Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-06-2016, 03:47 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 128
Adding a Rear Stabilizer

Was trying to find a way to better stabilize the RV. Looking at the 6 point leveling system, if this were added just in front of the tow hitch, it would even out contacts to the ground from front to the back, and if a king pin stabilizer was added - that would make another point of contact - all evenly spaced...
Has anyone added one of these?
Pro/Cons...
Can it really be done?
I like the longer frame mount on UltraFab vs LCI, but don't like the 2 piece cross member - might allow a little flexing...
Either way - electric and manual..
Thanks!!

https://www.etrailer.com/Camper-Jack...39-941704.html
830hvacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 04:26 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
rob_fla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by 830hvacman View Post
Was trying to find a way to better stabilize the RV. Looking at the 6 point leveling system, if this were added just in front of the tow hitch, it would even out contacts to the ground from front to the back, and if a king pin stabilizer was added - that would make another point of contact - all evenly spaced...
Has anyone added one of these?
Pro/Cons...
Can it really be done?
I like the longer frame mount on UltraFab vs LCI, but don't like the 2 piece cross member - might allow a little flexing...
Either way - electric and manual..
Thanks!!

https://www.etrailer.com/Camper-Jack...39-941704.html
I use the Steady Fast Stabilizer System. works great even with the Washer and Dryer running
__________________
Robert & Sheryl
2014 Redwood 38FL
MoRyde 8K IS, Disc Brakes, MoRyde Pin Box
17.5 Goodyear G114's, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Curt Q24 Hitch

rob_fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 01:25 PM   #3
Site Team
 
Blenhardt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 654
I also added the part of the Steadyfast system. Only the Right to left part. It helps some but doesn't solve the problem as well as I hoped. I made wooden pads for the rear jacks that by cutting a 2 x 10 into square pieces and the screwed two pieces together. That makes pads that are 3 inches thick. I use two for each pad. (6 inches). The idea is to minimize the amount that the jacks (especially the rear ones) are extended. Seems to help a bunch. Don't use a front stabilizer. The front jacks are larger on my coach and don't seem to need help.
__________________
2013 Redwood 34SK, 2017 F350 Dually
Grain Valley, Mo
Blenhardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 05:06 PM   #4
Site Team
 
piper guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,817
I added the BAL 30" Stabilizer system. Can't get link to copy but do a search on Amazon and it'll come up. About $200 with Jack pads and works really well. It is available manual or electric but reviews on electric were not great.

Mounts right in front of the trailer hitch like it was made for it and works really well. Virtually stopped the movement in back. I put them down when we're going to be there more than a night or two.
__________________
Vaughan & Tracy 2013 RW 36RL, 2013 F350 DRW CC, 2016 Focus. MorRyde IS, MorRyde pinbox, disc brakes, Comfort Ride Hitch. "Life is to be embraced, Grab it with both arms ! "
piper guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 12:25 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Kaidocl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 206
I been thinking of a better system for A while.. I'm still at the drawing board will start fabricating and welding soon in a few weeks.
at the moment trying to solve why I'm not getting any hot air coming out of bedroom floor vent! covered the other 2 to see if it was a flow issue and I'm still not getting anything.
__________________
Lorenz & Bailey + little Karter and our German shepherd Capone in our 2013 36FL
Pulled by 2016 F350 DRW Curt 24K 🙄 stackable W/D vented- wet bolt kit- 17.5 soon
Kaidocl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 12:36 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 309
FYI

LCI has an electric unit at around the same price as the manual you posted.

RV Stabilization Parts and Accessories
__________________
Meet Teddy Bear
Make Every Day Count
2016 Denali 3500 Diesel SRW
2015 38 GK
Cheryl & Wayne
ted 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 02:14 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Shane Wood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,944
Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaidocl View Post
I been thinking of a better system for A while.. I'm still at the drawing board will start fabricating and welding soon in a few weeks.
at the moment trying to solve why I'm not getting any hot air coming out of bedroom floor vent! covered the other 2 to see if it was a flow issue and I'm still not getting anything.
Of you take down the basement wall you will find as I and a lot of others have is the duct to the register has fallen off and is laying on the floor. It is held up by tape from the factory. I put it back on with aluminum 5"tape and ty wraps to hold it in place. As far as stabilizers I also installed the steady fast system and it works graet.
__________________
2015 36RL pushing a 2015 Denali
Shane Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 02:18 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Shane Wood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,944
Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blenhardt View Post
I also added the part of the Steadyfast system. Only the Right to left part. It helps some but doesn't solve the problem as well as I hoped. I made wooden pads for the rear jacks that by cutting a 2 x 10 into square pieces and the screwed two pieces together. That makes pads that are 3 inches thick. I use two for each pad. (6 inches). The idea is to minimize the amount that the jacks (especially the rear ones) are extended. Seems to help a bunch. Don't use a front stabilizer. The front jacks are larger on my coach and don't seem to need help.
Install the one from font to back on the front stabilizer and you will notice a difference. They are designed to have one sideways and one front to back on the front and one sideways across the back to work correctly
__________________
2015 36RL pushing a 2015 Denali
Shane Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 03:55 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
rob_fla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,645
I agree, I installed all three of the Steadyfast supports and my Redwood is very solid, even when the washer / dryer is running.
__________________
Robert & Sheryl
2014 Redwood 38FL
MoRyde 8K IS, Disc Brakes, MoRyde Pin Box
17.5 Goodyear G114's, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Curt Q24 Hitch

rob_fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Redwood RV or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×