Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-14-2014, 02:20 PM   #21

We are able to switch our living room TV from the Satellite to Park Cable / OTA by just selecting input on the TV.
I hooked up the HDMI Cable from the Satellite Receiver to the 2nd HDMI connection on the LG TV.
So on our LG TV, the "TV" input is for Park Cable / OTA Antenna (Just press the Amplifier P/B for OTA Signal) the HDMI1 input is for the LG Blue Ray Player and the HDMI2 input is for the Satellite Receiver.
With the OTA Amplifier on you would be amazed at what you can pickup when using the TV Scan feature.
The OTA Digital signal / picture quality in most cases is great due to OTA signal is not compressed like typical Cable Signal has to be.
Our rear bedroom TV is feeding off the 2nd Channel Tuner output on the satellite receiver so I had to put a manual selector switch on the bedroom TV to switch between the Park Cable / OTA Antenna and the Satellite Receiver signal.

Got both the Satellite Receiver Remotes setup yesterday to sync with the LG TVs, now we can turn the TVs on / off and adjust sound and such with the Satellite Remotes.

Sure is nice to get the Satellite working again and have a Channel Guide was are familiar with instead of having to learn new channel numbers at every park we stay at.

Only problem is Dish does not offer DNS (Distant Network Service) anymore. It was nice, with DNS we would get the New York and Los Angles network feeds anywhere in the country, now we have to call Dish every time we move and give them a new service address, it takes about 5 minutes to get the local channels downloaded / working on the Satellite after calling Dish.
17.5 Goodyear G114's, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Curt Q24 Hitch

rob_fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 02:43 PM   #22

Thanks, I'll give that a try.
Old 07-14-2014, 05:32 PM   #23

Ok everyone, I have read all of the post in this thread and don't think that I missed it but could have. I have not heard anyone speak of the duplicate connector plate with the white coax cables located in the top of the left armoire in the 39MB. I have hooked up all of the TV's to the satellite receivers along with the roof antenna and all are working correctly. While I was searching for the connector for the bedroom TV I ran across a dual connector right next to the amplifier/booster switch which is in the top of the armoire. When I removed it (looking for the orange coax) I noticed both were white. I have no idea what these are for. I also found a cable with a small square plug coming through the ceiling in the same location. After reading some of the other post I am under the assumption that this cable is for the roof top sat dish. If anyone knows what the white coax's are for please let me know.
Hers - 2015 39MB
daily413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 05:48 PM   #24

The thinner black cable with a 6-pin type connector is for the pre-wired satellite antenna. The white coax connected to the booster go to the bedroom, living room and basement/outdoor media area. Should be some splitters involved as well.
USN Retired

Radio_Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 07:21 PM   #25

Thanks Radio, but these particular white coax's are going to dual jacks which don't seem to be part of the booster. The booster is only about 8 inches away from the dual jacks. The booster has a jack on it and there is another jack on a different plate for the sat connection (which is not in the armoire but next to the TV), but there is another plate that has two jacks on it. Unless it does some crazy stuff in the ceiling, I do not know what the two additional jacks are for.
Hers - 2015 39MB
daily413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 07:27 PM   #26

Maybe it was just an OOPS, and they left it there ????
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 01:10 AM   #27

After working through this for a few hours, I finally got it working for a 2014 36FB. I thought I would document in case I have to do it again....

The picture below shows the two Satellite connectors in the basement on the drivers side. Note the excellent labeling of each satellite....they both just say Satellite! I would have save some time had they been labeled. I ended up using the one on the left. Your mileage may very.

20140825_184858.resized.jpg

The picture below is w/ the upper middle cabinet above the TV which, for me, had 3 orange cables: one w/ no black tape, another w/ one black piece of black tape and one with two pieces of black tape.
To connect to my DirecTv I ended up using the orange cable w/ *one* piece of black tape.

20140825_184458.resized.jpg

The following picture shows the tool I used to grab the HDMI cable coming from the receiver. I was in a "Dr. Ben Carson" mode trying to have my wife raise and lower the HDMI cable while I "fished" for anything moving. Note the size of the hole: about 1". If I would have done this another 5 minutes I was going to drill out the hole to be much larger.

20140825_184739.resized.jpg

Note also on the left w/ the 2 connections. The top one is from the "cable" tv connection. I'm not sure what the bottom one is. I thought it might be the "satellite" and spent a lot of time trying to figure out what that was. Thanks to this thread I realized I needed to use the orange cables in the middle cabinet. Would it be too much to have labeled these two connectors? BTW I connect this "cable" tv to the tv and use the TV's remote Input to toggle between the DirecTv and local RV park provided cable.

