Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-18-2014, 11:55 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Rick and Mindy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,397
auto leveling system will not go back to unhitched position

Ok, look, I love the hydraulic leveling system but for some reason, the last few times I try to re-hitch the system will not go back to the unhitched position. I press Left/Right buttons as instructed and the screen states "ERROR, feature disabled". Of course I can manually re-hitch but I've gotten spoiled by that feature, how do I get it back?
__________________
Rick and Mindy
Retired
2013 Redwood 31SL, 2011 Ford F350 SRW, 6.7, Crew Cab with Firestone Bags, Titan Disc Brakes
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 12:00 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Oriana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,257
I experienced a similar error message, so finally gave up and do it manually. I was told you have to raise the front of the coach before pressing the "Auto Level".

Haven't tried it, but this was the response I received.
__________________

Andy & Judi, Canine Companions Duke & Kona
2012 F350 Lariat CC SRW Airlift 5000 |2013 RW 36FL Winegard Trav'ler
Travel Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
Oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 12:13 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Adamsvr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick and Mindy View Post
Ok, look, I love the hydraulic leveling system but for some reason, the last few times I try to re-hitch the system will not go back to the unhitched position. I press Left/Right buttons as instructed and the screen states "ERROR, feature disabled". Of course I can manually re-hitch but I've gotten spoiled by that feature, how do I get it back?
Call LCI and see if they can resolve the problem; however, as Oriana said, the front of the coach needs to be higher than the rear to enable the auto retract and return to where you hooked up.
__________________
2012 Redwood RL with Slide-in-the Slide; 2011 F450; Onan 5.5 Gen; G614 Wheels
Adamsvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 12:22 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Rick and Mindy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,397
If I use the auto level feature, how would the front of the coach be higher than the rear Do you mean the front legs must be extended more than the rear? If that's the case than it is .
__________________
Rick and Mindy
Retired
2013 Redwood 31SL, 2011 Ford F350 SRW, 6.7, Crew Cab with Firestone Bags, Titan Disc Brakes
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 01:05 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Adamsvr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick and Mindy View Post
If I use the auto level feature, how would the front of the coach be higher than the rear Do you mean the front legs must be extended more than the rear? If that's the case than it is .
Yes, raise the front jacks a little more than the rear jacks and hit the right/ left buttons to return the coach to the hook up height.
__________________
2012 Redwood RL with Slide-in-the Slide; 2011 F450; Onan 5.5 Gen; G614 Wheels
Adamsvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 01:28 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Rick and Mindy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamsvr View Post
Yes, raise the front jacks a little more than the rear jacks and hit the right/ left buttons to return the coach to the hook up height.
I never had to do that before, is this something new, or have you always had to do that?
__________________
Rick and Mindy
Retired
2013 Redwood 31SL, 2011 Ford F350 SRW, 6.7, Crew Cab with Firestone Bags, Titan Disc Brakes
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 02:11 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Adamsvr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick and Mindy View Post
I never had to do that before, is this something new, or have you always had to do that?
Depends on where you park and how you are level. Most times we just have to push the right/left arrows to hook up.
__________________
2012 Redwood RL with Slide-in-the Slide; 2011 F450; Onan 5.5 Gen; G614 Wheels
Adamsvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 02:29 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Rick and Mindy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamsvr View Post
Depends on where you park and how you are level. Most times we just have to push the right/left arrows to hook up.
So, let's say you push the left/right buttons and the display shows "ERROR" "feature disabled" would you then hit enter to acknowledge, then press the front button to raise it some and then try the left/right again?
__________________
Rick and Mindy
Retired
2013 Redwood 31SL, 2011 Ford F350 SRW, 6.7, Crew Cab with Firestone Bags, Titan Disc Brakes
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 02:50 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Adamsvr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick and Mindy View Post
So, let's say you push the left/right buttons and the display shows "ERROR" "feature disabled" would you then hit enter to acknowledge, then press the front button to raise it some and then try the left/right again?
I'd enter the manual mode and give it a try. Don't think anything is wrong with your LCI leveling system.
__________________
2012 Redwood RL with Slide-in-the Slide; 2011 F450; Onan 5.5 Gen; G614 Wheels
Adamsvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 03:03 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 648
Anyone have a manual. There is a way to reset this.
__________________

Ron & Margaret
2014 Ram 3500 DRW 6.7, Aisin, 4.10
"Pequod" 2015 Redwood 38GK
Titan Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 11:47 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Adamsvr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan Guy View Post
Anyone have a manual. There is a way to reset this.
I don't have the level-up manual; however, if you are referring to the zero point calibration then the following should work:

