Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-01-2012, 10:16 AM   #1

Thanks to everyone on the forum here, we picked up our 2013 36RL Saturday. Wow! We love it and couldn't be happier. Moved up from an 08 Montana to the Redwood. After the 3 hour pull back, we set it up and spent the night in it. Can't wait for the long up coming weekend. Some things we had issues with, two rear slides were crooked, taken care of by dealer, emergency window wouldn't open, fixed by dealer, and the now infamous missing second battery. They did add the second battery, but wasn't until we were set up that I found out it is not the two gold cart batteries I thought were going in. Two things I feel should have been, 1) with no generator in place, the storage area has a big hole in it where the generator goes, will have to cover it and 2) with a higher level 5er like this, would have been nice to have the ability to fill the fresh water tank with a valve like in the Montana's. Had the issues determining which satellite wires went to the outside panel area and no idea what the third wire goes to yet. Anyone with Dish and dual receiver know how to feed the bedroom tv from the receiver? Thank you all for all the great information on this forum.
Radio_Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:16 PM   #2

Nice to see you didn't have to many delivery issues,better yet the dealer addressed them.We are picking up our 40KB sometime this week.Thanks to everyones experiences with there RWs we will have a long checklist to start with.Good luck with your new one and safe travels.
CampingCouple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:02 PM   #3

Thank you. It was a short list. We bought ours at the Hershey Show. Saw the 40KB, it was long and beautiful.

USN Retired

Old 10-01-2012, 09:37 PM   #4

We also got ours at Hershey.I assume you picked yours up at the Holiday Inn delivery area?If so were they set up to do minor adjustments or repairs.Hopefully it will go smoothly for us.Waiting for Diane Pope to call us in the morning to set up day and time this week.They most have sold everything that they allocated for the event.Our saleman was from Florida and he said he did eight special orders besides what deals he was doing all week.Should be plenty of RWs on the road later this year.I will post as to how we make out later this week.
Old 10-02-2012, 05:56 AM   #5

Too funny. Diane was our rep as well. The Holiday Inn setup is a little hectic but they have a swarm of techs doing all the work. You will probably get Jim for your PDI. Funny guy and he goes over everything with you. It takes awhile for everything, we spent about 3 hours there all together. Good Luck.

USN Retired

Old 10-02-2012, 06:27 AM   #6

That is funny,should be interesting
Thanks
Old 10-02-2012, 08:25 PM   #7

As for the Dish dual receiver... we use a HDMI cable for the main tv and a standard coax for the bedroom tv.
As you may have noticed they don't mark any one the coax terminals so it's a little bit of a guessing game. I'm not at my trailer right now but I think the bottom one goes back to the bedroom and the top one is for your main tv's antenna.
TravelinAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:01 PM   #8

Thats great news. I too am using the HDMI cable for the main tv. We will be camping this weekend and I'll give it a shot. I knew there had to be a way.

USN Retired

Old 10-03-2012, 07:47 AM   #9

We ordered a 38 BRfrom the Hershey show, Had a CW salesman named Allen Hill (Buzz) nice guy.here's my deal... We signed a paper at the show with our options and extras we needed, gave them our financial info and two weeks after the showknewing nothing of what was going on.I called Diane last week and she said they just put the order into Redwood, I thinkCW could keep the buyer a little more infomed as to what is going on why should I have to call them? I have bought much less expensive rv's through a local dealer and was kept very informed of the process of whats next. I am tired of leaving voicemail & textand no one returns my calls. I decided to call Buzz yesterday and he said he would find out whats going on and let me know asap. He told me he doesn't make his commission until delivery is made. I am in no rush to take delivery of our unit, I just want to be informed a little better. has anyone else had an issue with CW or is it just me?
Amishco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:55 AM   #10

Also who was the dealer you picked your unit up from?? Grumbine RV??
Amishco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:32 AM   #11

Communications and Camping World don't go together. I've had problems with them before when ordering parts. Tried to order the second AC for our Montana, paid for up front,and didn't hear anything, called after 3 weeks and was told they ordered the wrong one and had to reorder. Another couple of weeks and still nothing. So contacted a private RV Service Center and had the AC and Sat dish installed in a couple of weeks (sat dish was on back order or install would have been sooner). So now we'll buy from CW when items are on sale, but no order of large purchases.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:47 AM   #12

Yes it was from Grumbine and Diane Pope was the person taking care of ordering, paperwork and any financing going on. Not making excuses because good communication is key to everything, but CW probably had 80% of all the dealerships under them at the show. We were told that they were moving 40 units a day from sales at the show. That is a lot of sales and maybe too much. Our unit was intercepted in route to McGeorges in VA which made our delivery easier. We are still waiting on our second awning (to be delivered and installed at our campground) and word back about compensation for our Trail Air pin box.
USN Retired