Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-15-2015, 01:12 AM   #21

Welcome to the forum. We are new also but have had our 2013 36FB for two seasons now. We had several issues that Camping World (where we bought it) should have taken care of initially and after several trips back and forth, thy did. Redwood sent us replacement hinges for our cargo door as the original ones broke left me literally "holding the door". I replaced them myself with a piano hinge and have had no further problem.
I hope you enjoy yours as much as we do.

Retired and happy
Mike & Lizzy
2013 36FB Black & Silver w/ 2018 F350 Lariat LWB DRW Powerstroke
mjdcwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 05:53 AM   #22

Just curious, did RW furnish you a piano hinge or did you find a good one somewhere, if so where?
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 05:58 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjdcwo View Post
the original ones broke left me literally "holding the door".
Awful feeling isn't it! At first I wasn't even sure what to do, but after getting the other side to slide out I realized I could set it down. And of course all this right when we were buttoning up to go on 2 weeks vacation - grrr.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 02:26 PM   #24

I bought the piano hinge at a hardware store to get things back together. The replacements that Redwood sent were the same individual type but appeared to be a heavier replacement. I used them on the propane doors as I originally took them to get the cargo door back together so that we could get home from the campground. I just drove home that time without a propane door.

Retired and happy
Mike & Lizzy
2013 36FB Black & Silver w/ 2018 F350 Lariat LWB DRW Powerstroke
mjdcwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 03:14 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Char & Steve View Post
Hi I'm Char and my husband Steve are new here. I posted for the first time last night as being a newbie I have tons of questions. Steve and I bought our RW 36FL out of Virginia from Mcgeorge's about a month ago. We live in CT. We weren't in the market but on our way back from Myrtle Beach we saw the RV dealer from the highway decided to pull in and stayed the night in a local campground...We traded in a Class A so this is also our very first fifth wheel. As soon as we walked into it we fell in love!!! Bummer was we couldn't take it home with us as we didn't even own a truck yet. Then we had to wait until they could get it delivered to us and after about a month and making the first payment we received it. Within a two week span we bought our RW and I traded in my 2013 Range Rover Evoque for a 2011 F350 Super Duty Lariat dually w/Power Stroke Diesel with 17,000 miles on it, we couldn't pass it up....what a life change.
We've had issues since day one but Redwood said they would take care of everything, Awning won't open, lose wires on slides, heater fan making noises etc etc...My husband has been very calm through the whole thing and says as soon as they find someone close enough to bring it to they will take care of all of it...so we'll take the word of Redwood and see what happens. I'm in Quality so I have that hat on and was disappointed at the service department at the dealers for not going through it like they said they did. Were 9 hours away if it was closer it would have been back the same weekend so they could deal with it instead of us. Looking forward to taking it out but nervous also as it's just over 40 ft. and tall !! lol.. won't be going over the palisades highway with this lol.. now just need a hitch
Char and Steve!

On behalf of Redwood and CrossRoads, let me congratulate you guys on this exciting new chapter in your life. This forum is an excellent way to learn tips and tricks, as well as get feedback from fellow RVers.

I am SO sorry for the issues you are starting off with, but let me say that we are working really hard to make sure that our customers with warranty issues aren't "left out to dry". That being said, if your dealership is unable to get you the help and repairs you need, please private message me!

Also, if you are seeking further connections with Redwood owners, find us on Facebook and on our blog clubcrossroads | Your family. Your dreams. Your adventures..

Best of Luck!
Christian
ChristianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 10:55 PM   #26

Char, Steve welcome to the RW family. I have a 38 GK and love it. We have had some minor issues and RW have been good to us. In fact a couple of issues with non RW item, where the item had a one year Warrenty, RW took care of it under their two year Warrenty. Give them a chance and stay on top of the service provider to get it right. I sure you will have many years of enjoyment.
Old 07-01-2015, 08:05 PM   #27

Hello all! new RW owners here and cant wait till next Friday when we actually become official ! Been RV'ing close to 30 years with several different campers with the last one being a 40' KZ Montego Bay. I have been lurking , reading and learning on this site for some time now... We cant wait till we become official!
With us leaving for a 3 week camping trip within days of getting the camper , I am pretty sure I will be on here asking a lot of stuff !!
Joe
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 08:17 PM   #28

Can't wait to hear about your experience! We too are leaving for an extended vacation right after our 36RL arrives! Looking forward to hearing about your delivery! Congrats on the new RW!!
Bogey3025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 08:51 PM   #29

