Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-03-2018, 12:05 AM   #1

decals

We bought a 38gk in 2015 new, it has gel coat sides . The factory installed the decals in the wrong spot, Now 3 years later it has started to show a shadow where the old decals were. Tried to buff out with no luck. Do you think Keystone should take care of this?
Rob Runion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 05:40 PM   #2

I would say with Keystone, NOT a chance.

Mark
Old 07-14-2018, 04:16 PM   #3
TDG

Buyer Beware RV Companys are done with the owners soon as the Unit leaves the lot
TDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 04:47 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDG View Post
Buyer Beware RV Companys are done with the owners soon as the Unit leaves the lot
I'd had have to disagree on my RW! While under warranty I went directly through RW/Crossroads & had the few major items repaired at the factory, the other minor items I did myself with reimbursement for parts from RW.
Now today you have to go through a dealer to have any/all warranty issues diagnosed then repaired & unfortunately there's a LOT of dealers out there that are that way, sold & forgotten, but from reading this forum & others, NEVER trust your dealer if the phrase "waiting on parts" or waiting on authorization" is mentiined, that's their famous stall tactics, call RW directly to make sure parts or authorization has even been ordered. They will tell you when they were shipped & who signed for them, then go back to the dealer & ask again, see what happens when you ask what so & so did with the parts they signed for.
Yes they need to have better QC at the factory, not likely to change, & better dealerships that offer service as well as sales, also not likely to change.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 08:27 PM   #5

decals

Decided to paint my front and rear where the gel coat is. I live in AZ and the sun keeps beating it up while the new paint is being applied my Redwood decals are no longer visible I am looking to find out where I can purchase the decals any suggestions?
If so please email me at nina48lou@gmail.com
Marty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 01:14 AM   #6

Your dealer, or Tiara RV should be able to get them for you.
Elliott & Vicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 01:58 AM   #7

Thanks sadly no dealer here but I did find them online .
Marty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 04:40 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty View Post
Thanks sadly no dealer here but I did find them online .
My suggestion Is to go to Indiana and see if they can help you at the factory. Generally speaking they maybe willing to help with a good will warrenty. They may have the parts in stock and in just a few hours have you on the road if its possible. I think if you reach out to the factory for service to see if this is possible you may have more luck then threw your local dealer. Most local dealer don't have qualified help to screw in a light bulb...….
Old 12-22-2018, 04:58 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCMARK View Post
My suggestion Is to go to Indiana and see if they can help you at the factory. Generally speaking they maybe willing to help with a good will warrenty. They may have the parts in stock and in just a few hours have you on the road if its possible. I think if you reach out to the factory for service to see if this is possible you may have more luck then threw your local dealer. Most local dealer don't have qualified help to screw in a light bulb...….

They may have the front and rear decals, but if you have the unpainted model, they may not have the side decals. They had to paint to match the one that needed to be replaced after they fixed my Redwood.
Elliott & Vicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 02:10 AM   #10

Little update on our Redwood gel coat fading. The Dealer nor Keystone came through on helping us take care of this problem. VERY DISAPPOINTING. So we decided to take it to Bremen Ind , to have the drivers side painted .
Rob Runion is offline   Reply With Quote