Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-07-2012, 10:08 AM   #1

I believe I've found a perfect candidate for the President of ROCI.Â*
Via several private messages with COLJDM I've learned the following: Â*He is a retired COL, US Army with experience in logistics, finance, contracting, supply, personnel management, fiscal law and associated regulations and laws and holds a Masters Degree in Management, his wife is currently managing a liquor store and she has a wealth of experience working with people and how to present things in a most positive manner. He is in the process of obtaining an existing club's bylaws, Â*and suggests we change the same to meet the needs of ROCI and propose this club to Redwood RV Inc. to see if they would sponsor the club. He has already contacted Dan Seits, Redwood Sales, via email solicit his support. He feels that Redwood's stance should be supportive if the bylaws of the club provide a positive marketing initiative for their product. He told me that his wife will retire at the end of May and they are planning an extensive trip with their GK's which should last until August. Â*After that he and his wife will be available for getting this club officially going.

He stated Â*to me, and I quote Â*"We are really committed to our Redwood coach and we would both gladly assist in working towards initiating a professional organization that would better the overall Redwood experience, provide a basis to develop positive friendly relationships amongst Redwood owners, and create an enviromnent of self support of a product that we feel is a step above your normal standard fifth wheel coach, as we both feel their product is quite outstanding. We are available to discuss whatever initiative the group feels is the right direction to pursue". Wow, I'm sold!

Â*I ask John, that in light of his qualifications and enthusiasm, if he would allow me to nominate him for President of ROCI and he said I could. Therefore.......

IMO, Colonel John is an ideal choice for President of ROCI , and we are very fortunate to have someone of his caliber and enthusiasm to, with help and support of his DW, step up and offer to be the Head of our new club.

All in favor say aye.
AYE!
John317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 01:39 PM   #2
Dan

aye

07 Dodge 3500, Exhaust Brake, Edge Programer, Killer "B" Turbo
13 RL ALL options except Gen and W/D
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 03:55 PM   #3

I'll go with the majority.

Lillyputz
Old 04-07-2012, 04:46 PM   #4

With due respect, I think we're putting the cart before the horse. It's way too early...
Mike & Pam '12 36RL, Kodiak Discs, 17.5" G114s H-Rated, SRE4000 w/HD Shackles, Joy Rider Shocks, Flex Air, 5.5 Onan, W&D, DW, 4 Scare Lights, (2) 6V Trojan T-145s; Progressive EMS-HW50C, Winegard DTV Sat, Sony/Denon 4K Home Theater, WiFiRanger EliteAC Pack, weBoost 4G-X Cell Booster.

2022 RAM 3500 Limited CC, LB, 4x4, DRW, Max Tow, Cummins HO, AISIN, 4.10, Mopar 30K w/OEM Prep, Transfer Flow 70gal Aux Tank/Toolbox.
5th_Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 04:52 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th_Time

With due respect, I think we're putting the cart before the horse.Â* It's way too early...Â*
If someone doesn't take charge of forming an official club and getting factory support, how is it going to get done? It wont happen on its own. Will you volunteer to do it? Edited by: John317
Old 04-07-2012, 05:19 PM   #6

Couldn't agree more! We're here for the enjoyment of owning one of the best RV's on the market. Rewood is a very good new company. Every manufacturer has failures in some of their components. Our goal should be to help them build better products for our continued enjoyment. However, in my opinion, Rewood should should step up and listen to the owners of their product and make them stronger.

One way to do this is have Redwood to get a moderator for this forum and provide feedback to the designers/factory/dealerships/and sales force.
Adamsvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 05:22 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamsvr
Couldn't agree more! We're here for the enjoyment of owning one of the best RV's on the market. Rewood is a very good new company. Every manufacturer has failures in some of their components. Our goal should be to help them build better products for our continued enjoyment. However, in my opinion, Rewood should should step up and listen to the owners of their product and make them stronger.

One way to do this is have Redwood to get a moderator for this forum and provide feedback to the designers/factory/dealerships/and sales force.
Is that an AYE?
Old 04-07-2012, 05:27 PM   #8
Site Team

I went back and looked at Johns post and I didn't see anything negative and to me that means a lot. If John has the time I'm OK with the idea of him formating things and getting the ball rolling. But I would strongly recommend the following for anybody that wants to start this.

#1 reach out to Redwood and see how this works into their plans
#2 get a board together because we don't need a dictator
#3 HAVE FUN AND MAKE THIS FUN

Remember.... fellowship is fun as long as we all respect each other and have common interests. Many of us have owned businesses or worked our lives away to get where we are today..now it's time to enjoy and if we put too much structure intoa groupwe could all loose.

God's speed to you John
Old 04-07-2012, 05:28 PM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by John317
I believe I've found a perfect candidate for the President of ROCI.
Via several private messages with COLJDM I've learned the following: He is a retired COL, US Army with experience in logistics, finance, contracting, supply, personnel management, fiscal law and associated regulations and laws and holds a Masters Degree in Management, his wife is currently managing a liquor store and she has a wealth of experience working with people and how to present things in a most positive manner. He is in the process of obtaining an existing club's bylaws, and suggests we change the same to meet the needs of ROCI and propose this club to Redwood RV Inc. to see if they would sponsor the club. He has already contacted Dan Seits, Redwood Sales, via email solicit his support. He feels that Redwood's stance should be supportive if the bylaws of the club provide a positive marketing initiative for their product. He told me that his wife will retire at the end of May and they are planning an extensive trip with their GK's which should last until August. After that he and his wife will be available for getting this club officially going.

