Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-03-2016, 03:01 AM   #21

Yea found geocel clear bout 12 bucks a tube amazon

Tube says Sherwin Williams wonder if they sell it in their store.

Gently separated caulk from ol d tube, set screws on end need to cut old caulk out and replace
Wanted to use up all 50' then open tube of caulk to use it up

K
proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 04:18 PM   #22

several clears several whites several blacks listed on amazon which specific one is it. I don't want to get the wrong one...
katy4man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 05:59 PM   #23

Geocel 28100V Pro Flex Crystal Clear RV Flexible Sealant .............is this the right one to use for sealing the D seal??
Old 11-03-2016, 08:53 PM   #24

I still think that the D seal that is used at the factory seems to be too large of a "D". My slides close up really close and that smashed them real good - and after some time, they start to tear..
Time will tell if my smaller one works better...
My previous post showed the AP part number I used.

The problem of the screw falling out - just need a dab of sealant under the seal, then insert screw, and another dab around the head of the screw - Plus the sealant along the outside between the exterior side wall and the seal. The "DAP 2.0 Gutter and Flashing - Crystal Clear" seems to working Great as of now..
Old 11-04-2016, 12:46 AM   #25

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by katy4man View Post
Geocel 28100V Pro Flex Crystal Clear RV Flexible Sealant .............is this the right one to use for sealing the D seal??

That's the one I got from amazon 13 bucks

Karl
proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 12:01 PM   #26

Thank you!!!
Old 11-04-2016, 04:07 PM   #27

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
Quote:
Originally Posted by 830hvacman View Post
I still think that the D seal that is used at the factory seems to be too large of a "D". My slides close up really close and that smashed them real good - and after some time, they start to tear..
Time will tell if my smaller one works better...
My previous post showed the AP part number I used.

The problem of the screw falling out - just need a dab of sealant under the seal, then insert screw, and another dab around the head of the screw - Plus the sealant along the outside between the exterior side wall and the seal. The "DAP 2.0 Gutter and Flashing - Crystal Clear" seems to working Great as of now..
I think that the reason for the larger seal is if the slides get out of adjustment while travelling there is still contact with it to prevent water intrusion
That's my story and I'm sticking to it