Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-20-2012, 03:27 PM   #1

OMG is this a gorgeous rig!!! We did our PDI this morning and very few issues and all minor. Get to bring it home in the morning. We are so excited. We are former Montana owners 3400RL like so many other new redwood owners. We are happy people
Old 04-20-2012, 04:25 PM   #2

Congrats John/Carol!! Welcome to the forum.... we're really growing now.
TravelinAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:42 PM   #3

Can't believe how many of you owned Montana's I almost made the plunge last year on the FL. Thanks to that little bird in my head. Oh!�DW w - a - i - t and you will be rewarded. Thanks dear.
Old 04-20-2012, 06:03 PM   #4

Montanas are good rigs, we just wanted to stepup to a little higher class of unit.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 06:59 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by John/Carol
OMG is this a gorgeous rig!!! We did our PDI this morning and very few issues and all minor. Get to bring it home in the morning. We are so excited. We are former Montana owners 3400RL like so many other new redwood owners. We are happy people

John/Carol, congratulations!! Post some pictures once you have the time!
Old 04-20-2012, 08:34 PM   #6

Congratulations John & Carol on your new rig!! We also have a 36RL and are very happy with it. Hope you have many years of enjoyment and fun travels!!

'12 Ford F350 SD Fx4
fdmckee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:50 PM   #7

Congratulations John and Carol I know exactly how you feel we picked up our FL today all we can say is WOW! We to almost bought the Montana FL but we were just not convinced and man am I ever glad that we weren't convinced we are moving from a Montana 3650RK Mitchell we wanted a higher quality rig.

"75 FEET OF FUN ON THE RUN"
KR2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:04 PM   #8

Send a message via AIM to rseymour21
Congratulations John and Carol!
rseymour21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:23 PM   #9
Site Team

Quote:

Great John/Carol another midwest Redwood!
Old 04-21-2012, 04:49 AM   #10

Congrats! You will enjoy the new unit! Just like Christmas!
tompatty6670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 06:13 AM   #11
Site Team

Quote:

Another happy 36RL owner. Congratulations and enjoy!

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 07:24 AM   #12
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobys Home
Can't believe how many of you owned Montana's I almost made the plunge last year on the FL. Thanks to that little bird in my head. Oh!�DW w - a - i - t and you will be rewarded. Thanks dear.

A few years ago I almost bought a Montana but I didn't like all of the stickers on the outside. I felt the same way about the Big Country and the Heartland Rushmore.After all my research on the quality of Redwood and then they offered Full body paint.....the deal was sealed. Next week she gets her first wax job, I figure it'll take a full weekend and half a bottle of Jack as well as several bags of sunflower seeds.
Old 04-21-2012, 08:01 AM   #13

It will take two days for sure.. you may need a day in between sides to let your arm recover. My right arm wasn't the same for days.... Sort of like.... nevermind
Old 04-21-2012, 10:23 PM   #14
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelinAnderson
It will take two days for sure.. you may need a day in between sides to let your arm recover. My right arm wasn't the same for days.... Sort of like.... nevermind

Yea that's rightbut less kleenex
Old 04-22-2012, 04:32 AM   #15

I am trading in a 40ft MH for my redood and the thought of having to wax that front end means another ladder. I like yourselves usually take two days. Wax on wax off-Two hands works faster. Plus your working arm isn't jealous of the slacker arm. Put them both to work. Buy the way I also have to do AL2 rims. Now that's where the time is spent. Plus sitting in the milking stool position is quit a thrill with bad knees. Good luck and kick one back for me. Hope to be in your shoes in a couple of weeks. (Aleve 2 tablets)
Old 04-22-2012, 08:39 AM   #16

You might check with the factory it might be to soon to wax they usually want 90 days before you wax to let the paint cure.