Congrats Ford truck guy...you will really be happy with RW. Be let us know how your delivery goes, and feel free to ask questions on the Fourm. As you know, there is a huge pool of experienced RW owners standing by to share information. Welcome to the RW family!
Bob and Debbie (both retired) with Senior FurBabies Grizz (a German Shepherd mix) and Bailey (a Lab mix)...and sometimes a Grandkiddo or 2! Full Time RVers since July 2013 Redwood: 2012 36FL with sliding patio doors
Tow Vehicle: 2011 Chevy Silverado 3500 HD with 6.6 DuraMax Dually
Grizzby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 09:54 PM   #30

Thanks to ALL .. I am sure I will be asking , as up till now all my trailers have had 100% manual things...
I have never worked the level up system... do I need to still put 2" blocks under the 1 side tires if the site is that level?? Or will it really do it all?
About the fridge and inverter.. do I turn off the inverter as soon as I plug into shore power?? and turn it on as soon as I unplug to leave for a trip ? If I am on the road for 10 hrs , will the batteries last that long , or are they being charged by the truck? sorry for all the questions.. BUT YOU ASKED !! :-)
Old 07-01-2015, 10:09 PM   #31

I have 1 set of Lynx Levelers & use occasionally if the site is way off level, I got rid of all the lumber I use to carry with me. The level up system is fantastic, it will be on any/every rv I may own from now on.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 11:49 PM   #32

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford truck guy View Post
Thanks to ALL .. I am sure I will be asking , as up till now all my trailers have had 100% manual things...
I have never worked the level up system... do I need to still put 2" blocks under the 1 side tires if the site is that level?? Or will it really do it all?
About the fridge and inverter.. do I turn off the inverter as soon as I plug into shore power?? and turn it on as soon as I unplug to leave for a trip ? If I am on the road for 10 hrs , will the batteries last that long , or are they being charged by the truck? sorry for all the questions.. BUT YOU ASKED !! :-)
Welcome to the group.
The only time you would need blocking under your jacks is if your site is very unlevel as the legs only go down so far. You do not have to drive your tires up on planks unless it is so bad that when the trailer levels the tire on that side is low is off the ground. As far as the invertor it is automatic. It shuts off when hooked to shore power and turns on and runs off the battery's when unplugged. With a good set of battery's they will run for a couple days if only using the fridge.
Old 07-06-2015, 01:37 PM   #33

Thanks Shane Wood ,

that answers a few of my questions! It will be a tough week as the camper hit the dealers lot Friday while I was away .. we will not have time to go look at it until Saturday when we go to get it...!
Old 09-05-2015, 06:02 AM   #34

Talking

Welcome Char & Steve, congratulations on your new Redwood!!
Dale and I have had our RW for two months now and are still pinching ourselves that it's ours. We've had to replace screws , adjust, straighten.... we were very disappointed in the PDI on our unit and the service staff, but we love our RW more everyday.
Dale & Tracey Fietz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 05:30 PM   #35

Thanks Dale & Tracey but I think we should be saying that to you. Welcome and were all happy to have you in the group...and what and awesome group of people we have here. There's more info than you could imagine on this site. Your on a post I started back in November of last year when we were new owners with a ton of questions. It's like going to the library when you log on someone will have an answer for ya
Like a lot of others we've had plenty of issues but we love our RW it's awesome. We can't go anywhere without getting compliments, it makes you real proud pulling into any campground when your pulling in with a Redwood. They are stunning
Again welcome to the Redwood family!
Char
Old 09-12-2015, 04:55 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Char & Steve View Post
Thanks Dale & Tracey but I think we should be saying that to you. Welcome and were all happy to have you in the group...and what and awesome group of people we have here. There's more info than you could imagine on this site. Your on a post I started back in November of last year when we were new owners with a ton of questions. It's like going to the library when you log on someone will have an answer for ya
Like a lot of others we've had plenty of issues but we love our RW it's awesome. We can't go anywhere without getting compliments, it makes you real proud pulling into any campground when your pulling in with a Redwood. They are stunning
Again welcome to the Redwood family!
Char
Thank you Char & Steve, your so right about what an awesome group of people there are in this group. Everyone has been so helpful and welcoming

Dale & Tracey
Dogs; Ringa & Callie
2015 38RL
2012 Dodge Limited
Dale & Tracey Fietz is offline   Reply With Quote