Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-15-2015, 09:05 AM   #1

Frigidaire Microwave Recall

Anyone have any issues with there microwave . I have 2014 Redwood 36 RL
And the turntable stopped working. That is not covered ,the Recall is to only do with the control panel, because it is known to come without any notice. Need to turn breaker off.
Other issue I'm having is with the Inverter/Batteries ,as when traveling I notice that you only get about 5 1/2 hours before It goes on Low Battery and the Inverter shuts down if you are not connected to shore power or using Gen set
That's not good because the food starts thawing I found the temp goes up from 38 degrees to about 52 degrees in a vey short time.
Anyone else experiencing these issues
BobH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 12:07 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobH View Post
Anyone have any issues with there microwave . I have 2014 Redwood 36 RL
And the turntable stopped working. That is not covered ,the Recall is to only do with the control panel, because it is known to come without any notice. Need to turn breaker off.
Other issue I'm having is with the Inverter/Batteries ,as when traveling I notice that you only get about 5 1/2 hours before It goes on Low Battery and the Inverter shuts down if you are not connected to shore power or using Gen set
That's not good because the food starts thawing I found the temp goes up from 38 degrees to about 52 degrees in a vey short time.
Anyone else experiencing these issues
Bob, sounds like your truck is not charging the batteries. First to check to see if all time hot is live in the plug. Might be a fuse under the hood out.
azandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 02:11 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by azandy View Post
Bob, sounds like your truck is not charging the batteries. First to check to see if all time hot is live in the plug. Might be a fuse under the hood out.
I agree, although I have dual 6 volt batteries I never have a problem of dead batteries towing. I think there is an issue keeping your truck from chafing the batteries while hooked up. Start with the fuse and work your way back.
Blue Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 03:53 PM   #4

Yeh that was an issue I had replaced fuse . But I did a test at home on shore power ,till the monitor indicated batteries full charge ,then I unplugged the shore power and timed how long the inverter would last on Battery to keep Fridge running. It run for about 5 hours ,and went int LOW BAT Alert ,which shut down the Inverter and the Fridge . So the temp in fridge started to climb. It was 30 degrees here which didn't help. But I would have expected them(batteries)to last at least 8 hours ?
BobH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 12:49 AM   #5

Sounds like your batteries aren't up to the task. I did a test and ran ours for 36 hours and still had 12.5 Volts, but just to be safe for our recent trip I add two additional batteries for a total of 4, so we should be able to go for a few days if we had too.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote