Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-19-2014, 02:21 PM   #1

New Owner Redwood 36FL

Just purchased a 2014 36FL. I will pick it up this Friday. Dealer had to order the washer and dryer stack. From reading on forum seems like several owners have had issues from washer drain not being plummed correct. Any info on issues would be great so I can address them with dealer before i leave with unit!!
mitch.smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 02:37 PM   #2

I believe most of the issues were with the 36RL where the plumbing is routed under the bed.

We have the W/D prep package, but I capped the fittings and shelved the cupboard to provide additional storage.

Enjoy your FL, it is a great floorplan and welcome to the forum

Andy & Judi, Canine Companions Duke & Kona
2012 F350 Lariat CC SRW Airlift 5000 |2013 RW 36FL Winegard Trav'ler
Travel Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
Oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 08:45 PM   #3

Congratulations and Welcome to the Redwood Family

Always glade to hear about new owners coming on board. Congratulations on the purchase of your 36fl. We have the 38fl which is simular to your floor plan and we love it. We hope to have the opportunity sometime to see you on the highways and byways of this great nation.
JellyStonePark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 10:21 PM   #4

New owner

We are new owners as of today. Just bought the 38GK. Also new to 5th wheeling - had a travel trailer previously.
Steve&Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 03:02 AM   #5

Steve & Gina,

Welcome to the forum and enjoy that new coach. Where are you heading for the first outing?

Old 02-20-2014, 03:14 AM   #6

Congratulations!! Enjoy that new Redwood!
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 03:40 AM   #7
Site Team

VERY happy for you!
Old 02-20-2014, 12:28 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriana View Post
Steve & Gina,

Welcome to the forum and enjoy that new coach. Where are you heading for the first outing?
Guelph Lake (Guelph, Ontario) May 1st. Cannot wait!!!
Steve&Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 02:13 PM   #9

Mitch, Steve & Gina,

Welcome to the rapidly expanding group of Redwood owners and welcome to the forum. This is a great resource for owners of Redwoods. Good luck.
Old 02-21-2014, 07:56 PM   #10

great hear that another Canadian is also a Redwooder. maybe you can join us at Huron Shores for the may long weekend mini rally..

Good luck and all the best

Bud and Lois
Old 02-21-2014, 09:52 PM   #11

One of the few and proud who has a 36FL. Congratulations on your choice. We just got back from our first trip of 2014. This time we heard our suround sound for the first time. AWESOME!!!
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 12:03 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindrift View Post
One of the few and proud who has a 36FL. Congratulations on your choice. We just got back from our first trip of 2014. This time we heard our suround sound for the first time. AWESOME!!!
Where did you go, hopefully somewhere warm.

Old 02-22-2014, 11:41 AM   #13

Someplace warm? HaHa...not really. In the middle of this nasty weather we decided to think summer so we traveled down to the Chesapeake Bay and stayed at Elk Neck State Park in Maryland (highly recommended). We figured if we ate enough Blue Claws we'd force the changing of seasons. It didn't work...the changing of the seasons that is, but we had a fantastic time. We were literally the only campers in the entire park. I wonder why?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Elk Neck SP.jpg (210.8 KB, 6 views)
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 01:38 PM   #14

OMG! couldn't survive, would need the furnace on full with the fireplace and additional space heaters.

Mid 80's every day down here.

Old 02-22-2014, 02:21 PM   #15
Site Team

Quote:
Someplace warm? HaHa...not really. In the middle of this nasty weather we decided to think summer so we traveled down to the Chesapeake Bay and stayed at Elk Neck State Park in Maryland (highly recommended). We figured if we ate enough Blue Claws we'd force the changing of seasons. It didn't work...the changing of the seasons that is, but we had a fantastic time. We were literally the only campers in the entire park. I wonder why?

We've winter camped just for that reason.......nobody but us.
Old 02-25-2014, 04:30 AM   #16

Quote:
If I didn't know better I would have thought your picture was of our rig in the snow. That is exactly how our rig looks in our home sight in Iowa during the winter. We finally got smart and went to Florida for the winter

"75 FEET OF FUN ON THE RUN"
KR2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 08:28 PM   #17

Do a real good pre delivery inspection. check fit/finish on all woodwork/cabinets, have the dealer instruct on all system operations and appliances. Make sure you turn on refrigerator and use elec and gas options, turn on heater and AC units and make sure they work, take a TV with you and make sure you get reception to all tv connections that do not have a TV attached, check the vacumn cleaner and make sure a bag is in it (unit is in the cellar) check water filter to ensure a filter is emplaced, again, unit is in the cellar. Check battery boxes to ensure you have 2 batteries, extend the awnings and slide outs to ensure they work, extend the antenna and make sure it works with the TVs. If you have a satellite, turn it on and make sure it works, turn the dishwasher on (if you have one) and run it thru a full cycle. Turn on washer and dryer and run through a full cycle. Check paint on the outside, look down the side of the coach for overspray, clear coat not applied correctly, paint runs, etc Check the roof to see if the roof fabric has wrinkles (no wrinkles should be there) fill the grey and black tanks and go through the process of draining and flushing, fill fresh water tanks and turn off "city" water to see if water pump works, turn on hot water heater to see if it works (use gas and electric) Check if Gas Bottles are full. Check tire pressure. Have them instruct you on the operation of the Lippert Level Up system. Check to see if the fireplace works. I am sure there are a few more things but these should help you check your new unit out.
Old 03-02-2014, 12:07 PM   #18

COLJDM, your list sounds like all the most important things to look for. When we picked up our coach almost two years ago we did the same basic pre-flight. Just common sense items and don't let them rush you. Use your hands as if you were blind and feel, push, pull everything. A few minutes well spent. Our dealer went over my list and we had another half day to check out everything again.