Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-16-2013, 12:30 PM   #1
Site Team

Just a short note to say what many others have said ~ the people at the factory Service Center are top-notch. Fixed everything we had the remotest concern about and also did a few updates and mods that we didn't ask for but were much appreciated.

Many thanks to all of them, and especially Randy and Gary.
Old 08-16-2013, 02:00 PM   #2

I've heard about these "updates and mods" for the second or third time. Care to provide some detail?
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 02:07 PM   #3
Site Team

When I picked it up, Gary mentioned that he wasn't happy with the Surround sound system and had totally re-programmed it and had replaced two speakers. It wasn't on my list and I actually wasn't unhappy with it. To say it is awesome now is an understatement. Put a Top Gun DVD in the other night and thought the rig was going to launch along with the F14 ! He also added gas struts to the top two cabinet doors over the fridge and microwave that didn't have them and while it was there put the fork oil into the leveling system and then re-set the level controls because he wasn't happy with them. None of that stuff was on the list. I know there's a couple more items but can't remember right now.

Bottom line is that the Service people are what's going to retain Redwood owners and keep us coming back. We've had our RL for about 9 months and the conversation after leaving the plant on Saturday went "wouldn't a 38GK be really nice .........." LOL
Old 08-16-2013, 02:15 PM   #4

These stories make me think the 700 mile drive might be worth it.
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 02:25 PM   #5

We were as pleased with the factory service when we went there last year. Unfortunately for us, this year, when we took our coach to the factory, due to a suspension failure while enroute on our annual summer trip, they could not accomodate us due to their workload and we were farmed out to Lippert and an RV Dealership in Elkhart for repairs. We did not receive the premium service from those activities, as mentioned above, that the factory normally provides. It was our loss.
Old 08-16-2013, 02:48 PM   #6

We are looking forward to our trip (1500 miles) in September. We have a pretty good size list for them.

Old 08-16-2013, 03:55 PM   #7

We too were pleasantly surprised with the service we received at Crossroads Service Center! They went well above what we had expected. Can't say enough about them!
Adamsvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 03:56 PM   #8

Won't regret the trip! Those folks are great. We were there having a mini rally with Tracy & Vaughn.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 11:02 PM   #9

We too had a great experience at the CrossRoads Service Center. Sent a list of things that needed to be looked at and Andi made the appointment for the estimated time. We made it for 2 days before the Rally. Randy, service manager and his guys did a Excellent job! Even Ron Howard stepped in and gave his expertise at programing the new locks that they replaced. If they see a potential problem they find it and fix it before it becomes a problem. Randy and his team are caring and very good at their jobs. They go out of their way to make it right! I am convinced that taking our coach to the Cross Roads Service Center was a great move. We can’t thank you guys enough! Great Job!!

Full Timers in our 2013 36FL with MoRryde 8000# IS suspension. Pulled by 2012 Sport Chassis with Hensley Trailer Saver Hitch.
UNDRPSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:13 PM   #10

At the service center are you able to stay in your unit a night or do you have to get a hotel room. I have an appt. in October and it is going to take 2 days to work on my unit. I know one can stay in unit the night before at there camping spots they have but didn't know after one drops it off at service center what you have to do for accommodations. Any help will be appreciated.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:38 PM   #11

Depends on what your having done. Crossroads does have hookups and a dump station at its old Has building that you can stay at for free. However, we had to have our main slide removed and therefore had to stay in a hotel. We opted to stay at the Best Western in Goshen, IN about 15 minutes away.

Adamsvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:53 PM   #12

I'm sure if there is anyway for them to make it conveniate for you, they will. Shop people leave @ 3:30 unless it's something they have to finish.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote