Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-03-2014, 02:31 PM   #21
lwg

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindrift View Post
On the FL model it's a fairly simple procedure of removing the corrugated plastic underbelly shield. Again, on ours, that would be the first plastic section towards the front of the coach. You can see the entire fresh water tank from that position.
Do you know if there's easy access to the side of the tank as well? I need to add two floats to the side of the tank to fully automate my RO system.

Also, in regards to my tank not filling, it now fills up. I suspect that the sensors had some leftover bleach on them from my sanitizing and weren't reading correctly. Noticed this when we bleached the gray and black tanks a while back as well. Not sure if I used too much or if this is just what happens when any bleach is added to the tanks...
Old 07-03-2014, 03:32 PM   #22

Sides are accessible. Doing any work on the top of the tank would be extremely challenging. In fact, depending upon the height of your float, the tank would need to be dropped.
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 06:53 PM   #23
lwg

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindrift View Post
Sides are accessible. Doing any work on the top of the tank would be extremely challenging. In fact, depending upon the height of your float, the tank would need to be dropped.
Ideally I'd have access to just about the highest point on the side.
Old 07-04-2014, 04:34 PM   #24

Trying to figure this all out! Picture of the belly of our RW.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (370.4 KB, 3 views)
JohnEileen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 04:35 PM   #25

It didn't attach the second photo.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (370.4 KB, 6 views)
Old 07-04-2014, 04:39 PM   #26

Very sorry to post the photo twice. I have two photos but it is only showing one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (312.1 KB, 8 views)
Old 07-04-2014, 04:40 PM   #27

So in the second photo you can see 5 drains total and the ones located on the side are marked as to what they are for, but not the ones in the middle of the belly.
Old 07-04-2014, 06:43 PM   #28
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnEileen View Post
So in the second photo you can see 5 drains total and the ones located on the side are marked as to what they are for, but not the ones in the middle of the belly.
The valved red and blue lines on the side are your main water line drains and I have forgotten already what specifically the white line is except that it is obviously an overflow.

The valve line under the belly is the fresh water tank drain. The other white line under the belly is an overflow line for the fresh water tank. This is the line that some folks have had trouble with siphoning water out of the tank if it hasn't been installed properly.

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 01:47 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnEileen View Post
The area where the red, blue and white lines are the low point drains [red is hot water, blue is cold], the white one is the overflow for the fresh water tank.

The other lines [closer to the front of the coach], the one with the valve is the crest water drain, the other blue one a little further back is kind of a mystery, it is in effect another overflow. Many of us have placed a valve on this line to prevent the FW tank from draining as it has a tendency to prevent a full load. I have valved mine BUT I ALWAYS open the valve when filling the tank, once its filled I close the valve to prevent syphoning. You're lucky yours is exposed, I didn't know I had one as it was tucked in the belly pan, one day I noticed water dripping from the bottom of the coach, I had to explore to find out why, once I found the drain and rerouted it outside I put the valve on it, no problems since!!
Old 07-05-2014, 02:48 PM   #30

I put a valve on the "mystery" blue overlflow. I fill until water starts coming out that line, close the valve and continue to fill until water comes out the white overflow.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 09:59 AM   #31

My fresh water tank overflows within a minute of starting to fill the tank from empty. Sensor shows full. Thinking about putting a stop valve on the overflow so I can fill the tank. Thoughts??
larslo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 04:02 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by larslo View Post
My fresh water tank overflows within a minute of starting to fill the tank from empty. Sensor shows full. Thinking about putting a stop valve on the overflow so I can fill the tank. Thoughts??
I know those gauges are totally useless, typically the fresh water one works. With that said if it says full & won't take water I'd say it's full?
Does the pump run a constant flow without surging or spitting/spurting? If so you have water in the tank.
Have you opened the drain on the tank to verify it's empty? Open the drain & push a wire up through if nothing comes out just to be sure it's not plugged up.
If you close the vent the tank will pressure up possibly rupturing the tank, won't take on water when it pressures up & if you don't remember to open the vent the pump won't be able to pull water once it's created a vacuum.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote