Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-08-2015, 06:03 AM   #1

New to RW Owners Manual?!?!?

Thanks to everyone for ur information to us Newbies!!!! Second nite in our 2012 36 FL and can I say what a learning process!!! We have been camping for 25+ yrs and I can honestly say camping has been one of the best ways to raise our 3 children!!! Great times! We are getting ready to be full-timers, after all these years of camping!!! Started in a tent and now our 5th wheel, this is a learning process! It seems every change brings new learning experience! We have bought our RW from a private seller so my question is... How do we learn about this new camper??? RW Owner Manual online is very generic!!! Any suggestions??? Where Can we find one more specific ?!? We did not get a dealer walk thru!!! Our bedroom TV works but the front LR TV does not hook to cable?!?! Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!! Already love this new home of ours!!!!
queencorn64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 01:47 PM   #2

I have the books and they are very generic - certainly nothing specific to each model, so it is a trial and error learning experience, I typically don't bother with the manuals and come ask these experienced people here !

And if you have experience with camping,
I assume you know that the tv booster has to be off for cable and satellite and on for antenna....

And the tv may have to be switched to a different 'source' or 'input' or 'antenna' for cable ?

but if one works and the other doesn't, it's probably cabling...
I would start with running a cable direct from the source into rv to the tv to prove the tv works on cable....
then start tracing from the source to ensure the signal reaches the first connection in the utility area, then check the connections from there on...

good luck, and hopefully this is the only issue you find !!!
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 08:58 PM   #3

We bought used from a dealer. We got the walkaround, but still were kind of information saturated. We also have all of the USELESS manuals. There have hardly been any moments where the manuals came in handy. If I were about 0 years younger, I would offer to write some good, model-specific manuals for Redwood.
This forum is super-helpful and a great source for info. If you posted where you are located, I'll bet you there would be another RW owner close that you could get with. I wish you wonderful and safe travels.
Doug
TexasRver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 09:51 PM   #4

The absolute best manual for beginners is .... Here!
BasilFawlty is offline   Reply With Quote