Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-25-2013, 04:41 AM   #1

I posted a question on the Redwood site over a week ago an have not heard back from them. We bought our 36RL used and want to add a dishwasher to it. Does anyone know how big of a deal this would be?
Old 02-25-2013, 06:24 AM   #2

Not a big deal. When we ordered our 36FL from Lazy Days we ordered it with a dishwasher. When they ordered it from the factory apparently they did not include the dishwasher.Before we took possession, they installed a Fisher and Paykel diswasher. They had to order two new cabinet doors (half size) and then installed the unit, didn't take but a few hours.It looks great and works better!!!! Highly recommend the F&P dishwasher.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:35 AM   #3
Site Team

Don't be afraid of taking these trailers apart and customizing them if your handy around the stick and brick homes you can adjust these as well. They go together with screws and the trim is all held together with "brad nails". The plumbing is all put together with pex pipe type of clamps which are easy to take apart and put back together. The paneling is all stapled with short staples and I think glued. The under belly is held up with 3/8 head self tapping screws if you need to get under there.

Just remember that these units shack and flex while going down the road so if you uses any type of sealant use silicone since it holds yet flexes.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:37 AM   #4

If you take it to a dealeer with multiple "shops" --plumbing, cabinet, etc., they should have no trouble installing a dw and making it look like it "grew" there. In addition to Lazydays where we ordered our RW, there was a dealer in NJ who we considered buying a used RW from. It didn't have a dw and was missing some other options we wanted and they were going to make all the changes we wanted as part of the deal.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:49 AM   #5

Can someone tell me what model Fisher/Paykel Dishwasher they have? I called Redwood and they gave me a part # but I can't determine which model it is from that.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:22 PM   #6

I'm going to my trailer to check for water leaks and run the genny Sunday. My manual is for DD24, DD60, DD36, and DD90 and bill of sale only says dishwasher. I will confirm our model when I return.

Old 02-28-2013, 08:29 PM   #7

Tim, mine is a DD24.
Mike & Pam '12 36RL, Kodiak Discs, 17.5" G114s H-Rated, SRE4000 w/HD Shackles, Joy Rider Shocks, Flex Air, 5.5 Onan, W&D, DW, 4 Scare Lights, (2) 6V Trojan T-145s; Progressive EMS-HW50C, Winegard DTV Sat, Sony/Denon 4K Home Theater, WiFiRanger EliteAC Pack, weBoost 4G-X Cell Booster.

2022 RAM 3500 Limited CC, LB, 4x4, DRW, Max Tow, Cummins HO, AISIN, 4.10, Mopar 30K w/OEM Prep, Transfer Flow 70gal Aux Tank/Toolbox.
5th_Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:36 PM   #8

John, after I travel anywhere, I find my dishwasher spray arm loose & just bouncing around the bottom of the dishwasher. I have to put it back on the impeller every time. Redwood says that's normal - it just sits on there with no attachment? Do you also have the same problem? Edited by: 5th_Time
Mike & Pam '12 36RL, Kodiak Discs, 17.5" G114s H-Rated, SRE4000 w/HD Shackles, Joy Rider Shocks, Flex Air, 5.5 Onan, W&D, DW, 4 Scare Lights, (2) 6V Trojan T-145s; Progressive EMS-HW50C, Winegard DTV Sat, Sony/Denon 4K Home Theater, WiFiRanger EliteAC Pack, weBoost 4G-X Cell Booster.

2022 RAM 3500 Limited CC, LB, 4x4, DRW, Max Tow, Cummins HO, AISIN, 4.10, Mopar 30K w/OEM Prep, Transfer Flow 70gal Aux Tank/Toolbox.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:00 PM   #9

We have a F&P dishwasher and have no problems.All the parts stay in place. We did have an issue with the drawer staying closed. We had an isssue when we first bought the coach but Redwood called in a F&P rep and he fixed it.The parts should not be loose.Contact F&P and have them fix it and/or call Redwood back and tell them to read the tech manuals as that advice is BS.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:10 PM   #10

Mine does the same thing.... a real PITA to take all the racks out to reattach it. I guess I add that to the things to fix in a month when it goes to the dealer.

Old 02-28-2013, 09:23 PM   #11

John, can you verify it's actually clipped on the impeller or does it just sit there & you can easily lift it off.

Old 03-01-2013, 06:50 AM   #12

Steve, I just checked the impeller is loose but with the rack on top it has no place to go. We placed decorative hooks on either side of the dishwasher and use a bungy cord with two micro fiber cloths to secure the door from opening.We had an issue with that and the dishwasher jammed, something about the impeller apparatus being raised and stuck in the up position. That was easily fixed by the tech, he adjusted the door so it stays closed during travel but we still use the bungy cord. Perhaps I misunderstand as I fail to see how the impeller would come loose with the dishrack placed on top of it.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:32 PM   #13

Steve, just returned from the Toronto RV show, There was a 36rl and a 36 fl there, checked the dw and the impellers are not fastened to any thing, the same as mine. Don't know why yours is giving you such a hard time. May be your rack is too high and that allows your impeller to jump out od it's holder. Good luck my Friend
Old 03-02-2013, 05:00 PM   #14

OK all, I finally found the model RW uses for the RV's, DD24SCB7. I am glad I looked at all of the measurements before I ordered it. You need a deeper sink cabinet to install these. My island is the same all the way across. I am going to the RV show in Phili tomorrow to talk to a couple of Redwood dealers to see if I need to change out the entire cabinet or if there is a trim option. If I have to change the cabinet, Momma's not getting her dishwasher. Thanks to all who chimed in. I appreciate the help. Back to the Wild Turkey for now!
Old 03-02-2013, 06:14 PM   #15

You might want to check into putting an 18" wide, regular height DW into the cabinet where the wastebasket is located. I haven't checked the measurements, but that was one suggestion made to us for the used RW we were considering