Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-15-2012, 10:39 AM   #1
Site Team

I'm at the factory today getting my "slide-in-slide" fixed along with a few other things. Although I had to drive 5 hours to get here, I'm impressed with the service and how helpful the folks are at the factory. It's been well worth the trip!

I finally got to meet Brian, who has been so helpful over the last couple of months answering questions. Linda, who is (the happy voice on the phone) works along with Brian in the office and Ron, the guy assigned to fixing my problems. All of them have treated me like I owned the place and their determination to fix any issues without hesitation as been wonderful.

My last RV was made by Forest River and if it needed warranty work, the first challenge was to prove it wasn't my fault something broke. Here at Redwood, no questions were asked, they simply apologized for the issue and then determined the best fix for it. It's nice to have a RV company with people that care.

Old 08-15-2012, 11:24 AM   #2

thats very comforting to know do they also do annual inspections there to
Old 08-15-2012, 01:28 PM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Ginny
I'm at the factory today getting my "slide-in-slide" fixed along with a few other things. Although I had to drive 5 hours to get here, I'm impressed with the service and how helpful the folks are at the factory. It's been well worth the trip!

I finally got to meet Brian, who has been so helpful over the last couple of months answering questions. Linda, who is (the happy voice on the phone) works along with Brian in the office and Ron, the guy assigned to fixing my problems. All of them have treated me like I owned the place and their determination to fix any issues without hesitation as been wonderful.

My last RV was made by Forest River and if it needed warranty work, the first challenge was to prove it wasn't my fault something broke. Here at Redwood, no questions were asked, they simply apologized for the issue and then determined the best fix for it. It's nice to have a RV company with people that care.

Dave,

Your comments are great to see. I have been thinking that if and when I need service again, I will try to have it done at the factory rather than the dealer. The factor is only about 1 1/2 hours from where I live whereas the dealer is 2 1/2 hours away. I may take our coach into the factory this fall to have the annual inspection re-done. I am not really sure that the dealer did anything other than mark the inspection label on the storage door by the docking center. I would like to have seen a check off list indicating what was checked.

Hope to see you at the rally next week on Thursday evening. I will be driving to campground after work to visit with everyone for a couple of hours on Thursday evening and then meeting you at the factory on Saturday. Do you know what time the group is gathering at the factory on Saturday?

Guy

Edited by: hoosierguy

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:45 PM   #4
Site Team

Guy,

I don't know the plans for the rally. I'll be there Thursday night hopefully by around 5:30 if I can get away from the office on time. See ya there

Old 08-15-2012, 01:56 PM   #5

Guy, factory tour beginins at 0900 on Sat. Moors cocktail hour begins 5:30 pm on the 23d, site c45, see you there.
Old 08-15-2012, 06:49 PM   #6

Dave--

I'm so glad to hear that you are pleased with the factory service. We are travelling to Indiana from Vancouver, WA and have a service and repair appointment on Sept. 27th. They are going to do our one year inspection and check out some other issues. We are hoping to take the tour while we're there and also hope to be able to meet Brian and the rest of the crew. We've had nothing but wonderful experiences with Redwood over the phone and they are so willing to get what we want done.

Wish we could make the rally and be able to meet all of you, but we're still working until Aug. 31st. Then it's "FREEDOM"!!!!!

Safe Travels To All!!

Fred & Danette

'12 Ford F350 SD Fx4
fdmckee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:02 PM   #7
Site Team

Fred,

sorry we won't be able to meet at the rally. I'm sure as this family of RV'ers grow we'll have a chance meet in the future.

dave

Old 08-16-2012, 03:57 PM   #8

Looking forward to it Dave!!
'12 Ford F350 SD Fx4
fdmckee is offline   Reply With Quote