Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 04-07-2012, 11:08 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
John317's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 243
I believe I've found a perfect candidate for the President of ROCI.*
Via several private messages with COLJDM I've learned the following: *He is a retired COL, US Army with experience in logistics, finance, contracting, supply, personnel management, fiscal law and associated regulations and laws and holds a Masters Degree in Management, his wife is currently managing a liquor store and she has a wealth of experience working with people and how to present things in a most positive manner. He is in the process of obtaining an existing club's bylaws, *and suggests we change the same to meet the needs of ROCI and propose this club to Redwood RV Inc. to see if they would sponsor the club. He has already contacted Dan Seits, Redwood Sales, via email solicit his support. He feels that Redwood's stance should be supportive if the bylaws of the club provide a positive marketing initiative for their product. He told me that his wife will retire at the end of May and they are planning an extensive trip with their GK's which should last until August. *After that he and his wife will be available for getting this club officially going.

He stated *to me, and I quote *"We are really committed to our Redwood coach and we would both gladly assist in working towards initiating a professional organization that would better the overall Redwood experience, provide a basis to develop positive friendly relationships amongst Redwood owners, and create an enviromnent of self support of a product that we feel is a step above your normal standard fifth wheel coach, as we both feel their product is quite outstanding. We are available to discuss whatever initiative the group feels is the right direction to pursue". Wow, I'm sold!

*I ask John, that in light of his qualifications and enthusiasm, if he would allow me to nominate him for President of ROCI and he said I could. Therefore.......

IMO, Colonel John is an ideal choice for President of ROCI , and we are very fortunate to have someone of his caliber and enthusiasm to, with help and support of his DW, step up and offer to be the Head of our new club.

All in favor say aye.
AYE!
John317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 02:39 PM   #2
Dan
Senior Member
 
Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 616
aye
__________________

07 Dodge 3500, Exhaust Brake, Edge Programer, Killer "B" Turbo
13 RL ALL options except Gen and W/D
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 04:55 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
lillyputz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 467
I'll go with the majority.



Lillyputz
__________________
36RE Redwood LEMON
lillyputz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 05:46 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
5th_Time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,072


With due respect, I think we're putting the cart before the horse. It's way too early...
__________________
Mike & Pam '12 36RL, Kodiak Discs, 17.5" G114s H-Rated, SRE4000 w/HD Shackles, Joy Rider Shocks, Flex Air, 5.5 Onan, W&D, DW, 4 Scare Lights, (2) 6V Trojan T-145s; Progressive EMS-HW50C, Winegard DTV Sat, Sony 4K Home Theater, WiFiRanger EliteAC Pack, weBoost 4G-X Cell Booster.

'12 GMC 3500HD CC 4x4, DRW, DuraMax, Allison, Reese Elite 26.5K, Titan Tank 60 gal.
5th_Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 05:52 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
John317's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th_Time

With due respect, I think we're putting the cart before the horse.* It's way too early...*
If someone doesn't take charge of forming an official club and getting factory support, how is it going to get done? It wont happen on its own. Will you volunteer to do it? Edited by: John317
John317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 06:19 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Adamsvr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 596
Couldn't agree more! We're here for the enjoyment of owning one of the best RV's on the market. Rewood is a very good new company. Every manufacturer has failures in some of their components. Our goal should be to help them build better products for our continued enjoyment. However, in my opinion, Rewood should should step up and listen to the owners of their product and make them stronger.

One way to do this is have Redwood to get a moderator for this forum and provide feedback to the designers/factory/dealerships/and sales force.
Adamsvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 06:22 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
John317's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamsvr
Couldn't agree more! We're here for the enjoyment of owning one of the best RV's on the market. Rewood is a very good new company. Every manufacturer has failures in some of their components. Our goal should be to help them build better products for our continued enjoyment. However, in my opinion, Rewood should should step up and listen to the owners of their product and make them stronger.

One way to do this is have Redwood to get a moderator for this forum and provide feedback to the designers/factory/dealerships/and sales force.
Is that an AYE?
John317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 06:27 PM   #8
Site Team
 
Dave&Ginny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 5,363


I went back and looked at Johns post and I didn't see anything negative and to me that means a lot. If John has the time I'm OK with the idea of him formating things and getting the ball rolling. But I would strongly recommend the following for anybody that wants to start this.

#1 reach out to Redwood and see how this works into their plans
#2 get a board together because we don't need a dictator
#3 HAVE FUN AND MAKE THIS FUN

Remember.... fellowship is fun as long as we all respect each other and have common interests. Many of us have owned businesses or worked our lives away to get where we are today..now it's time to enjoy and if we put too much structure intoa groupwe could all loose.

God's speed to you John
__________________
SOB "The RV Wiseguy"
Dave&Ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 06:28 PM   #9
Site Team
 
Dave&Ginny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 5,363

Quote:
Originally Posted by John317
I believe I've found a perfect candidate for the President of ROCI.
Via several private messages with COLJDM I've learned the following: He is a retired COL, US Army with experience in logistics, finance, contracting, supply, personnel management, fiscal law and associated regulations and laws and holds a Masters Degree in Management, his wife is currently managing a liquor store and she has a wealth of experience working with people and how to present things in a most positive manner. He is in the process of obtaining an existing club's bylaws, and suggests we change the same to meet the needs of ROCI and propose this club to Redwood RV Inc. to see if they would sponsor the club. He has already contacted Dan Seits, Redwood Sales, via email solicit his support. He feels that Redwood's stance should be supportive if the bylaws of the club provide a positive marketing initiative for their product. He told me that his wife will retire at the end of May and they are planning an extensive trip with their GK's which should last until August. After that he and his wife will be available for getting this club officially going.

He stated to me, and I quote "We are really committed to our Redwood coach and we would both gladly assist in working towards initiating a professional organization that would better the overall Redwood experience, provide a basis to develop positive friendly relationships amongst Redwood owners, and create an enviromnent of self support of a product that we feel is a step above your normal standard fifth wheel coach, as we both feel their product is quite outstanding. We are available to discuss whatever initiative the group feels is the right direction to pursue". Wow, I'm sold!

I ask John, that in light of his qualifications and enthusiasm, if he would allow me to nominate him for President of ROCI and he said I could. Therefore.......

IMO, Colonel John is an ideal choice for President of ROCI , and we are very fortunate to have someone of his caliber and enthusiasm to, with help and support of his DW, step up and offer to be the Head of our new club.

All in favor say aye.
AYE!

John317....thanks for your work on this
__________________
SOB "The RV Wiseguy"
Dave&Ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 06:51 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Campers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 420
I'm in. Good nomination. Sorry he was not a Canadian Soldier.
__________________
Bud & Lois
Campers is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia State Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.