Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-18-2016, 10:36 PM   #21

Our RW is at B Young also they replaced the door and are repainting it. they will not have it done for a few more weeks but I am fine with that not ready to use it again until April.
Old 02-18-2016, 11:39 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxfire View Post
Yes I do, they have always taken care of me. I would buy from them again in the future should the need arise.
On a side note my camper is at Spring Gulch and I'll be there for opening weekend and the month of April.
What are your early season plans?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If it's warm, we will spend 3-4 days in VA during the 3rd week of March... Then back down to Richmond mid to late April for a week and the NASCAR race...
We have Hershey over Mother's Day weekend, it's outpr company picnic.. Than 2 weekends in a row down Delaware for the Blues migrating North....
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 03:22 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET156 View Post
  1. The delivery driver did a lot of damage to my rig on the curb side. When I took delivery no one at the dealership told me about the damage. I couldn't even get anyone to go around the rig with me to do a proper PDI. I found the damage after getting home this was in September 2015 and I am still finding damage done by the driver. How can RW and the dealer sell a rig knowing it was damaged in transport. now I am stuck with damaged goods.
  2. Front door bubbles in paint
  3. Curb side slide roof bowing down and holding water. bow is noticeable on the inside. Rubber not glued down, rubber seals not in contact with roof due to bowing.
  4. all compartment doors leak. The doors fill with rain water and drain when doors are opened up leaving stains on the white panel on the inside.
  5. Bedroom window can not use due to manufacture. need new window
  6. Bedroom slide leaks, slide seals missing. water runs down cables to the inside. outside gaskets torn.
  7. Bedroom slide roof rubber is separating and air is filling the void.
  8. Paint job over kitchen slide is banana peeling.
  9. Gray water tank not secured, electrical 110 wires were laid under the tank instead of running beside the tank.
  10. Ice maker hose not run properly.
  11. Cable tv not working, part not installed.
  12. Fresh water tank not secured. tank doesn't hold water instead if fills the underbelly.
  13. Celling fan switch not connected to fan.
  14. Toilet doesn't flush properly instead it blow back into the bowl.
  15. Bathroom double sinks do not drain properly instead both sinks fill with water.
  16. Window shades, not one shade is centered on the window.
  17. Axels, rubber grease caps missing.
  18. wood trim falling off around windows.
  19. Ladder installed on wrong side , should be installed on drivers side so fire escape window opens all the way for exiting.
  20. Front cap fills with water.
  21. fiberglass behind 5th wheel hitch falling down. no not secured to a frame to holed it up.
  22. I HOPE RW will step up and make things right selling some one damaged goods I think is against the law.
I have to ask the obvious question: Why did you drive off the dealers lot without doing your own PDI. With all the problems you describe, I would have left it there and contacted RW Customer service immediately!

I hope RW will bail you out, but technically they don't have too, since you drove off the dealers lot and that would indicate the unit was acceptable to you!

GOOD LUCK!
JT & BT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 02:40 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT & BT View Post
I have to ask the obvious question: Why did you drive off the dealers lot without doing your own PDI. With all the problems you describe, I would have left it there and contacted RW Customer service immediately!

I hope RW will bail you out, but technically they don't have too, since you drove off the dealers lot and that would indicate the unit was acceptable to you!

GOOD LUCK!
JT & BT I did do a PDI at the dealers lot I was there for two days. I did the PDI by my self the dealer did not have the time to do it with me but did fix the problems I found at the time. I did not find the stuff on the list until at rv park due to not using the rig at dealers lot and not having a ladder to see the problems that were on the upper half of the rig. Deal did not allow me on the roof to inspect . FYI. RW is responsible for drivers damage because I was not shown the damage at the time of delivery and the dealer hade the pics of damage on file and RW factory rep. was at dealer when rig arrived and saw damage and he stepped up and made things right. as for other problems RW does and is standing behind warranty issues. Byoung Rv has the rig in their shop and has assured me that everything will be fixed and done right. I have no reason not to think they can't get the job done . They seem to be a very well oiled machine @ BYoung Rv . but we will see in three weeks when I pick it up.
1998 International 4700LP 4 door ,DT530,300hp 6sp.with a 4:10 ,air ride https://www.redwoodowners.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic1866_1.gif[/IMG]
ET156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 03:22 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT & BT View Post

GOOD LUCK!
No-no, these aren't sold "as is". These rigs are covered by warranty for 2 years and the majority of those things are covered under warranty. The only ones that will be hard to get satisfaction on will be #1 and #17 as it will be hard to show who was responsible now that delivery was taken.

I certainly agree it would be worth a trip back to the service center with that many problems. I'm sure they would take it in and I hear they do a good job.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 03:34 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET156 View Post
JT & BT I did do a PDI at the dealers lot I was there for two days. I did the PDI by my self the dealer did not have the time to do it with me but did fix the problems I found at the time. I did not find the stuff on the list until at rv park due to not using the rig at dealers lot and not having a ladder to see the problems that were on the upper half of the rig. Deal did not allow me on the roof to inspect . FYI. RW is responsible for drivers damage because I was not shown the damage at the time of delivery and the dealer hade the pics of damage on file and RW factory rep. was at dealer when rig arrived and saw damage and he stepped up and made things right. as for other problems RW does and is standing behind warranty issues. Byoung Rv has the rig in their shop and has assured me that everything will be fixed and done right. I have no reason not to think they can't get the job done . They seem to be a very well oiled machine @ BYoung Rv . but we will see in three weeks when I pick it up.
That is one of the problems with Delivery Drivers. Many of them do not have experience pulling big units. Most of them are used to pulling tow behind trailers. And of course they aren't about to tell anyone they hit something or did damage to the unit.

It is good that RW is standing up to their warranty. With all the damage that you found on the unit, I would have been inclined to have RW give you a brand new unit! I would also tried to find out who the driver was and contacted the company that towed it down there.

Fortunately for us, we walked around and did a PDI with the dealer we purchased from. My Wife found the real problem with the CRACK in the GEL Coat on the rear window. The dealer was Leary about fixing it, since it required some major body work. So, RW will fix this back at the factory.

Another thing I found out too, if you are hauling your unit to the RW service center and they have approved you coming up there, make sure you get an Email stating that they will reimburse you for fuel to and from Indiana, (keep your fuel receipts).

Again GOOD LUCK!
JT & BT is offline   Reply With Quote