Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2012, 09:07 PM   #1

My wife and I purchased a 2012 Redwood 36RL from Bretz RV and Boat sales in Missoula Mantana yesterday. We traded a 2007 Cameo F35FD3. We take posssesion tomorrow afternoon after the unit is detailed. We live in western Washington and did the transaction via phone last week. We had done a lot of research and LOOKED at lots of RV'S and were really taken by the Redwood. Our salesperson, Collin Griffin, was a great help in putting this together for which we thank him. We are staying at Bretz wherewe have 50 amp service, water and a dump station near by. So far we are very pleased and will keep you posted on service.
We tow with a 2008 Dodge 3500 srw with only 24,000 miles.We are headed to Ft Benton and then Yellow Stone.
RJ&KJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 09:36 PM   #2
Site Team

Congrats on your new Redwood and post some pics after you get it. I have a RL myself and so far we really enjoy it as I'm sure you will yours as well.

Old 06-07-2012, 04:29 PM   #3

Congrats on your new rig. Be sure to post anything you found that needed attention on your new coach. Mine is to be delivered in about 3 weeks.

Old 06-08-2012, 06:27 AM   #4

Send a message via Yahoo to RollsRoyce

Taking our 36FB out on 2nd voyage....The first was just a 2 day test after picking up unit to look for major problems....Found problems and returned to dealer which is now supposed to be repaired...Will find out this week end I guess and get to better familiarize ourselves with the unit.....and enjoy gas prices tooooo! If you have a Walmart Discover card Diesel sells for $3.44 gal here in Burleson TX and gas is $3.21...We hope it is getting better in your areas too. We hope everyone has a great trtaveling summer.
RW36FB
RollsRoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 07:53 AM   #5

RollsRoyce... it's amazing how the oil companies have trained us to think that $3.44 is a good price for Diesel! I can remember Diesel at 20 cents a gallon. Here in South Texas we're paying $3.63. It might be worth driving to Burleson to fill up!

Safe travels to you too!
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 04:41 PM   #6

Galena Park Texas has it for 3.58 if you are close......

Best Regards,
Ben
benstefa1@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 08:22 PM   #7

Send a message via Yahoo to RollsRoyce

I can remember putting gas in on my old 40 ford truck and my 50 ford for only .08 a gallon at shamrock on the west side of ft. worth...Ibelieve it was in 1959
RW36FB
RollsRoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 07:09 AM   #8

Rolls Royce,

Awesome, it would be awesome if you still had that truck!!!

Best Regards,
Ben
benstefa1@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 03:28 PM   #9

It's $4.33 per US gallon for diesel here in Alberta where I live & the other day I was in Ft. McMurray ( home of the infamous oilsands) and it was $4.94 per US gallon & we produce the stuff right here!
Lawr&Moe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 05:07 PM   #10

4.48 in Ontario today.
Old 06-10-2012, 11:55 PM   #11

Still better than gas & no comparison in performance.
Lawr&Moe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 06:19 PM   #12

Sorry it has taken so long to reply, have lots going on. We had to stop by Bretz RV on our way home from Yellow Stone as we had some problems. Our closet sliding door kept dropping from the slide, they had tried to fix it twice before. They allowed me to go with the unit for repair which surprised me and the worker discovered it needed another screw in the slide. The vacuume didn't work and the worker discovered it wasn't plugged in all the way. While in Idaho a gust of wind cought the duel door on the drivers side and the rivets popped. It had less rivits than its sister door but the rivits are small and not at all strong, don't know as yet if this is being covered. Was told the door would be ordered and sent to me but just found out that's not happening so have an appointment here to see about it. We are home and found more problems after leaving Missoula. The entry door still was notshutting properly after having it worked on twice so fixed it myself. The biggy is we have a dripping next to the fresh water drain so drained the fresh water tank and it stopped, really concerned about this one. We are having some leakage from the sewer hookup so thought it was the cheap hose that came with the unit but it still leaked with my new Rehino hose and found one of the ears is missing. I'm not fond of the swing out system. Our shower leaks where the glass meets the fiberglass, was repaired at Bretz but still leaks. We are having a loud popping noise outside and think it's the leveling system. We also get some popping noises in the floor but not nearly as loud. Have an appointment next Wed to see about repairs. Over all we are enjoying our new unit, a little disappointed in the problems but that seems to be our luck when we buy something. RJ&KJ
RJ&KJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:19 PM   #13

My RL was dripping from fresh water tank area right after Ipicked it up. Turns out I had a bad valve in the low point drain line.I changed to screw-type hose clamp, but could not stop the dripping. I had to replace the valve.
Mike & Pam '12 36RL, Kodiak Discs, 17.5" G114s H-Rated, SRE4000 w/HD Shackles, Joy Rider Shocks, Flex Air, 5.5 Onan, W&D, DW, 4 Scare Lights, (2) 6V Trojan T-145s; Progressive EMS-HW50C, Winegard DTV Sat, Sony/Denon 4K Home Theater, WiFiRanger EliteAC Pack, weBoost 4G-X Cell Booster.

2022 RAM 3500 Limited CC, LB, 4x4, DRW, Max Tow, Cummins HO, AISIN, 4.10, Mopar 30K w/OEM Prep, Transfer Flow 70gal Aux Tank/Toolbox.
5th_Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 06:10 AM   #14

We experienced a shower leak, I used clear silicone and recaulked the base and the entire glass panel on the right side (side that leaked) and no more leak. We had a popping noise as well and our dealer found a faulty breaker, replaced it, no more popping noise. I purchased a semi-rigid 10 ft sewer hose (camping world), placed that on the swing out and have been on the road for 22 days without any leaks. We were fortunate about our front door as our dealer noticed the rivets loose, and replaced them with stronger and added a couple more. We have traveled over 3700 miles thusfar on our trip and our Redwood has performed in an outstanding manner. One small issue - popped a 10 amp fuze in the leveling system, I called Lazy Days service in Tampa, FL, they told me where the fuze was located (it is an in line small fuze in the front of the coach by the hydraulic hose connections) replaced it and we were good to go.
Old 06-22-2012, 06:39 AM   #15

COLJDM, had the same problem with the 10Amp fuze for the leveling system. My solution was to replace the fuze with a 10Amp manual reset fuze. It's a Bussmann, model number Buss 22310-0000, 24 volt 10A S25. The best part is it only cost $2.50 and haven't experienced a problem since.
Adamsvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 06:43 AM   #16

Victor, thanks for the info. We are currently at Yellowstone National Park. Did you purchase the fuze at an auto parts store or rv supply store?

John Moors
Old 06-22-2012, 07:15 AM   #17

I purchased it over the internet on Amazon. It looks like it is twice as long as a regular fuze with a red push button reset. Don't know if they are available at an RV store, but any reputable electronics store should have them.Edited by: Adamsvr
Adamsvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:34 PM   #18

I purchased my replacement fuse at an auto store. It resets itself after it cools. My original fuse was blowing often, but since I replaced it with the new fuse a few months ago I have not had a problem.