Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-09-2015, 01:45 PM   #1

Talking Dissapointed with Lazy Days Service

We took our Redwood in for water leak repair a few months ago.
The leak was coming in the rear A/C unit, some of the A/C wiring was under the A/C unit gasket causing the water leak.
Lazy Days removed the rear A/C unit, replaced the A/C unit gasket and sealed everything back up. (Did a great job sealing the unit, no water leak since)
The next evening we ran the heatpump (Still in the 50s at night) and it just blew air, not heat. The A/C mode worked fine.
I called our service writer at Lazy Days several times and left messages, no answer or return call.
Then I got a call from scheduling saying the next available appointment to return was going to be about 45 days out.
Well we were heading to Texas and had to wait a several months before we were back in the Tampa area.
We had to use propane heat and both units A/C mode worked fine.

Now we return to Lazy Days this past week for our return appointment to get the Heat Pump mode working again.
I told the Service Writer and the tech working on our Unit the same story about it worked when we brought our Redwood in a few months ago, they removed the A/C unit to fix the water leak and it has not worked since.
Well the Tech worked on our unit ALL DAY 8 Hours (Replacing parts) and could not find the problem.
We ended up spending the night in the service bay !!
I met the tech again the next morning and again went through my events of the last service and said could there be a broken wire or something.
I left Lazy Days to run a few errands and came back in a couple of hours to find our Redwood was out in the front parking lot service pickup area.
Went inside and found our Service Writer, he had no idea of the status so I walked back to the service bay and asked the Tech what he found.
He said he found the Heat Pump was wired backwards at the unit, corrected the wiring and it works fine now, DUH !!!
Maybe it is just me, but if I brought a unit for service and the Heat Pump worked when I brought it in but did not when we picked it up and during service the A/C Heat Pump unit was removed and wiring was disconnected, would the first thing you would check is the wiring connections at the unit that was removed to ensure the connections were right !!!
So far my experience with Lazy Days service has been disappointing.
17.5 Goodyear G114's, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Curt Q24 Hitch

rob_fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 02:49 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
Rob
The black wire goes to the oven and the white wire to the fridge
Old 05-09-2015, 04:23 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Wood View Post
Rob
The black wire goes to the oven and the white wire to the fridge
That's what I thought
17.5 Goodyear G114's, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Curt Q24 Hitch

rob_fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 10:24 PM   #4

Met a couple last weekend with a motorhome and they said it was slam bang thank you and what was your name? Too bad because I thought they were always a class act. But on the other side of the coin we have an identical rl36 at the camp ground purchased there and also serviced therte yearly when it returns to Florida. Who can guess...ita roll of the dice and I'm not a gambler.
Old 05-12-2015, 02:52 AM   #5

I wear a t-shirt I got at the local Dollar Store that says it all...

YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID...