Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-27-2014, 11:02 PM   #1

Disc Brake Retrofit

I'd like to know if you experienced folks think refitting our 36RL from drum to disk brakes is something that our dealer could accomplish or if it is a job best suited to the service center. Thanks

Jim & Mary 2013 36 RL with Titan Disc Brakes Residential Fridge Goodyear 17.5 H rated tires MORryde IS, MORryde pin box 2015 Ford F350 King Ranch DRW
Jim & Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 11:10 PM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim & Mary View Post
I'd like to know if you experienced folks think refitting our 36RL from drum to disk brakes is something that our dealer could accomplish or if it is a job best suited to the service center. Thanks
You may want to look at the Mor/Ryde web site under running gear and disk brakes. I believe they install the same brand (Kodiak) of brakes that I ordered from Redwood. Try the following link:

http://www.morryde.com/aftermarket/r...brakes-49.html

I don't know if the factory service center will do this type of installation.....maybe. A quick call will answer the question.

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 11:29 PM   #3

Well, our issue is the distance from the west coast to the midwest to get this kind of thing done........just wondering if it is too complex for dealers to handle.

Jim & Mary 2013 36 RL with Titan Disc Brakes Residential Fridge Goodyear 17.5 H rated tires MORryde IS, MORryde pin box 2015 Ford F350 King Ranch DRW
Jim & Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 12:13 AM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Well, our issue is the distance from the west coast to the midwest to get this kind of thing done........just wondering if it is too complex for dealers to handle.

You may still want to call Redwood or the factory service center to see if they can recommend a dealer/service department on the west coast that can do that type of work.

Check the Kodiak web site at:

http://www.kodiaktrailer.com/index.p...tion/installer

There are 3 direct installers in California and 1 in Oregon.

I don't know about Camping World locations as to whether they can install disk brakes.

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 02:10 AM   #5
Site Team

don't think it would be too complex, so I believe a good dealer could tackle the job.
Old 08-28-2014, 02:38 AM   #6

Most dealers have the ability but most don't want to mess with it. It is not difficult, I represent Titan Brake Systems and most likely local installation can be achieved. I will be at the Pomona RV show in Oct., Indio in Dec. and Quartzsite in Jan.

Ron & Margaret
2014 Ram 3500 DRW 6.7, Aisin, 4.10
"Pequod" 2015 Redwood 38GK
Titan Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 09:05 PM   #7

Quote:
Jim,

The factory service centre only does warranty work. I asked them about putting the extra piece in front of the slide for the new chairs, but they declined. Too busy for additional work.

Andy & Judi, Canine Companions Duke & Kona
2012 F350 Lariat CC SRW Airlift 5000 |2013 RW 36FL Winegard Trav'ler
Travel Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
Oriana is offline   Reply With Quote