Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 03-06-2015, 11:22 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
rob_fla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,622
Getting our Redwood Weighed tomorrow

I an going to get out Redwood weighed tomorrow morning with individual 5000 lb oil filled DOT type scales.

We will know exactly how much weight is on each trailer wheel / axle, and each truck wheel / axle.

We will weigh the Truck then the truck and trailer so we will also know exact pin weight too.

Since we fulltime in our Redwood, it should be interesting.

I will post the results tomorrow evening.
__________________
Robert & Sheryl
2014 Redwood 38FL
MoRyde 8K IS, Disc Brakes, MoRyde Pin Box
17.5 Goodyear G114's, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Curt Q24 Hitch

rob_fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 01:39 PM   #2
Junior Member
 
1000islander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 23
We did this too......We grossed out at 27,230! Needless to say we needed to lighten our load as we were way over our gvwr. :eek We have now figured out what needs to go and what doesn't. Still a bit over but all stats on axles and hitch good. Shocking how everything adds up so quickly.
1000islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 03:02 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
johnboytoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,054
At the cat scales, it's a 10 minute and $10 job to get weighed... doesn't give wheel weights, but gives all axle weights...
they are located all over the country too and certified weights that are good to keep in the tow vehicle in case your weight is 'questioned'
__________________
Ours: '11 Monaco Diplomat 43DFT followed closely by '14 Jeep 4 dr Wrangler.
Hers: '13 Explorer Sport - AWD 365hp twin turbo scooter!
Previous: '13 Ford F350 CC Platinum and '13 38GK
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 04:05 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
atom ant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 7,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000islander View Post
We did this too......We grossed out at 27,230! Needless to say we needed to lighten our load as we were way over our gvwr. :eek We have now figured out what needs to go and what doesn't. Still a bit over but all stats on axles and hitch good. Shocking how everything adds up so quickly.
Wow - you did creep up there a bit. Truck around 9.5K? That would put you around 17,730?

We are 17,222 with water. Easy to get there.
__________________
Brad & Dory - Lone Tree, CO
CURRENT - 2013 Itasca Meridian 42E/2013 Wrangler 4dr Sahara
SOLD - 2014 Redwood 36RL/2014 F350 DRW
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 01:54 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
mhs4771's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,166
I'm betting that once we get our new MB loaded that we'll be pushing 18K.
__________________
Michelle & Ann
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" GY114s w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 03:31 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
rob_fla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,622
Well here are the weight numbers, they are pretty much about where I expected.
The one thing that was good news is our trailer weight is pretty balanced side to side and front to rear with almost the same weight on each wheel.
In many cases 5th Wheel tire weights are not this close due to floorplan layouts.
Our last 5th Wheel was about 350lbs heaver on each tire on the ODS side due to all the heavy items (Refrigerator, W/D, Stove, Microwave, Entertainment Center) on that side.

According to the numbers, we are at the 7000 lb. axle max weight.
Also as expected the Front Living layout has a lighter pin weight than other layouts / floorplans with 18% of the trailer weight on the pin.

Truck with Trailer Connected
Front Axle
Driver Passenger
2,350 lbs. 2,500 lbs.


Truck Rear Axle
Driver Passenger
3,550 lbs. 3,475 lbs.

Truck Weight 11,875 lbs.

Trailer
Front Axle
3,450 lbs. 3,500 lbs.
Rear Axle
3,450 lbs. 3,550 lbs.

Pin Weight
2,975 lbs.

Trailer Weight
16,925 lbs.

Truck and Trailer combined Weight
25,825 lbs.
__________________
Robert & Sheryl
2014 Redwood 38FL
MoRyde 8K IS, Disc Brakes, MoRyde Pin Box
17.5 Goodyear G114's, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Curt Q24 Hitch

rob_fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 04:16 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
5th_Time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,096
Wow, is that what my truck weighs?? That's astounding. The scale in our town stated 9,248 - and I thought that was too high.

Mine probably weights even more because of the 60 gal fuel tank. Luckily, I don't have the "Traveling Dog". I better hit the scales as soon as this diet starts working...
__________________
Mike & Pam '12 36RL, Kodiak Discs, 17.5" G114s H-Rated, SRE4000 w/HD Shackles, Joy Rider Shocks, Flex Air, 5.5 Onan, W&D, DW, 4 Scare Lights, (2) 6V Trojan T-145s; Progressive EMS-HW50C, Winegard DTV Sat, Sony/Denon 4K Home Theater, WiFiRanger EliteAC Pack, weBoost 4G-X Cell Booster.

'18 GMC Denali 3500HD CC, 4x4, DRW, DuraMax, Allison, Curt Q25 w/OEM Prep, Intellihaul Cameras, Transfer Flow 70gal Aux Tank/Toolbox.
5th_Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 04:45 PM   #8
Site Team
 
Dave&Ginny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 5,375
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_fla View Post
Well here are the weight numbers, they are pretty much about where I expected.
The one thing that was good news is our trailer weight is pretty balanced side to side and front to rear with almost the same weight on each wheel.
In many cases 5th Wheel tire weights are not this close due to floorplan layouts.
Our last 5th Wheel was about 350lbs heaver on each tire on the ODS side due to all the heavy items (Refrigerator, W/D, Stove, Microwave, Entertainment Center) on that side.

According to the numbers, we are at the 7000 lb. axle max weight.
Also as expected the Front Living layout has a lighter pin weight than other layouts / floorplans with 18% of the trailer weight on the pin.

Truck with Trailer Connected
Front Axle
Driver Passenger
2,350 lbs. 2,500 lbs.


Truck Rear Axle
Driver Passenger
3,550 lbs. 3,475 lbs.

Truck Weight 11,875 lbs.

Trailer
Front Axle
3,450 lbs. 3,500 lbs.
Rear Axle
3,450 lbs. 3,550 lbs.

Pin Weight
2,975 lbs.

Trailer Weight
16,925 lbs.

Truck and Trailer combined Weight
25,825 lbs.


That's good information! Thank You

I guess Redwood better start looking at those 8k axles. Granted, not everybody carries that much weight but since these are full time units, they should assume that folks will.
__________________
SOB "The RV Wiseguy"
Dave&Ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 05:21 PM   #9
TnB
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Ginny View Post
That's good information! Thank You

I guess Redwood better start looking at those 8k axles. Granted, not everybody carries that much weight but since these are full time units, they should assume that folks will.
They have. The 8k axles are available as an option, as are the H rated tires and disc brakes.
__________________
Tom and Bobbi
Bubbles, Ruckus and Reggae (Bearded Collies)
2015 Chevy 3500HD DRW 4x4
2015 RW 36FB w/GY 114 "H" tires, disc brakes, TrailAir Tri-Glide, Furrion wireless backup camera
TnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 08:15 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
rob_fla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th_Time View Post
Wow, is that what my truck weighs?? That's astounding. The scale in our town stated 9,248 - and I thought that was too high.

Mine probably weights even more because of the 60 gal fuel tank. Luckily, I don't have the "Traveling Dog". I better hit the scales as soon as this diet starts working...
Our Truck without the trailer weighs, 8,900 lbs.

With our Redwood hitched up it weighs, 11,875 lbs. (Pin Weight is 2,975 lbs.)
__________________
Robert & Sheryl
2014 Redwood 38FL
MoRyde 8K IS, Disc Brakes, MoRyde Pin Box
17.5 Goodyear G114's, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Curt Q24 Hitch

rob_fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Redwood RV or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.