Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-26-2012, 06:01 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobSeale
i WOULD LOVE TO PARTICIPATE.
Bob, I checked your profile and see that you are in Las Vegas so you be in the Western chapter when this thing gets going. Lillyputz is also from Nevada so there are a least two of you so far and at least three Californians add three or four Texans so far and the Western Chapter is starting to gain momentum.
John317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 06:25 AM   #42
Site Team

I've got a large USA map in my office, I think I'm going to put a push pin up for each person and see where everybody is.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:41 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Ginny

I've got a large USA map in my office, I think I'm going to put a push pin up for each person and see where everybody is.
As the old Eskimo said, in the greatest movie ever made (Never Cry Wolf), "Sounds like a good idea".
Old 03-26-2012, 07:01 AM   #44
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by John317
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobSeale
i WOULD LOVE TO PARTICIPATE.
Bob, I checked your profile and see that you are in Las Vegas so you be in the Western chapter when this thing gets going. Lillyputz is also from Nevada so there are a least two of you so far and at least three Californians add three or four Texans so far and the Western Chapter is starting to gain momentum.

This is great! This group is already forming all by it self. I hope the Redwood Company understands the marketing value of a group like this.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:14 AM   #45

Hi all,
I sent a private message to one of the forum administrators today asking how we can get a forum user group set up and a a forum major heading for Woody Club members. There are also calendars and polls that can be set up by an administrator which can turn out to be helpful in planning future events and polling our group for feedback, voting on the club name, logo etc.I will post a reply if I get one. In the mean time it looks like there is enough interest to keep the ball rolling. I have lost track of who has placed orders or taken delivery! If any of you are in that category then by all means congratulations and welcome aboard.

Happy trails and safe travels

Brett and Jan
Old 03-26-2012, 09:32 AM   #46

Just got word this morning that our 36RE is off line and in paint. looks like it might be at the dealer before April 30th.

Lillyputz
Old 03-26-2012, 09:33 AM   #47

We are just south of Carson City, NV.

Lillyputz
Old 03-26-2012, 09:39 AM   #48

Lilly you should have it before then it takes 10 to days depending on where your dealer is to get it painted and delivered to the dealer so I've been told.

"75 FEET OF FUN ON THE RUN"
KR2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 09:39 AM   #49

FF, I spoke to a factory rep today about factory help with setting up a club, he informed me that the factory has been monitoring the interest in a club since we started discussing it on the forum. He told me that they have hired a new guy in marketing and the formation of a club would be in his purview . He said he would have him contact us soon. We just need someone with organizational skills to volunteer to coordinate all this. Hint, hint.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:07 AM   #50

Send a message via Yahoo to RollsRoyce

I wonder if the factory would pay the customer to pick up their own unit and deliver it to the dealer for prep
RW36FB
RollsRoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:13 AM   #51

I told my dealer i would just go pick it up but they said the factory frowned on this practice.

Old 03-26-2012, 10:20 AM   #52

We are in as well, our home base is about 70 miles S. of Ft Worth TX. Took delivery of our new RW36RL, but have not been out in it yet. Got her uploaded and plan a trip to the Houston area around 14 April then over to the rally in Kerrville the 20th of April. My impression of the unit so far is great, I had the dealer exchange the GY tires it came with with the TOYO's off my old unit. My old unit came with GY tires and I am not impressed with them, 1 blowout and 2 tread separations in the first 5k miles. My only issue with the unit is its height, it was advertised at 12'11" at the highest point. My hangar has a 13'1" opening (I measured it twice) and the forward ac is about 1" taller. I let the air out of the trucks airbags and deflated some air from the units tires and scrapedher in. I contacted Redwood and asked what can be done to get her to the 12'11" they advertised. I was told my best option is to wait until they start offering the Coleman low profile ac in June, that should be about 3" lower. It was suggested I bring the unit to the factory and have them do the job to insure everything will work as advertised when they install the new ac. I have asked but have not heard back if there will be any $$ help from Redwood. I was very specific with the dealer about the height prior to ordering and was assured it was no higher than that advertised, I have the emails to back it up. In any case I plan to change it out, it's a pain in the--- to let the air out of the tires to get it in and out of the storage each time we us her.
This is a bit long winded, but I got on a roll and let it go!!

Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:30 AM   #53

That is very interesting I wonder where they are measuring at to get the 12'11" in height? if some one puts a dish dome on the roof theyeasily could be 13'4" or higher depending on the dish used.

Old 03-26-2012, 10:32 AM   #54

I would like to know how to add a photo of my unit to the signature box. Can you help me with tis?
Thanks
bob
Old 03-26-2012, 10:35 AM   #55

there is information on this in the how to join and modify threads. there complete instructions there in the Q and A section.

Old 03-26-2012, 10:35 AM   #56

I was told the 12'11" is measured from the top of the forward ac.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:47 AM   #57

OK Flyboy, another Texican, oops I meant Texan. I forgot a TEXICAN is a Canadian who goes to South Padre Beach for the winter. Anyway thanks for adding strength to the Western Chapter. Has anyone heard of any additions to the Central or Eastern Chapters lately or are they still hibernating back there?
Old 03-26-2012, 01:03 PM   #58

Thanks for the height problem. It is extremely helpful. We have always taken the height for granted also.
Rooksfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 01:04 PM   #59

So very excited for you.
Rooksfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 01:56 PM   #60

I'm about to install the Winegard SK-3005 dish on my RL. I'll have to measure the height after that and report in.

Total height is so important - especially driving through non-highway, small townroads on the way to your destination (lots of overpasses & railroad bridges).Some aren't even marked.You can't exactly pull a Y-turn with these units.

Also wonder what the skidplate height is on the Trail-air when the unit is level. You need this height when you pull in to pickup your unit. My Reese Elite is adjustable a few inches, so is the Trail-Air, but my dually 4x4 seems pretty high. I don't want to tow "nose high". Just makes it higher...
Mike & Pam '12 36RL, Kodiak Discs, 17.5" G114s H-Rated, SRE4000 w/HD Shackles, Joy Rider Shocks, Flex Air, 5.5 Onan, W&D, DW, 4 Scare Lights, (2) 6V Trojan T-145s; Progressive EMS-HW50C, Winegard DTV Sat, Sony/Denon 4K Home Theater, WiFiRanger EliteAC Pack, weBoost 4G-X Cell Booster.

2022 RAM 3500 Limited CC, LB, 4x4, DRW, Max Tow, Cummins HO, AISIN, 4.10, Mopar 30K w/OEM Prep, Transfer Flow 70gal Aux Tank/Toolbox.
5th_Time is offline   Reply With Quote