Old 08-01-2018, 05:12 PM   #21
Site Team

Hey Steve - not to hijack thread, but a quick question - We will be at Pirateland for the winter from Dec 31 - till Mar 31. Are you and Char coming down ?
Old 08-02-2018, 12:05 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by piper guy View Post
Hey Steve - not to hijack thread, but a quick question - We will be at Pirateland for the winter from Dec 31 - till Mar 31. Are you and Char coming down ?
We will be there later September into October but may be back as it was our most expensive two week vacation at our RV lot in Cherry Grove. Wile there we signed a contract to have 2800 sq.ft. house built in Longs just 6 miles from our lot so I will be going back a few times to check on progress through the build. Should close in February.

Steve

2014 Redwood 36FL and 2015 GMC Denali 3500 DW Duramax
Char & Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 02:04 AM   #23

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
Steve do have room to park the trailer at the new homestaed
Old 08-02-2018, 02:32 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Wood View Post
Steve do have room to park the trailer at the new homestaed
Sent ya a private message so we don't take over the original thread.

Steve

2014 Redwood 36FL and 2015 GMC Denali 3500 DW Duramax
Char & Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 10:26 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomNGina06 View Post
I had the same problem so I pulled every vent down and cut off the excess vent tube that stuck up into the supply duct. The result was 5-10 degrees cooler and probably the reason the original owner traded it in. Which also explained why it still smelled new inside.
Improved A/C efficiency! I pulled all my ducts apart, Front to Back and Removed the Black Tube under the Louvers. Took Aluminum Duct Tape and closed the opening between the Ceiling and Duct Work in the ceiling. The Aluminum Duct Tape is very pliable and very sticky so it adheres to anything.

Replaced the Vent Covers and after testing the efficiency increase was quite amazing. It is 92 degrees outside and the A/C's are keeping the RV at 68 degrees.

Before this MODIFICATION, I was lucky to get the RV down to 74. So, this was a HUUUGE improvement!
camper94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 02:28 AM   #26

Do the vents just pull down or do they turn and come down?
Colorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 03:25 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado View Post
Do the vents just pull down or do they turn and come down?
They Pull Down, you may have to wiggle them a little. But, they come out pretty easy. Then the Black Collar Tube is attached to the Louvered Attachment that is screwed into the ceiling.

By the way, the White Ring around the vents are decorative and need to be removed first, they snap on and off. then you will expose the Screws that hold the louvered vent into the ceiling.

DON'T JUST PULL DOWN ON THE VENT OR YOU WILL RIP THE 4 SCREWS HOLDING THE LOUVERED VENTS.

These Tubes are designed to keep Cold Air from getting in between the Ceiling and Duct Work. In my opinion, the tubes are not sealed in, so Air leaks out anyway in the ceiling cavity. And these Tubes are taller than the duct work, so air is further restricted by these tubes.

I also took some A/C Styrofoam and placed it in one duct in the bedroom to improve Air Flow in the Bedroom. Now all 4 of my vents in the Bedroom work very well.

And finally with the Living Room Kitchen Area. The last Duct in the system toward the rear of the RV needs to be checked and make sure that the rear most vents are closed off, and not venting Cold Air Into the Ceiling once again.

I had it at the Factory and they closed off those ducts, since they weren't closed in the construction process.

It was 92 here today and I was able to get the RV cooled down to 67 and held it there. Before this, it was difficult to get the A/C down to around 74.

So, I think I discovered a big problem in these Redwoods.

Hope this helps.

Jeff
Old 08-03-2018, 10:44 PM   #28

Wow, this was to be expected from redwood!

This is the response I received from REDWOOD today!

Thank you for contacting Keystone RV regarding your Redwood. I regret to inform you that diagrams/schematics are not available due to the rapid changes with our units. It sounds as though there may be a an obstruction preventing airflow in the ducting of the unit. For proper diagnosis we recommend you contact your local Keystone/Dutchmen Authorized dealer for an assessment. If we can be of further assistance, please contact us at ownerrelations@keystonerv.com

To be expected from a Company like REDWOOD!

All I can say is just WOW!

Good thing I have enough Know How to fix these problems. The Dealer I purchase the unit from doesn't know which end of the screwdriver to use!

UNBELIEVABLE

Glad this will be my Last REDWOOD!
Old 08-04-2018, 05:01 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff&Brenda View Post

Thank you for contacting Keystone RV regarding your Redwood. I regret to inform you that diagrams/schematics are not available due to the rapid changes with our units. It sounds as though there may be a an obstruction preventing airflow in the ducting of the unit. For proper diagnosis we recommend you contact your local Keystone/Dutchmen Authorized dealer for an assessment. If we can be of further assistance, please contact us at ownerrelations@keystonerv.com

Good thing I have enough Know How to fix these problems. The Dealer I purchase the unit from doesn't know which end of the screwdriver to use!

UNBELIEVABLE

Not to seem uncaring or in any way think this is the way the manufacturer should of handled the issue, but to say "it's your last RW" should be worded "it's my last rv" as I'm certain there are others out there that are much worse than your RW. Just for fun read the DRV forum some time, they paid a LOT more for theirs than we did.
Unfortunately the rv industry is what it is, the assembly line folks get paid to turn them out as fast as possible regardless of condition, the dealers are selling them as fast as they arrive with sales people that don't know which end to hook to your truck & with so many hitting the roads there's not nearly enough qualified technicians, most "don't know which end of a screwdriver to use" & they don't pay them enough to get knowledgeable ones or to stay when they get one.
Fortunately you are a handyman, just imagine the aggravation for someone owning one "that doesn't know which end of a screwdriver to use"! You're still using yours complaining about the heat, theirs is in a lot somewhere with NO idea when they might be able to use it (or see it) again! At some point you'll be just like the rest of us & have it all fixed up to YOUR liking & this will just be a bad memory or as my friend calls them "memorable misadventures".
Sorry for your problems, but it will get better!
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 07:16 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff&Brenda View Post

UNBELIEVABLE

Something I was always frustrated about with Redwood. Not all RV companies are that secretive about drawings.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture 101.JPG (33.0 KB, 16 views)
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote