Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-25-2019, 10:41 PM   #1

12 volt problem

I have a 2013 36rl. Everything was working fine the last time I used it.Tryed to turn on the refrigerator and nothing. Checked battery voltage at the refrigerator and only had 10.5 volts.Plugged in the ac cord and voltage went to 12.5 but refer still would not come on. replaced the circuit board.Sill nothing. replaced the eyebrow and still nothing. Then I noticed there were no lights in that slide.
Checked the voltage at the junction behind the drawer next to the fireplace 12.5 volts.Checked voltage at the battery 13.6 volts.Ran wires direct from battery to circuit board and refer came on. I don't under stand having 12.5 volts on the original wires and it won't work. HELP
kajolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 03:11 AM   #2

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
Quote:
Originally Posted by kajolley View Post
I have a 2013 36rl. Everything was working fine the last time I used it.Tryed to turn on the refrigerator and nothing. Checked battery voltage at the refrigerator and only had 10.5 volts.Plugged in the ac cord and voltage went to 12.5 but refer still would not come on. replaced the circuit board.Sill nothing. replaced the eyebrow and still nothing. Then I noticed there were no lights in that slide.
Checked the voltage at the junction behind the drawer next to the fireplace 12.5 volts.Checked voltage at the battery 13.6 volts.Ran wires direct from battery to circuit board and refer came on. I don't under stand having 12.5 volts on the original wires and it won't work. HELP
Check k all your 12v fuses with a meter or test light
Old 09-27-2019, 03:38 AM   #3

Also all of your 12V connection points in the battery box compartment. If that doesn't help, let us know I think there's another possibility.

Jim & Mary 2013 36 RL with Titan Disc Brakes Residential Fridge Goodyear 17.5 H rated tires MORryde IS, MORryde pin box 2015 Ford F350 King Ranch DRW
Jim & Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 12:37 PM   #4

I had the same issue with a 36RE and it ended up being a bad electrical connection. It was the black wire from the slide going up inside the main frame. There was a connection point that was not in any junction box or weather proof box and had corroded. This was the 12 volt control voltage for the fridge. Been working fine ever since.
gflynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 03:10 PM   #5

Thanks fort= the info.Taking it to my son in laws tomorrow.Hopefully he can find the proble.m
kajolley is offline   Reply With Quote