Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-22-2013, 12:30 PM   #1

One of the items I "negotiated" into our deal are Goodyear G614 tires. I asked for five wheels and tires, one being the spare. I just received an email from the dealer telling me that Redwood doesn't offer a spare and the dealer will not accept the liability of providing a spare with the coach. What gives? When I upgraded the wheels and tires on our Artic Fox, I received FIVE wheels and tires.
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:37 PM   #2

My RW came with 5 tires and wheels from the factory.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:12 PM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindrift
One of the items I "negotiated" into our deal are Goodyear G614 tires. I asked for five wheels and tires, one being the spare. I just received an email from the dealer telling me that Redwood doesn't offer a spare and the dealer will not accept the liability of providing a spare with the coach. What gives? When I upgraded the wheels and tires on our Artic Fox, I received FIVE wheels and tires.

Unless something has changed, I think your dealer does not know what he is talking about whether innocently or on purpose. Our 2012 36RL came with with 5 wheels which we had upgraded to the Goodyear G614 wheels and tires. I also paid the dealer $25. per wheel extra for balancing all 5 wheels (they don't come balanced from the factory).

I am very serious about making this statement, and that is,that I believesome of the dealers speak from very limited specific knowledge about the products they sell.

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:22 PM   #4

If they don't come with a spare what's that black donut under the rear of my 36RL!!!!!!!!!!!!
Beechguyjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:34 PM   #5

I think your dealer is under some type of medication. If I were you I would be contacting Redwood and informing them of the situation. Redwood has been great to work with and have stood behind their product.
Old 02-22-2013, 03:21 PM   #6
Site Team

I agree with Col John. My 2013 RL came from the factory with G's and I definitely have 5 of them. For what the upgrade costs, I'd be really p'd if I didn't have a spare .........
Old 02-22-2013, 03:52 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLJDM
I think your dealer is under some type of medication. If I were you I would be contacting Redwood and informing them of the situation. Redwood has been great to work with and have stood behind their product.

Colonel...originally I thought it might be something related to the rear floor configuration (slide-out?) of the 36FL. At least you have confirmed that this isn't the case.
Old 02-22-2013, 03:59 PM   #8

The spare tire location is under the master suite. it is actioned via a "bolt" on the right side of the rear door steps (turn the bolt and the tire drops down, just like the spare on the truck) You should be receiving 5 upgraded tires and I would call Redwood and have them verify that as well as contact your dealer to ensure you receive 5 tires and wheels. I am glad you are opting to upgrade the tires and wheels as we did not do that originally and have since upgraded both due to the extremely poor performance of the Goodyear Marathon tires.
Old 02-23-2013, 05:33 PM   #9

All of you should get a prize. The dealer called me today and apologized profusely for the misunderstanding. It appears everyone at the dealership assumed that there wasn't a spare tire on the coach already. After a call to Redwood and a check "under the hood", voila!! I can look forward to the spare tire being changed out to a G as well.

Thank you all for giving me the confidence to see this through to a pleasant outcome.
Old 02-23-2013, 05:59 PM   #10

Granted, RW is a fairly "new" product, but thanks to this forum and other research, I knew more about the product when we started seriously shopping than all but 1 dealer (he didn't always know, but at least was honest enough to say so and forward the question to the factory rep). Don't know if the problem is that RW doesn't have seminars or something to educate dealers, or if the dealers just don't care enough to get themselves educated, but it sure is annoying. If I had run my business that way, I'd have been out of business real fast.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:18 PM   #11

I think it has to start at the dealership. Either they think an educated salesperson is a good thing, or they don't. If I'm not mistaken, Lazydays RV dedicates an hour of training each and every morning.