He stated to me, and I quote "We are really committed to our Redwood coach and we would both gladly assist in working towards initiating a professional organization that would better the overall Redwood experience, provide a basis to develop positive friendly relationships amongst Redwood owners, and create an enviromnent of self support of a product that we feel is a step above your normal standard fifth wheel coach, as we both feel their product is quite outstanding. We are available to discuss whatever initiative the group feels is the right direction to pursue". Wow, I'm sold!

I ask John, that in light of his qualifications and enthusiasm, if he would allow me to nominate him for President of ROCI and he said I could. Therefore.......

IMO, Colonel John is an ideal choice for President of ROCI , and we are very fortunate to have someone of his caliber and enthusiasm to, with help and support of his DW, step up and offer to be the Head of our new club.

All in favor say aye.
AYE!

John317....thanks for your work on this
Old 04-07-2012, 05:51 PM   #10

I'm in. Good nomination. Sorry he was not a Canadian Soldier.
Old 04-07-2012, 06:27 PM   #11
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campers

Yea ...I'd rather nominate Margret Thatcher but I don't think she has an RV
Old 04-07-2012, 06:40 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Ginny
Quote:
Â*
Margaret was not Canadian silly. They don't have rvs in the UK only caravans.
Old 04-07-2012, 06:43 PM   #13

What if there are other people that would be interested in having a role in making this club a reality? I think we are jumping the gun here, why don't we all agree on chapters then then hold an election for the officers and so on. Just an idea.

"75 FEET OF FUN ON THE RUN"
KR2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 07:28 PM   #14

KR, in my opinion you start with a basic club that has the clout of a larger number of constituents in order to gain RWI support. If we're are just an imaginary band of loosely formed "chapters" which are just a few active people who live in different regions talking about "getting together" once in awhile, then we stay just as unorganized as we are today. If that's all this membership wants then we already have it, Que Sera Sera.Edited by: John317
Old 04-07-2012, 07:54 PM   #15

Quote:
KR, in my opinion you start with a basic club that has the clout of a larger number of constituents in order to gain RWI support. If we're are just an imaginary band of loosely formed "chapters" which are just a few active people who live in different regions talking about "getting together" once in awhile, then we stay just as unorganized as we are today. If that's all this membership wants then we already have it, Que Sera Sera.
I agree with you but of the 196 members we have around twenty of us who participate in the forum regularly and that probably is not enough to get the Redwood big wigs interested in supporting a club lets face it there were what maybe 10 people who had input in the name of the club that has not even been decided on yet. It sounds like we are looking for one person to be in charge of making any decisions for the club . How are we going to make sure that everyone has a voice that is my main concern here.

Old 04-07-2012, 08:04 PM   #16

John, I agree with KR. There are many senior members here whose deep involvement is signified by the number of points they have on this forum. This is an important decision to everybody who owns a Redwoodor has one on order. I don't think we're going to choose a President bymembers who happened to be logged-in this weekend replying "aye".

There should be some process to select a President amongst those who are obviously interested and involved.To me, this requires at least organizing on a regional level first. Eventually choosing a President from among the chapter leaders is a logical progression.

Not sure why you decided to push this so hard this weekend?? I feel like this "just blew in from the West..." What's the hurry? - especially since your candidate can't begin until August...
Mike & Pam '12 36RL, Kodiak Discs, 17.5" G114s H-Rated, SRE4000 w/HD Shackles, Joy Rider Shocks, Flex Air, 5.5 Onan, W&D, DW, 4 Scare Lights, (2) 6V Trojan T-145s; Progressive EMS-HW50C, Winegard DTV Sat, Sony/Denon 4K Home Theater, WiFiRanger EliteAC Pack, weBoost 4G-X Cell Booster.

2022 RAM 3500 Limited CC, LB, 4x4, DRW, Max Tow, Cummins HO, AISIN, 4.10, Mopar 30K w/OEM Prep, Transfer Flow 70gal Aux Tank/Toolbox.
5th_Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 08:47 PM   #17

First of all let me apologize, I came from an RV club that was very well organized and the organization was very beneficial to the members so I apparently misread what I thought was enthusiasm for for such a club. I'm sorry that I let my enthusiasm get ahead of where you more Senior members want to go at this point. I defer to your Seniorority and wait and see what you decide on.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:08 PM   #18
Site Team

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Ginny
Quote:
Margaret was not Canadian silly. They don't have rvs in the UK only caravans.
The English and the Canadians all have streets with queens on them as well as your money...so I just thought you're all related somehow.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:15 PM   #19

John317, Has there been any more contact with
Alexandria Trusov? If I recall correctly, Doug Richards said she would be the person at Redwood we'd deal with if we want to form an official club. Certainly we don't need factory support to form a club but giving them the option to partner with us during the early stages of the process may benefit us all.</span>
<div style="text-align: left;">

</span>
TravelinAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:17 PM   #20

Quote:
First of all let me apologize, I came from an RV club that was very well organized and the organization was very beneficial to the members so I apparently misread what I thought was enthusiasm for for such a club. I'm sorry that I let my enthusiasm get ahead of where you more Senior members want to go at this point. I defer to your Seniorority and wait and see what you decide on.
I also came from a well organized club but it seemed the members did not have much if any say in anything, so in my "OPINION " I think we should figure out a way to make sure everyone gets heard and has a say in the formation of the club regardless of member status.