Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-20-2019, 12:37 PM   #1

Redwood owner almost

Well we decided on purchasing a Redwood, driving all the way to Indiana to look at the new 3951mb which my husband wants but I like the 3901mb, but that is a lot like what we've had before so thats why my husband wants to change it up. But by tomorrow morning we will be a redwood owner. Any feedback is appreciated.
Broant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 01:35 PM   #2

My number one is find a dealer that you have reasonable access to, that will fight for you when you need warranty. Not that Redwood won’t provide legitimate warranty but the dealer is the linchpin.
Highcountrybarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 08:30 PM   #3

almost every trailer has some type of small warranty issue as stated , having a dealer close to where you live and a dealer that will provide great post sale service is priceless. if it comes down to great deal and reasonable service I can deal with that. 95% of my repairs I do myself , so its really not a issue for me . Most owners depend on the dealers for factory support, however if your close to Indiana you have factory support ! take your time , figure out exactly what options really are important to you and don't settle for less the that.

best of luck in your shopping !
Old 02-20-2019, 10:17 PM   #4

Find a dealer that has a great service department even if the rv may cost less somewhere else. The sales department once you've signed the bottom line they're done & won't remember your name tomorrow, the service is just beginning your relationship & hopefully a good one.
Good luck with your search & welcome to the group!
I'm like Mark, mine went once to the factory before the '13 rally for a small list of warranty items, other than that I've taken care of everything else that's came up.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 11:49 PM   #5

I don't know much about the dealer but seems very helpful, I know they have been in business for a number of years and from small town, not no franchise place that I would stay away from. We will still have some questions before deal is signed.
Old 02-23-2019, 11:57 PM   #6

Hello from new RW3951WB owners!

My wife and I purchased our first Redwood on February 20th. Purchased in Tulsa and made it to Little Rock. As with all new RVs there is a break in process, and we are enjoying them now. Looking forward to making it our home for a long time. We have been full-timers over three years. I will definitely be looking for similar experiences from other from Redwood owners.
RW3951WB19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 02:57 AM   #7

Your going to end up with a great trailer....Redwoods are to be proud of....a few issues may happen....be patient as they will get sorted and the RV will settle into a reliable...amazing home on wheels...as with all RV's...keep a close eye on things to keep it in great shape(water intrusion is the RV killer)....but the "homey / residential" feeling in these units is very satisfying....Have a great experience....Wes
2015 38RL....Loaded
wintertree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 03:14 AM   #8

Why thank you we can't wait to pick it up but you just scared me, we've never had water intrusion with our rv that we are trading in, actually no problems but the latch on the basement door. They said it would take a couple of weeks to do the PDI before we can have it, seems like a very long time, but I won't complain if they will check everything thoroughly.
Old 02-24-2019, 03:40 AM   #9

I was an RV tech for years....other than appliance failures....water / weather damage on RV's was the most common failure we found.....this will vary where you use the RV the most....We are moving to the Canadian west Coast where we will be in wetter weather for about 8 months of the year....so extra care has to be taken on roof condition....misc caulking....etc.....I was impressed with how well our Redwood was sealed up from the factory....but with all "assembly line " made products not all units are the same.....The best RV owners are "aware" and keep an eye on things.....not worry...just pay attention...use in high heat / sun (deserts and such) can play hell on the self level sealant on the rubber roof and drying out and cracking can occur given enough time....But the products used these days are better than ever....and have impressive lifespans..As some posters have noted....a good dealer is the Key if you are not hands on...or you have some warranty concerns....Have fun !....Wes
Old 02-24-2019, 03:52 AM   #10

So because we were in Indiana and walking through the factory, I totally understand how flaws can happen, they are on peace work there, so once they get finished they are out of there. They all seem very well organized but these things happen. We keep our indoors and we are not full time travellers that does make a big difference. Well I 'm Canadian and not sure which province your going to but if its Alberta or Manitoba the weather this winter was brutal. Seeing we've owned rv's and our last one was amazing the 9 yrs we had it, only got rid of it to have something more modern but will miss it.
Old 02-24-2019, 04:05 AM   #11

We are from Alta....just went thru almost three weeks of -30 nights...our RW sits outside....I keep it cleaned off....last owner was from Alta too...not stored inside....it it looks like new..Thanks to fussy owner and full body paint...One transition molding fell off (between the wall and the beginning of the side skirting....poor caulking and then some ice got behind it...no biggy...any rig that goes through temps like that ....is a good test.....Wow....storing under cover is totally the best if possible...! Your last unit probably was in super condition...No issues with flooring.....or the fit of things changing in extreme cold.....but we do not move our rig when its that cold...looking forward to living in a more moderate climate...Wes
Old 02-24-2019, 05:35 PM   #12

Oh Wes i know your winter has been brutal our buddy was in Manitoba working pipeline, he is so happy to be back in Ontario. But Alberta sure is beautiful been there twice. Yes we are lucky we have a driveshed on our property to store it makes a world of difference. You have a good day, we here in Ontario are getting a major wind storm