, YUK!. That creates one huge bag of bacteria, YUK!
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 03:02 PM   #12

Most Definately! I can tell you from experience.

When first started RVing that was the first thing I did, thinking it would keep bacteria out - NOT I still use bags, but don't zip them up.

I screwed the two ends of my high pressure car wash hose together and it actually corroded and welded itself at the coupling to the point I had to throw it away.
Old 11-15-2015, 03:22 PM   #13
rex

I had this problem in my Carriage Cameo. There was a stuck check valve at the city water connection. Poking it with a screw driver released it.
...rex
rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 03:48 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rex View Post
I had this problem in my Carriage Cameo. There was a stuck check valve at the city water connection. Poking it with a screw driver released it.
...rex
I was just discussing this with my daughter - I don't think Redwood has that checkvalve at the connection like my Montana had. It think it is an inline checkvalve down near the pump.
Old 11-15-2015, 04:02 PM   #15
rex

check valve

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom ant View Post
I was just discussing this with my daughter - I don't think Redwood has that checkvalve at the connection like my Montana had. It think it is an inline checkvalve down near the pump.
Good point! I did have a checkvalve problem with this 36 rl at the pump. The problem was just the opposite however, and the city water connection was filling the fresh water tank...resulting in the siphon problem of a full tank. Pump now replaced under warranty : - )
rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 04:12 PM   #16

Rex, Maybe that's the check valve I am thinking of. Now you got me curious as heck because I put a 90 degree elbow on my city water connect hiding it, so consequently I have never checked it for winterizing. It may very well have that button and I've just been lucky so far.