"75 FEET OF FUN ON THE RUN"
KR2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:43 AM   #17
Site Team

My son was in the car painting business for 10 years. He's getting me some wax that body shops use to help me. The main thing he said was to be sure to wipe the bugs off of the front of these daily because the clear Cote is soft and the bugs have a type of acid in them.
Old 04-22-2012, 11:02 AM   #18

Bugs on acid?? No wonder they are committing suicide on the front of my Redwood. Poor critters
Old 04-22-2012, 11:55 AM   #19

I received an email from a friend regarding the use of WD-40 and one of the uses was to remove bugs from vehicles. See information below:

Ken East (one of the original founders) says there is nothing in WD-40 that would hurt you... When you read the 'shower door' part, try it.Â* It's the first thing that has ever cleaned that spotty shower door.Â* If yours is plastic, it works just as well as glass.Â* It's a miracle!Â* Then try it on your stove top .... Viola!Â* It's now shinier than it's ever been.Â* You'll be amazed.Â*Â*WD-40 uses:
1. Protects silver from tarnishing.
2. Removes road tar and grime from cars.
Â*3. Cleans and lubricates guitar strings.
Â*4. Gives floors that 'just-waxed' sheen without making them slippery.
Â*5. Keeps flies off cows.
Â*6. Restores and cleans chalkboards.
Â*7. Removes lipstick stains.
Â*8. Loosens stubborn zippers.
Â*9. Untangles jewelry chains.
Â*10. Removes stains from stainless steel sinks.
Â*11. Removes dirt and grime from the barbecue grill.
Â*12. Keeps ceramic/terra cotta garden pots from oxidizing.
Â*13. Removes tomato stains from clothing.
Â*14. Keeps glass shower doors free of water spots.
Â*15. Camouflages scratches in ceramic and marble floors.
16. Keeps scissors working smoothly.
Â*17. Lubricates noisy door hinges on vehicles and doors in homes.
Â*18. It removes black scuff marks from the kitchen floor! Use WD-40 for those nasty tar and scuff
marks on flooring. ItÂ*Â*doesn't seem to harm the finish and you won't have to scrub nearly as hardÂ*Â*
to get them off. Just remember to open some windows if you have a lot of marks.
19. Dead bugsÂ* bugs will eat away the finish on your car if not removed quickly! Use WD-40!
20. Gives a children's playground gym slide a shine for a super fast slide.
21. Lubricates gear shift and mower deck lever for ease of handling on riding mowers...
22. Rids kids rocking chairs and swings of squeaky noises.
23. Lubricates tracks in sticking home windows (and sliding doors), and makes them easier to open..
24. Spraying an umbrella stem makes it easier to open and close.
25. Restores and cleans padded leather dashboards in vehicles, as well as vinyl bumpers.
26. Restores and cleans roof racks on vehicles.
27. Lubricates and stops squeaks in electric fans.
28. Lubricates wheel sprockets on tricycles, wagons, and bicycles for easy handling.
29. Lubricates fan belts on washers and dryers and keeps them running smoothly.
30. Keeps rust from forming on saws and saw blades, and other tools.
31. Removes splattered grease on stove.
32. Keeps bathroom mirror from fogging.
33. Lubricates prosthetic limbs.
34. Keeps pigeons off the balcony (they hate the smell).
35. Removes all traces of duct tape.
36.Â* Folks even spray it on their arms, hands, and knees to relieve arthritis pain.
37. Â*FloridaÂ*'s favorite use is: 'cleans and removes love bugs from grills and bumpers.'
38. The favorite use in the state of New York , WD-40 protects the Statue of Â*LibertyÂ*Â* from the elements.
39.Â* WD-40 attracts fish.Â* Spray a little on live bait or lures andÂ*you will be catching the big one inÂ*no time.
Also, it's a lot cheaper than the chemical attractants that are made for just thatÂ*purpose.Â* Keep in mind though,
using some chemical laced baits or lures for fishing are not allowed in some states.
40. Use it for fire ant bites.. It takes the sting away immediately and stops the itch.
41. WD-40 is great for removing crayon from walls.Â* Spray on the mark and wipe with a clean rag.
42. Also, if you've discovered that your teenage daughter has washed and dried a tube of lipstick with a
load of laundry,Â*saturate the lipstick spots with WD-40 and rewash.Â* Presto!Â* The lipstick is gone!
43. If you sprayed WD-40 on the distributor cap, it would displace the moisture and allow the car to start.
P.S. The basic ingredient is FISH OIL.
Â*
Old 04-22-2012, 01:13 PM   #20

WOW! Haley's hints for WD-40
This has been part of our lives since it came on the market. Only problem is it's residual capabilities. You have to use itmorre often. Thanks for the tips