Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2013, 10:04 AM   #1

Has anyone seen this?

http://redwoodrvfamily.com/

Shows Redwood as being the owner of Carriage, not Thor and not Crossroads.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:52 AM   #2

According to this, Thor is the parent CO.
http://www.trailerlife.com/reviews/t...ravel-trailer/
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:54 AM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeguy
Has anyone seen this?

http://redwoodrvfamily.com/

Shows Redwood as being the owner of Carriage, not Thor and not Crossroads.
I'll be interested in see them. I think the smartest thing for Thor to do is give the current Redwood owners discounts to get the new Carriage on the road
Old 05-22-2013, 11:00 AM   #4

Just received a message that they are going shut down the forum. Sorry to see it go because we have saved RW a lot of time on the phone talking people thru problems. I feel the forum was part of customer service but I guess money speaks louder than customer service. Hope all ya'll have safe trips and enjoy life.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:07 AM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by fathog99
Just received a message that they are going shut down the forum. Sorry to see it go because we have saved RW a lot of time on the phone talking people thru problems. I feel the forum was part of customer service but I guess money speaks louder than customer service. Hope all ya'll have safe trips and enjoy life.
Where did you get that from?
Old 05-22-2013, 11:11 AM   #6

It was a topic posting about 10 minutes ago bythe administrator. Grandpa made a posting. Then the topic and threads disappeared.
Mike & Pam '12 36RL, Kodiak Discs, 17.5" G114s H-Rated, SRE4000 w/HD Shackles, Joy Rider Shocks, Flex Air, 5.5 Onan, W&D, DW, 4 Scare Lights, (2) 6V Trojan T-145s; Progressive EMS-HW50C, Winegard DTV Sat, Sony/Denon 4K Home Theater, WiFiRanger EliteAC Pack, weBoost 4G-X Cell Booster.

2022 RAM 3500 Limited CC, LB, 4x4, DRW, Max Tow, Cummins HO, AISIN, 4.10, Mopar 30K w/OEM Prep, Transfer Flow 70gal Aux Tank/Toolbox.
5th_Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:12 AM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th_Time

It was a topic posting about 10 minutes ago bythe administrator. Grandpa made a posting. Then the topic and threads disappeared.
That's interesting
Old 05-22-2013, 11:15 AM   #8

I saw the topic about an hour ago and posted a reply expressing my disappointment. Then the topic disappeared. All I said was "Ouch". I don't want to lose this forum. It's better than the owners manual.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:20 AM   #9

I will assume if they are going to close the Redwood forum they will do the same with the Crossroads forum. Why would they keep one open and close the other? I guess we all wait to see what happens.

Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:05 PM   #10

Let the speculation begin.

I won't be surprised to see it go. RW isn't going to fund a source often times directing criticism at its own product. Quite frankly, I'm surprised to have seen this forum running for as long as it has. I'm interested in seeing which way this goes.
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:15 PM   #11

spindrift, I guessI look at it differently in the fact that these forums should be here for the good and the bad. You are going to have negative comments on any manufactures forum no matter what the product is. People come to forums like this one and the Crossroads forums to vent a little and to try and get their issues resolved with help from other owners. If all they want is nothing but positive post about their product then yes they should shut it down because that will never happen. JMHO

Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:52 PM   #12

We hope the forum continues, as being new to RW and also RV'ing this forum has been invaluable to us over the past 6 months. Information on this forum has saved numerous calls and emails to the dealer/RW and also provided us with the information required to complete an effective pre-delivery inspection.

The negative comments didn't impact our decision to purchase a RW, as the greatest majority are positive. We also choose to no longer read their postings.

Andy & Judi, Canine Companions Duke & Kona
2012 F350 Lariat CC SRW Airlift 5000 |2013 RW 36FL Winegard Trav'ler
Travel Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
Oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 01:19 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriana
We hope the forum continues, as being new to RW and also RV'ing this forum has been invaluable to us over the past 6 months. Information on this forum has saved numerous calls and emails to the dealer/RW and also provided us with the information required to complete an effective pre-delivery inspection.

The negative comments didn't impact our decision to purchase a RW, as the greatest majority are positive. We also choose to no longer read their postings.

X2!!
2013 36 RL
subdoc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 02:45 PM   #14

Until I see something different I'm going to take this as a chicken little the sky is falling. There is another Redwood forum on the Thor site. I don't know if there is some thought about combining them, or if this is something that was misinterpreted or what, but I will wait and see. If something else materializes then I will be concerned.
Old 05-22-2013, 05:30 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter11
spindrift, I guessI look at it differently in the fact that these forums should be here for the good and the bad. You are going to have negative comments on any manufactures forum no matter what the product is. People come to forums like this one and the Crossroads forums to vent a little and to try and get their issues resolved with help from other owners. If all they want is nothing but positive post about their product then yes they should shut it down because that will never happen. JMHO

