Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-07-2013, 10:07 PM   #1

Exclamation Fuse for Water Pump

Trying to find fuse for our water pump. We are in freezing temps (isn't everyone) and the water pump stopped working. Thought we were out of water so we put more in the fresh water tank but pump will not run. It had been vibrating the commode since the factory replaced the commode in November but we rarely use the pump. Using it now so the water hose is not needed. We added an electric fire in the hold with the small access door open to put more heat into the tank areas. It has been working great since Thursday as freshwater was slightly warm coming out of cold line. Nothing marked on breakers or fuses to indicate water pump and cannot find any reference to one anywhere. Have tried calling Redwood in Indiana but they are closed (closed early as we called at 2pm their time) Any help would be appreciated. Can give our phone number if any one wants it.
Old 12-07-2013, 11:22 PM   #2

I'm not certain, but I don't think the water pump has an inline fuse as it is running off 12 volts. More likely it is either a frozen water line, burned out pump, or a bad DC connection. You can find the water pump behind the garage wall next to the convenience center. You'll need a S2 square bit screw driver to remove the screws. Good luck.
Old 12-07-2013, 11:31 PM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by micwtx View Post
Trying to find fuse for our water pump. We are in freezing temps (isn't everyone) and the water pump stopped working. Thought we were out of water so we put more in the fresh water tank but pump will not run. It had been vibrating the commode since the factory replaced the commode in November but we rarely use the pump. Using it now so the water hose is not needed. We added an electric fire in the hold with the small access door open to put more heat into the tank areas. It has been working great since Thursday as freshwater was slightly warm coming out of cold line. Nothing marked on breakers or fuses to indicate water pump and cannot find any reference to one anywhere. Have tried calling Redwood in Indiana but they are closed (closed early as we called at 2pm their time) Any help would be appreciated. Can give our phone number if any one wants it.
I also have a 2012 36RL. The pump operates on 12 VDC, so, I checked several of the 12 VDC fuses (that I don't understand what the markings are indicating) and checked pump operation and did not find any that stopped pump operation.

Have you made sure that both pump switches are turned on? There is a switch in the outside service utility panel and of course the one inside at the control panel. I believe they both have to be turned on.

You also may want pull each 12 VDC fuse and check with an ohmmeter or a fuse checker. I just discovered that not all of the "red bad fuse indicater LED's", next to the fuses, light up when I pulled the fuses. Bummer. So make sure all the fuses are okay. It is also easy to miss plugging the fuse into the quick connect terminals correctly. If the fuse leg is on the outside of the quick connect terminal it may only make temporary contact and then open up at some point.

If all else fails, try to connect to Redwood through their website contact link. I have heard that link is monitored closely.

Good Luck.

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 11:46 PM   #4

Slight correction, the water pump works when either switch is toggled. You don't need to turn both of them on.
Old 12-07-2013, 11:59 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamsvr View Post
Slight correction, the water pump works when either switch is toggled. You don't need to turn both of them on.
I wasn't a 100% sure about that as I haven't used the outside switch since early on when I first purchase our coach. I always control the pump from inside. Thanks for the correction.

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 12:22 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamsvr View Post
I'm not certain, but I don't think the water pump has an inline fuse as it is running off 12 volts. More likely it is either a frozen water line, burned out pump, or a bad DC connection. You can find the water pump behind the garage wall next to the convenience center. You'll need a S2 square bit screw driver to remove the screws. Good luck.
Thanks Adamsvr for responding. Hubby thinks it may be the pump has burned out as we have added extra heat in the basement and do not have the city water connected (hose already frozen before getting it connected). Everything was working great for 2 1/2 days, so we thought we had it made! Supposed to get to 34-36 for a high tomorrow so will try and get the pump checked out then. Hate to have to empty the hold, remove the wall, etc with the icy north winds like we have been having.

Hubby keeps muttering "Mobile Suite" so was hoping this would be an easy fix, but doesn't seem to be.
Old 12-08-2013, 12:24 AM   #7

Thanks Hoosierguy! Responded to you on the other forum, but wanted to say thanks on this one too.
Old 12-08-2013, 12:39 PM   #8

The small filter screen on the pump may be plugged causing the burn out. I,ve removed ours. It's easier to clean the faucet filters. Good luck!
Old 12-12-2013, 12:17 AM   #9

Do you have an inline water filter. We had problems with low water pressure and the water pump making different noises than before - we removed our water filter and the noise disappeared and the water pressure improved.

We don't have a Redwood, but the circumstances may be similar.
trinita is offline   Reply With Quote