Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-27-2012, 06:13 PM   #1

I have had my 2013 36FL for 1week now and am ready to tackle the hookup of my satellite dish(direct tv).It sets on a pole next to my camper.Does anyone have any schematics or instructions on where I would want to start !! Thank You
Old 09-27-2012, 08:02 PM   #2

Beefstew, first, welcome to our Redwood Family. I had my dealer set all my satellite stuff up so I really do not have a clue. Right now my antenna and cable connections are not working to the TV because I do not have them hooked up properly and based on discussions with folks I need an AB switch box, some small pieces of tv cable and something about a booster switch. So my answer is I am taking the coach back to the factory for warranty work and will have them hook up the stuff correctly.
Old 09-29-2012, 07:08 PM   #3

If your's is set up like my 36RL, there is a jack marked satellite in the compartment where your water connection and dump valves are. Hook the cable from your dish to this jack. Behind the TV there is a jack that should also be marked satellite. A cable goes from this jack to your satellite receiver. I than ran a HDMI cable from the receiver to the tv. You can use one of the other cable connections from the receiver to the tv, but the HDMI is supposed to give the best picture. To watch satellite, set the input on the tv to whatever type connection you are using. If you don't have the satellite connections you would have to start from scratch, but I think most of the units are coming with this almost standar.