2014 36FB, 2012 F350 DRW,
Onan, Washer/Dryer, Dish Washer, Satellite Internet, Comfort Ride Hitch
Current location: Ozarks, MO
Marilyn H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 01:35 AM   #28

BooHoo, No pics

you can add pics by using the Go advanced button,
scroll down and click Manage Attachments,
click browse,
navigate to locate and select the file,
click upload,
and close when done...

then when you save the pics will be there
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (101.1 KB, 4 views)
Old 08-26-2014, 02:20 AM   #29

wow - i would not have figured that out. many thanks!

2014 36FB, 2012 F350 DRW,
Onan, Washer/Dryer, Dish Washer, Satellite Internet, Comfort Ride Hitch
Current location: Ozarks, MO
Marilyn H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 03:09 AM   #30

glad to help !!!
Old 12-28-2014, 01:03 AM   #31

Anybody have a clue if there have been any changes/updates to the coax cable routing to work with the new Travler Single Wire Multiswitch for DirecTV. This dish only requires the installed control cable and one coax and has no need for the second coax to the roof. But it does need coaxes routed to the other TV locations from a central location. There is a work-a-round, but involves buying new Wireless Genie Minis.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 01:43 AM   #32

Wiring diagram was useless for our rig, a '14 38gk. I posted the wiring for mine, I think on the other site...perhaps here too. It would work for direct...not sure how your new rig will be done.

Let me know if you can't find it.

Ken
brenkco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 02:19 AM   #33

Generic Cable / AV Wiring diagram is for a RL, have to read it backwards for our FL.
It was pretty much useless for us too, it did give is a clue about the cable markings and the general format, other than that it was useless.
17.5 Goodyear G114's, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Curt Q24 Hitch

rob_fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 03:23 AM   #34

Michelle,
Do you have Direct now? Should be the same.

If they (Redwood) kept the same wiring, you can run down one coax from the antenna to meet your power inserter and splitter in the ceiling even, to catch the other coax. Otherwise I would think it would be easy enough from either TV site, using the Satellite jumper to get the alternate TV.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 04:07 PM   #35

We do have DirecTV now, but converted our 3005/4 coax dish to a single wire system last May and now it looks like the Single Wire Mulitswitch is the only DirecTV Traveler offered by Winegard. DirecTV dislikes any type of inline splitter unless it's designed for their system. I don't know about Dish, but any of the newer DirecTV Receivers don't even have a Coaxial output anymore. I've looked at the generic wiring and sort of have a plan, but it will involve finding the in ceiling splitter and jumperinng past them, but the outside TV may present a problem.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
Old 12-28-2014, 04:23 PM   #36

Dish is the same on splitters, they have to be specific for Dish. I have one at the bedroom that feeds the Joey in the basement, but I had to find and get rid of Redwoods splitter in the ceiling first.

Good luck, I think it you can get it all to work. Does Redwood still do fully custom wiring?
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 04:50 PM   #37

Michelle & Ann,

I wasted over a day and a half looking for the splitter. I took every light fixture out, used some hi-tech equipment tracing cable runs. I don't have a splitter for the orange satellite cables!

One run is direct from the roof to the entertainment center. Run #2 was from the entertainment center to the convenience center. The third run was from the entertainment center direct to outside tv. Not a splitter to be found on any orange coax runs!

Redwood told me that the wiring diagram was generic and not specific to models (a wrong diagram is worse than none, IMHO). That's why I posted a diagram of my wiring. I can PM you with it if you would like.

Ken
brenkco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 12:26 AM   #38

Ken, thanks for the info. I'll hold off on the info you have (think I just saw it on a post while looking for any other info).
I'm still going to try and get cables put in by RW, Brian helped me get them info this RL. It all has to do with the SWM Travler that only uses one coax and the contol line into the unit, which I would like to get to the bedroom, then I just need a run from the bedroom to living room and outside TV. That would put the Winegard Control Box, Direct Power Injector and Power Pass Splitter all in one location.
Old 12-29-2014, 05:06 PM   #39

Cable / TV Schematic

Here is the RW schematic, all connections checked out, tested with Fluke device,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RW Cable Schematic.jpg (112.4 KB, 30 views)
crusepro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 01:20 AM   #40

But are you using that setup with a DirecTV SWM Dish and a Genie DVR? The SWM uses only one coax and there's only one coax input on the Genie and no coax outputs from it. Plus Direct does like splitters unless they're designed to work with their equipment, which I'm sure is not what RW is installing. If I can't get them to put in the cables I need, I can make theirs work, just will have to fine the extra junk they install and jumper around them.