Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-07-2015, 05:53 AM   #21

Better check your line into toilet, mine is 1/2" reinforced hose not ped, so that shark bite won't work. If you're is the same you'll need a 1/2" valve with hose barbs & band clamps.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 07:28 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin' texans View Post
Better check your line into toilet, mine is 1/2" reinforced hose not ped, so that shark bite won't work. If you're is the same you'll need a 1/2" valve with hose barbs & band clamps.
That is what ours is, 1/2 hose.
I used a Ball Valve with 1/2 hose barbs and screw clamps from Ace Hardware.
17.5 Goodyear G114's, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Curt Q24 Hitch

rob_fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 01:27 PM   #23

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
If you look close at the picture it is exactly what to use on pex or water hose. Barbed and hose clamps
Old 05-07-2015, 05:46 PM   #24

Thank you all, that's next on my to do list, we just love our 36fl. We are getting to the point we don't want to be in our house very much and get out every chance we can, even if its up the road an hour to the lake.
riciren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 06:54 PM   #25

I did look closely at your photo! I agree that is exactly what to use on pex (says so on the tag), but it won't work on the 1/2" reinforced hose unless the hose was 3/4 to 1" ID, which it isn't.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 12:27 AM   #26

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin' texans View Post
I did look closely at your photo! I agree that is exactly what to use on pex (says so on the tag), but it won't work on the 1/2" reinforced hose unless the hose was 3/4 to 1" ID, which it isn't.
not one to argue but this is exactly what I used on mine with the same garden hose you have and it still hasn't leaked in 4 mths
Old 05-08-2015, 01:26 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Wood View Post
not one to argue but this is exactly what I used on mine with the same garden hose you have and it still hasn't leaked in 4 mths
Here is what I installed
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150507_190042.jpg (117.4 KB, 2 views)
Old 05-11-2015, 04:42 PM   #28

Shane what size crimp clamps did you use? I have crimping tool and some crimp clamps.
riciren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 05:04 PM   #29

1/2" tight fit but worked well
Old 05-22-2015, 02:14 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by marandjwr View Post
we too have a front living and now that you have had water under the cabinet under the sink, I would suggest that you inspect the floor of the slide... outside... it could have been damaged by the water collecting in the corner. We had a drip for 2 weeks before noticing and that water found its way to the rear corner of the slide which has caused the wood to "warp"... at some point, we are looking at a kitchen slide floor replacement... goody!
We bought our 2012 36FL in December 2014. The previous owner had a service tech address a leak under the kitchen sink twice during the time they owned it. We did not notice a problem when we bought it, but soon noticed that there was a small drip from the water supply line to the sink. I tightened it a couple times and thought I had fixed all problems. Not so! A few days later I found water dripping out of the back corner of the bottom of the slide. I pulled the bottom floor out under the sink cabinet and found the water supply lines pieced together with multiple splices with as many as three hose clamps on one splice and still leaking. I tightened all clamps and put floor back together.
I took our unit into service for work on the living room slide, and while there I had them look at the kitchen slide. The plywood floor had started to rot/delaminate to the point they suggested the floor should be replaced soon because it was swelled and they said it could bind up and/or start to fall apart. We elected to have it done. The cost of new floor was just under $300, and the labor to dismantle the cabinets, remove the slide, replace the floor, and put everything back together was 30 hours. They also replaced the multiple spliced hoses with new. We were parked at the service center for eight days and of course had to vacate our unit. Fortunately they provided a small trailer for us to stay in.
d&s2015 is offline   Reply With Quote