Old 07-29-2018, 03:02 PM   #11

Jeff,

Here is the black collar that I cut down... Donít judge my cutting abilities

Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 03:05 PM   #12

And without a collar, the col air could be running up the void between the ceiling and the vents pictured below..
My collars were about 1 ď or so too long...

Old 07-29-2018, 03:13 PM   #13

After watching a Video from REDWOOD. They state that the A/C systems in the REDWOODS are CLOSED Circuit Ducting with 2 Climate Zones and Thermostats.

Meaning the Living Room A/C Duct system should be closed off from the Bedroom and Vice Versa!

However in my UNIT Turning on the Living Room A/C only, you can feel Cool Air pumping into the Bedroom, thereby DEBUNKING the claim of a Closed Circuit System. The same is true if you turn on the Bedroom A/C only. You feel cool air in the Living Room area. Again, the Bedroom A/C is Not closed off from the Living Room.

I need some ideas if there is a FIX for this or Not. Obviously, I can't rip the roof off the RV to fix it.

I've Emailed REDWOOD, but don't expect to hear anything from them.

All Replies appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff
camper94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 04:29 PM   #14

Maybe the new ones are, but yours isnít. Both ACs dump to common duct system.
5th_Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 04:36 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th_Time View Post
Maybe the new ones are, but yours isnít. Both ACs dump to common duct system.
Pretty much figured that out. Now, I wonder if I am able to block off the VENTS before the Steps and separate the Ducting system?

Would this FIX the pressure problem between the 2 rooms?
camper94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 05:19 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff&Brenda View Post
After watching a Video from REDWOOD. They state that the A/C systems in the REDWOODS are CLOSED Circuit Ducting with 2 Climate Zones and Thermostats.

Meaning the Living Room A/C Duct system should be closed off from the Bedroom and Vice Versa!

However in my UNIT Turning on the Living Room A/C only, you can feel Cool Air pumping into the Bedroom, thereby DEBUNKING the claim of a Closed Circuit System. The same is true if you turn on the Bedroom A/C only. You feel cool air in the Living Room area. Again, the Bedroom A/C is Not closed off from the Living Room.

I need some ideas if there is a FIX for this or Not. Obviously, I can't rip the roof off the RV to fix it.

All Replies appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff
Mine also does both..
Old 07-30-2018, 01:30 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff&Brenda View Post

All Replies appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff
I agree with you Jeff. I believe both units dump into the same plenum and disperse throughout the coach.

2014 38GK, disc brakes, MorRyde SRE 4000, 2-Yamaha 2000 gennys, G14's, dual awnings, Progressive EMS.
2014 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW with Luverne Bull Bar and skid plate.
coloradolivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 01:40 AM   #18

I know for a fact my 2015 ac/heat pump duct on the rear unit pushes hot/cold air all the way to the other end of the coach. the duct system is common to both units . I am going to look at the bedroom duct registars I have always complained about it not being cool up there with out the middle unit running. thanks for the photos!!
Old 07-30-2018, 02:21 AM   #19

Mine has all the mods, but won’t cool off the bedroom like it used to.

Based on temp checks in the ducts between the supply and discharge, I’ve determined that my front AC unit has failed. It does everything right except output cool air. Even the compressor starts. When run alone, the rear unit has 20 degree difference between ducts. The front unit, almost no difference.

They’re not as expensive as I expected and will replace it myself.
5th_Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 03:02 AM   #20

I have also done all the mods and repairs to the AC system. First, I have to say my duct work is not closed and AC's run through all the ducts. We just spent 15 days in North Myrtle Beach and high humidity and temps in the 90's. I was very, very surprised that I could keep the RW at 72 with only one running. I have also added foil tape over the holes in the bathroom to eliminate those vents since not needed. This helped a lot with the rear bedroom.
We like it cooler when sleeping so I would switch my front one off and turn rear on since we have the FL. In the morning the kitchen was at 65 and a bit to chilly for me but the AC's did there job ( for now)

This is the first time I ever tried only one at a time and it worked. The front cap insulation made a huge difference.

Steve

2014 Redwood 36FL and 2015 GMC Denali 3500 DW Duramax
Char & Steve is offline   Reply With Quote