Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-28-2013, 06:50 PM   #41

Brad going straight to factory and "getting their attention" that way has been heavy on my mind. I've tried very hard to go through all the proper channels. I'm trying very hard to be calm and give Redwood the chance to do the right thing. I'm not sure how much longer i can take being pushed to the side . Angry Texan indeed.
Ashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:51 AM   #42

Ashley, We have had several issues (not nearly as you) and have gone through several dealers/repair shops. Most of the big issues have been resolved. However, we are taking our coach back to the factory in May and hopefully will have everything fixed. We have been in our coach 1 year as of March 3rd. At one point, Brian was going to have our unit taken back to the factory due to a bedroom underslide water leak that we could not get stopped. It turned out the screws that hold the slide guides had not been sealed and was allowing water to come in. I have not had good luck with Explorer USA in Ft Worth, Sunbelt RV in Belton and Explorer USA in San Antonio. Richard from Atlas RV Repair was the one that finally figured out the water leak. I am stubborn enough to drag my coach back to Indiana for eye to eye closure. But that being said, I have been around RVs a long time and this RW is the nicest coach yet. I sold Winnebago, Jayco, Dutchmen, Cedar Creek, Cherokee, R-Vision, Open Road and have owned Coachmen trailers, a Class C, a Class A (gas), Hitchhiker and Jayco. I will take this RW over any of them.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:24 AM   #43

happy camper, you don't happen to have a picture of what you are talking about on the slide do you?Edited by: atom ant
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:11 AM   #44

Happy Camper,

Glad to hear you have sold and had experience with many brands of RV's. We have had good luck with our 2012 RW34SK and the dealer addressed the issues we did discover. I do feel bad for those that have had problems that were not resolved. I still believe the solution is a good dealer with a committment to customer service.
Old 03-01-2013, 03:42 PM   #45

atom ant, I don't anymore but I will take some and post. It is the silver metal slide glide on the bedroom slide that is held in place b a line of screws. No seal behind them and found one twisted in two from install.

Old 03-01-2013, 03:58 PM   #46

so its the track that is exposed on the side of the slide? Does the water follow the track to the screws?

Appreciate the description.

I collect all this info and do a preventative overhaul on mine. I would like to think I averted several known problems on my current rig, because it has been a good rig to us.

Edited by: atom ant
Old 03-01-2013, 05:17 PM   #47

First of all let me just say Wow.
If you have read anything at all that I've posted you will see that I haven't been rude and I've absolutely rolled over. You can keep blaming the dealership all you want. I decided to skip the dealership altogether, after beingso unsastisfied the first couple of times,and go straight to redwood themselves. They said they would help me find a dealer that is up to "their standards", HASN'T HAPPENED YET.
As for4 out of 2000, if you really think every single person who owns a redwood is on this forum then your sense of reality is slightly warped. I don't care about how perfect your trailer has been, that's wonderful and I'm happy for you. It doesn't change the fact that mine is not up to par at all, not even close. As for the window blowing out, if you had truly done your research then you would know that mine is in fact not the only one. I know of two other cases one that happened the exact same day, nearly 300 miles away, on a dealer's lot at that. Same model and everything. So maybe you should check your facts a little more thoroughly before trying to cast stones. As far as issues being covered by the dealerships, they still have proper channels to go through. They must get Redwood's authorization for all warranty issues.
I'm not a rude person at all. I don't appreciate the accusations you throw or the insinuations you try to make. I'm happy you're so in love with your trailer and Redwood themselves. However that doesn't change the fact that I am not. I have a right to be upset and I have a right to do whatever it takes to get someone's attention and make them fix what should've been right in the first place. Guess what I paid for mine just like you. I get new vehicles every 5 years also I know how business works. I'm happy you made a 4000 mile trip without issue and I hope you had a wonderful time capturing amazing memories. I want to be able to have confidence to pull my trailer without being terrified it's going to fall apart going down the road at any minute.

So contrary to whatever it is YOU BELIEVE, IKNOW that mine is not right and I'm determined to have it fixed. I also want people to be educated and aware of the issues I'm having so they know what to look for in the future because I'm a nice person like that.
Old 03-01-2013, 05:20 PM   #48

Let me just say my last post is a direct response to Dave. I don't know why I don't see the post he had on there just ten minutes ago now.
Old 03-01-2013, 06:02 PM   #49

Well said Ashley... did you use the Redwood site to contact Tom Montegue (sp) to see if you can get any action from the top of the company?

