Old 04-07-2012, 07:27 PM   #11
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campers
I'm in. Good nomination. Sorry he was not a Canadian Soldier.

Yea ...I'd rather nominate Margret Thatcher but I don't think she has an RV
Old 04-07-2012, 07:40 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Ginny
Quote:
Margaret was not Canadian silly. They don't have rvs in the UK only caravans.
Old 04-07-2012, 07:43 PM   #13

What if there are other people that would be interested in having a role in making this club a reality? I think we are jumping the gun here, why don't we all agree on chapters then then hold an election for the officers and so on. Just an idea.

"75 FEET OF FUN ON THE RUN"
KR2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 08:28 PM   #14

KR, in my opinion you start with a basic club that has the clout of a larger number of constituents in order to gain RWI support. If we're are just an imaginary band of loosely formed "chapters" which are just a few active people who live in different regions talking about "getting together" once in awhile, then we stay just as unorganized as we are today. If that's all this membership wants then we already have it, Que Sera Sera.Edited by: John317
John317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 08:54 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by John317
KR, in my opinion you start with a basic club that has the clout of a larger number of constituents in order to gain RWI support. If we're are just an imaginary band of loosely formed "chapters" which are just a few active people who live in different regions talking about "getting together" once in awhile, then we stay just as unorganized as we are today. If that's all this membership wants then we already have it, Que Sera Sera.
I agree with you but of the 196 members we have around twenty of us who participate in the forum regularly and that probably is not enough to get the Redwood big wigs interested in supporting a club lets face it there were what maybe 10 people who had input in the name of the club that has not even been decided on yet. It sounds like we are looking for one person to be in charge of making any decisions for the club . How are we going to make sure that everyone has a voice that is my main concern here.

Old 04-07-2012, 09:04 PM   #16

John, I agree with KR. There are many senior members here whose deep involvement is signified by the number of points they have on this forum. This is an important decision to everybody who owns a Redwoodor has one on order. I don't think we're going to choose a President bymembers who happened to be logged-in this weekend replying "aye".

There should be some process to select a President amongst those who are obviously interested and involved.To me, this requires at least organizing on a regional level first. Eventually choosing a President from among the chapter leaders is a logical progression.

Not sure why you decided to push this so hard this weekend?? I feel like this "just blew in from the West..." What's the hurry? - especially since your candidate can't begin until August...
Mike & Pam '12 36RL, Kodiak Discs, 17.5" G114s H-Rated, SRE4000 w/HD Shackles, Joy Rider Shocks, Flex Air, 5.5 Onan, W&D, DW, 4 Scare Lights, (2) 6V Trojan T-145s; Progressive EMS-HW50C, Winegard DTV Sat, Sony 4K Home Theater, WiFiRanger EliteAC Pack, weBoost 4G-X Cell Booster.

'12 GMC 3500HD CC 4x4, DRW, DuraMax, Allison, Reese Elite 26.5K, Titan Tank 60 gal.
5th_Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:47 PM   #17

First of all let me apologize, I came from an RV club that was very well organized and the organization was very beneficial to the members so I apparently misread what I thought was enthusiasm for for such a club. I'm sorry that I let my enthusiasm get ahead of where you more Senior members want to go at this point. I defer to your Seniorority and wait and see what you decide on.
John317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 10:08 PM   #18
Site Team

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Ginny
Quote:
Margaret was not Canadian silly. They don't have rvs in the UK only caravans.
The English and the Canadians all have streets with queens on them as well as your money...so I just thought you're all related somehow.
Old 04-07-2012, 10:15 PM   #19

John317, Has there been any more contact with
Alexandria Trusov? If I recall correctly, Doug Richards said she would be the person at Redwood we'd deal with if we want to form an official club. Certainly we don't need factory support to form a club but giving them the option to partner with us during the early stages of the process may benefit us all.</span>
<div style="text-align: left;">

</span>
TravelinAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 10:17 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by John317
First of all let me apologize, I came from an RV club that was very well organized and the organization was very beneficial to the members so I apparently misread what I thought was enthusiasm for for such a club. I'm sorry that I let my enthusiasm get ahead of where you more Senior members want to go at this point. I defer to your Seniorority and wait and see what you decide on.
I also came from a well organized club but it seemed the members did not have much if any say in anything, so in my "OPINION " I think we should figure out a way to make sure everyone gets heard and has a say in the formation of the club regardless of member status.