Manually adjust your coach to the level position.
Turn off the keypad
With the keypad off, hit the up arrow ten times and then the down arrow ten times
It should then turn on and come on and say zero point calibration sucessful
Depress the enter key to reset the level position of your coach
__________________
2012 Redwood RL with Slide-in-the Slide; 2011 F450; Onan 5.5 Gen; G614 Wheels
Adamsvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 01:13 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
homeguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 522
I have always just hit the arrows to re-hitch. I have received that message before a couple of times. But, only when I have worked on the coach and had to disconnect shore power and battery power.
__________________
Fulltimers? Loving our 2012 36RL towed by 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Longhorn Crew cab with auto level system.
homeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 03:16 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
mhs4771's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,366
If you have done much of anything after the auto-level cycle it will screw up the return function. Generally you can adjust the landing gear slightly, but if you try to tweak the sides or rear it will delete the auto-return function. At least that's what I've experienced.
__________________
Michelle & Ann
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 04:43 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
johnboytoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,054
for your viewing pleasure
https://www.google.com/search?q=leve...x-a&channel=sb
__________________
Ours: '11 Monaco Diplomat 43DFT followed closely by '14 Jeep 4 dr Wrangler.
Hers: '13 Explorer Sport - AWD 365hp twin turbo scooter!
Previous: '13 Ford F350 CC Platinum and '13 38GK
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 02:09 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
Rick and Mindy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,397
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboytoo View Post
Thanks John, those were great . One of them states that if the error occurs that I stated you should disconnect and reconnect the power to the level up controller. Do you know where the controller is located? What if I disconnect the battery and reconnect , wouldn't that do the same thing? Any more thoughts?
__________________
Rick and Mindy
Retired
2013 Redwood 31SL, 2011 Ford F350 SRW, 6.7, Crew Cab with Firestone Bags, Titan Disc Brakes
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 02:55 AM   #16
Site Team
 
hoosierguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick and Mindy View Post
Thanks John, those were great . One of them states that if the error occurs that I stated you should disconnect and reconnect the power to the level up controller. Do you know where the controller is located? What if I disconnect the battery and reconnect , wouldn't that do the same thing? Any more thoughts?
The Level-Up controller is what you are accessing with the display. Look in side the storage area (upper left at end of shelf) to the back side of the controller. There is a small 6 or 8 pin connector accessible on the back side. The connector has a couple of compressible interlocking ears that you can squeeze and pull out the connector. Power for the controller is supplied through the connector/cable assembly. Be careful as the lead wires are very small. Leave the connector disconnected for several seconds and then reconnect. That should reset the controller.
__________________
Guy & Phyllis
2012 RW36RL,DualA/C,KodiakDiskBrakes,TrailAir Tri-Glide,GY_G614's,Mor/RydeSRE4000,HDShackles/WetBolts
2011Dodge3500Laramie,CrewCab,4x4,SRW,Michelins, LongBed,6.7LCTD,3.73,PullRiteSuper5th20.5KHitch, BlueOxBedsaver

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 03:08 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
Rick and Mindy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,397
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
The Level-Up controller is what you are accessing with the display. Look in side the storage area (upper left at end of shelf) to the back side of the controller. There is a small 6 or 8 pin connector accessible on the back side. The connector has a couple of compressible interlocking ears that you can squeeze and pull out the connector. Power for the controller is supplied through the connector/cable assembly. Be careful as the lead wires are very small. Leave the connector disconnected for several seconds and then reconnect. That should reset the controller.
Thank you, I will try this. What I am wondering is....if I have the battery turned off when in storage wouldn't that turn power off to everything anyway? I assume I have to disconnect and reconnect when the battery is turned on ? It's worth a try.
__________________
Rick and Mindy
Retired
2013 Redwood 31SL, 2011 Ford F350 SRW, 6.7, Crew Cab with Firestone Bags, Titan Disc Brakes
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 04:36 AM   #18
Site Team
 
Dave&Ginny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 5,379
It's my understanding, the battery disconnect does not effect the slides or leveling system. It's primarily used to make sure lights aren't left on
__________________
SOB "The RV Wiseguy"
Dave&Ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 04:44 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
johnboytoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,054
During pdi, the tech just used a small flat blade screwdriver and slid it into the edge and popped the faceplate right out...
seems the plug on the back was not locked in and
it was so easy I almost missed it...

he was going to show me something, he tried the control, no response, reached into his short pocket for the screwdriver, popped the faceplate off, and back on in like 5 seconds
__________________
Ours: '11 Monaco Diplomat 43DFT followed closely by '14 Jeep 4 dr Wrangler.
Hers: '13 Explorer Sport - AWD 365hp twin turbo scooter!
Previous: '13 Ford F350 CC Platinum and '13 38GK
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 04:50 AM   #20
Senior Member
 
RifRaff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 286
Pardon, the front of the coach has to be at least 2 inches above the horizontal meaning the rear has to be 2 inches lower than the front, otherwise results are unpredictable. When I did not do this, I didn't know, the passenger front grounded, while the driver front when to out of stroke, both rear fully retracted. Front driver jack had a 3 inch out of alignment from vertical.
Yodal.
__________________
2010 DURAMAX 4x4 Crew Cab Redwood, 36FL with the BEST PERSON in the WORLD; my REDHEADED LADY!
RifRaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Redwood RV or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×