I think we're thinking the same way here. Thinking optimistically would have me believe the forum should remain open. Unfortunately, many years of corporate experience (fortunately I don't have to say that any more) has me thinking pragmatically. I have time to wait and see.
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:51 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcflame
Until I see something different I'm going to take this as a chicken little the sky is falling. There is another Redwood forum on the Thor site. I don't know if there is some thought about combining them, or if this is something that was misinterpreted or what, but I will wait and see. If something else materializes then I will be concerned.
<div id="LCS_C4CFC0DE_134F_4466_B2A2_FF7C59A8BFAD_commu nicati&#111;nDiv"><div name="popUpDiv" id="popUpDiv" ismouseover="false" ="popUpDivOff" =":.Name='popUpDivOff';" =":.Name='popUpDiv&#079;n';" style="display: n&#111;ne;">
<div name="searchDiv" id="searchDiv" style="display:n&#111;ne">
[img]chrome-extensi&#111;n://amfclgbdpgndipgoegfpkkgobahigbcl/images/searchBox.png[/img]

<div name="popupMenu" id="popupMenu" style="display:n&#111;ne" ="popupMenu">
<div id="div1">
[img]chrome-extensi&#111;n://amfclgbdpgndipgoegfpkkgobahigbcl/images/fb.png[/img]

<div id="div2">
[img]chrome-extensi&#111;n://amfclgbdpgndipgoegfpkkgobahigbcl/images/twitter.png[/img]

<div id="div3">
[img]chrome-extensi&#111;n://amfclgbdpgndipgoegfpkkgobahigbcl/images/gmail.png[/img]

<div id="div4">
[img]chrome-extensi&#111;n://amfclgbdpgndipgoegfpkkgobahigbcl/images/PBQuickShare.png[/img]

<div name="popupMenuVideo" id="popupMenuVideo" style="display:n&#111;ne" ="popupMenuVideo">
<div id="div1">
[img]chrome-extensi&#111;n://amfclgbdpgndipgoegfpkkgobahigbcl/images/fb.png[/img]

<div id="div2">
[img]chrome-extensi&#111;n://amfclgbdpgndipgoegfpkkgobahigbcl/images/twitter.png[/img]

<div id="div3">
[img]chrome-extensi&#111;n://amfclgbdpgndipgoegfpkkgobahigbcl/images/gmail.png[/img]

<div id="div4">
[img]chrome-extensi&#111;n://amfclgbdpgndipgoegfpkkgobahigbcl/images/PBQuickShare.png[/img]

The Thor forum is exactly what it states. It is all RV companies that are owned by Thor. Whomever, was the publisher decided to use a black, red, tan, and white painted Redwood on the site's home page. It is not considered another "Redwood" forum.

The Thor site gives everyone a chance to speak about Thor brands. It also, gives RVers a chance to speak of similarities in chassis (frames) and slides. Also, differences in details amongst the manufacturers.

Heartland makes Landmark, Bighorn and other 5th wheels. They're listed on the Thor forum and Heartland has their own site. Dutchmen (Infinity), Keystone (Bigsky/Montana) just to name several others that also have their own forum sites.

It's all good.

Dave from Maine</span>
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:56 PM   #17
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcflame
<div id="LCS_C4CFC0DE_134F_4466_B2A2_FF7C59A8BFAD_commu nicati&#111;nDiv"><div name="popUpDiv" id="popUpDiv" ismouseover="false" ="popupdivoff"=":.Name='popUpDivOff';" =":.name="popUpDiv&#079;n" ;"="" style="display: n&#111;ne;">
<div name="searchDiv" id="searchDiv" style="display:n&#111;ne">
[img]chrome-extensi&#111;n://amfclgbdpgndipgoegfpkkgobahigbcl/images/searchBox.png[/img]

<div name="popupMenu" id="popupMenu" style="display:n&#111;ne" ="popupmenu"="">
<div id="div1">

<div id="div2">

<div id="div3">

<div id="div4">

<div name="popupMenuVideo" id="popupMenuVideo" style="display:n&#111;ne" ="popupmenuvideo"="">
<div id="div1">

<div id="div2">

<div id="div3">

<div id="div4">

The Thor forum is exactly what it states. It is all RV companies that are owned by Thor. Whomever, was the publisher decided to use a black, red, tan, and white painted Redwood on the site's home page. It is not considered another "Redwood" forum.

The Thor site gives everyone a chance to speak about Thor brands. It also, gives RVers a chance to speak of similarities in chassis (frames) and slides. Also, differences in details amongst the manufacturers.

Heartland makes Landmark, Bighorn and other 5th wheels. They're listed on the Thor forum and Heartland has their own site. Dutchmen (Infinity), Keystone (Bigsky/Montana) just to name several others that also have their own forum sites.

It's all good.

Dave from Maine</span>
For the record...that's actually a picture of my rig on that site. I took it in Goodfield IL I'm flattered they liked it.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:06 PM   #18

Quote:

Keep your head in the sand. That makes it all better.

Lillyputz.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:25 PM   #19
Site Team

I need to correct myself......my picture isn't the one that is across the top of the page. My picture is the faded out picture behind the font, after you go to the Redwood page.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:26 PM   #20
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillyputz
Quote:

Keep your head in the sand. That makes it all better.

Lillyputz.
Now try being polite