I am so sorry you have had all these issues... my dealer has bent over backwards to fix things... we went thru 3 RCA DVD players over 3 long weekend trips... really pissed off when the CD player won't play anything and you can't watch a movie. They replaced the RCAs with an LG just in time to put it away for the winter. They also got us extra shelves for our fridge for a deeply discounted cost from RW rather than Domestic.

Its nice to be close to the factory to fix stuff... looks like from other posts, RW may have closed that door and now everyone has to go somewhere else. I will stick to my dealers... I have no plans to drive my F-350 to Kentucky factory to fix it... I trust my local dealer... so far only biggy there was they did not give me the wheel nut lock when I got the truck in May so when I went in for my service and they tried to rotate my tires, they had to air chisel the lock nuts off.

Keep pushing for what you are entitled to, best of luck maintaining your composure.

Old 03-01-2013, 06:24 PM   #50

Ashley - have you contacted Redwood directly through the website. I did a couple of weekends ago and received an immediate response from the General Manager. If you want his email address please advise. We are downtown Vancouver for the weekend, so I can send on Monday when we return home.

Andy & Judi, Canine Companions Duke & Kona
2012 F350 Lariat CC SRW Airlift 5000 |2013 RW 36FL Winegard Trav'ler
Travel Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
Oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:56 PM   #51

Why/how was Dave's post deleted?
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:08 PM   #52

Go to warranty issues to see Dave's post
Old 03-01-2013, 07:12 PM   #53

Dave&Ginny post is in a new thread under "Warranty Work".

Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:38 PM   #54

Where is the actual factory repair? Indiana or Kansas?
Old 03-01-2013, 07:40 PM   #55
Site Team

It is in Indiana. I think they have just moved it or are in the process of moving it toTopeka, Indianafrom the factory in Syracuse. Topeka is about 18 miles from Syracuse.Edited by: Blenhardt
Old 03-01-2013, 08:11 PM   #56

ah thanks. I was thinking Topeka Kansas Edited by: atom ant
Old 03-02-2013, 09:22 AM   #57

I have tried calling him to no avail. Mark Quinn is the person who contacted me a few days ago. I'm trying to just wait a little bit to give him a chance to see if he's actually going to get something done. The person I was "working" with before him is apparently not with Redwood anymore. I'm trying to work with them as much as possible but I'm sick on working on their timeline and ready for them to actually do something rather than ignore me.
Old 03-02-2013, 06:24 PM   #58
Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley

I have tried calling him to no avail. Mark Quinn is the person who contacted me a few days ago. I'm trying to just wait a little bit to give him a chance to see if he's actually going to get something done. The person I was "working" with before him is apparently not with Redwood anymore. I'm trying to work with them as much as possible but I'm sick on working on their timeline and ready for them to actually do something rather than ignore me.

Ashley
I sure hope you can get your rig fixed and on the road soon and yes you are NOT the only one who has had aterribletime and NUMEROUS problems with their rig, BUT keep pugging away at it, I sure would NOT want to be in your shoes I feel so sorry for you, I know how frustrating it can be

Again hang in there
Dan

07 Dodge 3500, Exhaust Brake, Edge Programer, Killer "B" Turbo
13 RL ALL options except Gen and W/D
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:46 AM   #59

Dan,
What kind of issues have you been having?
Old 03-03-2013, 01:56 PM   #60

Hi All,

We came back from the monthly inspection of our 38BR and we have 2 fairly big leaks in the seal on the kitchen slide and bedroom slide on our coach.

I wiped up brown water off the floor on the bedroom slide on the corner next to the stairs going up to the bedroom. The trim is warped and the stain has bled from the back side.

The kitchen slide has leaked into the carpet next to the fireplace and frozen in an area about 18x18 inches. I sure hope there is not much damage.

My unit is due for the 1 year inspection before May 22, so I will be contacting my dealer tomorrow to discuss this. They are at an RV Show this weekend. Always had excellent service so not expecting any issues but water leaks are not a good thing anywhere inside a coach.

I will keep you posted.