Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-11-2017, 01:21 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 1
Fresh water tank problem

Hi guys, just bought a redwood about 3 months ago and this is our first time using! We filled up the fresh water until it started leaking out of a blue hose towards the back of the rv....I thought that meant it was full. When we got to our destination no water was registered on our computer in the wall...the 3 bubbles were all empty. I am completely new at owning a camper. what do I need to do to fill my tank up!? Thanks
laurenmaset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 03:49 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Ford truck guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 1,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenmaset View Post
Hi guys, just bought a redwood about 3 months ago and this is our first time using! We filled up the fresh water until it started leaking out of a blue hose towards the back of the rv....I thought that meant it was full. When we got to our destination no water was registered on our computer in the wall...the 3 bubbles were all empty. I am completely new at owning a camper. what do I need to do to fill my tank up!? Thanks
Was there a shutoff valve where the water leaked out from? If so, that is the drain hose... close that valve and try again
__________________
2015 F-350
2020 3991RD with-
17.5 Goodyear 114's , Titan Disc brakes, MorRyde 8K IS, Onan 6.5..
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 05:38 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
travelin' texans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,814
There's also an overfill/vent line under there that you need to put a valve on to keep it from siphoning the water out of the tank, just be sure to open the overfill/ventl before filling the tank so as not to rupture the tank, once full then close .
The sensors in the cabinet are notorious for being so inaccurate that it's almost a waste of time to install them, you can try cleaners, ice cubes, magic potions of detergent & water softener & they will still be worthless. My point, don't put much faith in them especially on your black tank.
Welcome to the forum.
__________________
Danny & Linda
Former '13 FB owner
Currently rvless!
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 05:39 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
xtasee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford truck guy View Post
Was there a shutoff valve where the water leaked out from? If so, that is the drain hose... close that valve and try again
If there is no valve, do a search here for a known siphoning problem where if you fill the tank completely full, the water can siphon out of the overflow until you have a low tank.

There are a couple of fixes you will find if that is the case...
__________________
Larry, Stephanie Park City, Utah
2017 31SL King, 8K axles, Disc Brakes,17.5 Goodyear H tires,BU Camera,5.5 Onan, Heated HT pads, Two Uniguard Awnings, Slide Toppers, 2000w PSW inverter
xtasee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 06:56 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Ford truck guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 1,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtasee View Post
If there is no valve, do a search here for a known siphoning problem where if you fill the tank completely full, the water can siphon out of the overflow until you have a low tank.

There are a couple of fixes you will find if that is the case...
I HAD that problem, but would not loose the entire tank... I filled mine up and drove 20 miles to the track. Went down a few side roads, 95 for a few miles, and a few more side roads... at the end I lost about 1/2 the water..

I went to HD and got a shut off valve like mentioned above, just make sure it is OPEN during fill up.. I can send pics once I get home from work
__________________
2015 F-350
2020 3991RD with-
17.5 Goodyear 114's , Titan Disc brakes, MorRyde 8K IS, Onan 6.5..
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 02:05 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
atom ant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 7,079
Assuming you are similar year to our 2014 Redwood - Valve this one



And use the other vent as overflow

__________________
Brad & Dory - Lone Tree, CO
CURRENT - 2013 Itasca Meridian 42E/2013 Wrangler 4dr Sahara
SOLD - 2014 Redwood 36RL/2014 F350 DRW
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Redwood RV or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.