Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-30-2013, 04:46 AM   #321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Ginny View Post
Couldn't get enough people interested in starting a club. I've kept the other website in limbo just in case enough people say they want to join some sort of organized club. We already have someone that has volunteered to be the president.
Dave,

Anymore thought on the "co-op" RV park?
2013 36 RL
subdoc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 02:18 PM   #322
Site Team

YES! I'm just not ready yet because I just had invest a lot of money in a building for our company. This is still something I want to do but it's all about timing, finding the right pieces of property and of course the right people.
Old 12-30-2013, 03:10 PM   #323

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Ginny View Post
YES! I'm just not ready yet because I just had invest a lot of money in a building for our company. This is still something I want to do but it's all about timing, finding the right pieces of property and of course the right people.
It was something we had thought about 20 years ago as one of our favorite places to camp was going to be sold to another developer that wanted condos! Unfortunately there were not enough investors to make it work.
Keep us in the loop!!
2013 36 RL
subdoc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 05:14 PM   #324

sounds good we are in in Az in winter and western canada in the summer
drjbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 07:08 PM   #325
Site Team

The idea came from something I had read about but to be honest I can't remember where I read it.

This group of 5 or 6 couples all went in on some land in different states and climates. They had one in the South, one in the Mid-west and one in the Rockies. Each piece of land was just big enough for 6 or 7 concrete pads (one for a caretaker). They let someone take care of the places in exchange for free camping. Then depending on the time of year, they each went their separate ways but they stayed in contact with each other so they could invite friends and such to use the camp sites not being used. They said that they rarely ever happened to be at the same place at one time. with the exception of the place in the South during the winter (I believe it was in Texas).

They said that while splitting the cost amongst them, it allowed them all to have several places instead of just one. These folks said that they got tired of having to deal with the upper end camping places (which is where they had met) and didn't care for what they found in the lower end either so they just made their own.
Old 01-07-2014, 09:42 PM   #326
Site Team

Dave - keep me in this loop too. I like the idea
Old 01-07-2014, 09:50 PM   #327
Site Team

The trick will be finding the land in low property tax states and to find the desirable locations at reasonable prices.
Old 01-07-2014, 11:21 PM   #328

Not only finding desirable locations, but finding property in those locations that Zoning would allow such a setup. Some areas they won't let you just put in an RV pad unless you're building a house within a certain time frame.
But the whole idea sounds like a very interesting concept.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 11:30 PM   #329
Site Team

From what I found a few years ago when I first started thinking about this. Most of the areas would be more open minded because this would not be open to the public and limited to a small size. The zoning can still be an issue depending on the area. Also the size of land must be able to sustain a septic system or have access to water and sewer and utilities.

In a few years I'll put a plan together and invite a few folks to explore this further. I have an environmental certified friend that said he'd draw everything up and help with the legalities
Old 02-21-2014, 10:28 PM   #330

Please add me.
Jay D
Ramblin Roadrunners is offline   Reply With Quote