Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-02-2013, 02:28 PM   #1

I have recently experienced a problem with my 12 volt light and my 12 volt vent in my bathroom. One day I noticed that the lights and the vent blower quit working so I automatically assumed I lost power to the 5th wheel but noticed that my outlets in the bathroom were still working so I knew that I still had power. I then went to the fuse panel and checked the fuses. I removed the fuse marked for the bathroom but the fuse looked fine. While replacing the same fuse I noticed that the red light next to the fuse flickered on and then off. My light and fan then worked. It happened again so I immediately replaced the fuse but noticed the fuse seemed somewhat loose but still worked. I then pulled several other fuses to see how tight they were and when I removed them the red light next to each one came on until the fuse was replaced. Now when I remove the 15AMP fuse for the bathroom, the red light does not come on. All the other fuses seem tight in their connection. Now my lights and fan do not come on at all. I'm wondering if the panel red lights are designed to tell you when a fuse is blown and also if I just need to crimp the connectors together tighter or do I need to pull the panel to check the backside for a loose connection? Any one else have a similar problem?
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote