Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 02-11-2015, 02:30 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
GA1817's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 351
Bedroom Slide 2012 36RL

Last weekend I pulled all of my slides in while doing a little maintenance on the tires. Went back this evening and all of a sudden my bedroom slide will not go out. At the LR end the slide will go out two or three inches but the front end will not go out at all. There are no error codes on the controller. The trouble shooting guide I downloaded from the other site shows it either being a dirty track or a blown motor. The track looks clean to me. Has anyone ever had this problem? Could a motor go bad and not show an error code? I tried pushing on it near the bedroom closet door while someone operated the switch with no success.
__________________
Dean & Cindy (Go DAWGS)
2013 Ram 3500 CC DRW 4.10 "Plain Jane"
(RIP "Struck by Lightning")
B&W 3600 Hitch 25K/6.25k
2012 36RL, Disc Brakes, G614's, 7K axles, Combo WD, Awning Toppers
Full Time Since April 1 2015:)!
GA1817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 02:34 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
DLRAKOWITZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 392
I had that problem out of the gate on my rw. Took me 3 hours and half a bottle of silicone spray on the tracks before I could correct mine. Finally I re-synced them by following the swintek procedure
__________________
David and Beth with our sidekick red heeler Queso the "big cheese". 2016 38GK with double unagaurd awnings with led lights and trailair air tri-glide pin box 8K axles with Linc System. 2012 Ram 3500 4x4 crew cab Laramie LWB Edge Juice with attitude with B&W 20k companion hitch.
DLRAKOWITZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 03:01 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
GA1817's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLRAKOWITZ View Post
I had that problem out of the gate on my rw. Took me 3 hours and half a bottle of silicone spray on the tracks before I could correct mine. Finally I re-synced them by following the swintek procedure
Was your problem with only one end wanting to open?
__________________
Dean & Cindy (Go DAWGS)
2013 Ram 3500 CC DRW 4.10 "Plain Jane"
(RIP "Struck by Lightning")
B&W 3600 Hitch 25K/6.25k
2012 36RL, Disc Brakes, G614's, 7K axles, Combo WD, Awning Toppers
Full Time Since April 1 2015:)!
GA1817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 03:32 AM   #4
Site Team
 
Dave&Ginny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 5,379
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA1817 View Post
Last weekend I pulled all of my slides in while doing a little maintenance on the tires. Went back this evening and all of a sudden my bedroom slide will not go out. At the LR end the slide will go out two or three inches but the front end will not go out at all. There are no error codes on the controller. The trouble shooting guide I downloaded from the other site shows it either being a dirty track or a blown motor. The track looks clean to me. Has anyone ever had this problem? Could a motor go bad and not show an error code? I tried pushing on it near the bedroom closet door while someone operated the switch with no success.
That's how mine acted too. Follow my thread of "important slide information". There's a picture showing where to spray silicone. Once you figure this out, it becomes a 3 minute fix.
__________________
SOB "The RV Wiseguy"
Dave&Ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 05:29 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
sinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 506
Hopefully it just requires lubrication. I had a Schwintek motor go out last spring. Redwood covered the cost for replacing both motors, even though I was past my warranty date by 4-5 months.
__________________
Dean & Pam - SOB
sinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 08:09 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
DLRAKOWITZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 392
Yeah it was on the side closest to the front of the trailer. It was flush on the side closest to the fridge and it was 3.5 inches out on the other
__________________
David and Beth with our sidekick red heeler Queso the "big cheese". 2016 38GK with double unagaurd awnings with led lights and trailair air tri-glide pin box 8K axles with Linc System. 2012 Ram 3500 4x4 crew cab Laramie LWB Edge Juice with attitude with B&W 20k companion hitch.
DLRAKOWITZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 01:58 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Rick and Mindy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,382
I'm curious, since the slide has four different tracks are there 4 motors operating it or are there just 2 at the top tracks only?
__________________
Rick and Mindy
Retired
2013 Redwood 31SL, 2011 Ford F350 SRW, 6.7, Crew Cab with Firestone Bags, Titan Disc Brakes
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 02:54 PM   #8
lwg
Senior Member
 
lwg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 918
I've had a similar problem. I had my wife push the button to move out the slide and I pushed on the side that was jamming up. All is well after that. This is assuming you don't have a bad motor and it's just an alignment problem.
__________________
2014 Redwood 38BR, Fulltiming
2013 Ford F-350 CCSB 6.7L 4x4 SRW, B&W Companion Hitch, Air Bags
lwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 04:09 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
atom ant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 7,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick and Mindy View Post
I'm curious, since the slide has four different tracks are there 4 motors operating it or are there just 2 at the top tracks only?
I always thought it was 4, but I think it is just two at the top like you say.
__________________
Brad & Dory - Lone Tree, CO
CURRENT - 2013 Itasca Meridian 42E/2013 Wrangler 4dr Sahara
SOLD - 2014 Redwood 36RL/2014 F350 DRW
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 04:15 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Rick and Mindy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,382
Maybe Dave can shed some light on the number of motors used? I have not tried to lube them yet but looks like that may be a project in the near future.
__________________
Rick and Mindy
Retired
2013 Redwood 31SL, 2011 Ford F350 SRW, 6.7, Crew Cab with Firestone Bags, Titan Disc Brakes
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Redwood RV or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.