Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-12-2012, 08:26 PM   #1

I got the call today that our new 36FL has arrived at the dealership a week early! Were so excited. Now its going to make the next couple weeks Very Loooong waiting to go and pick it up! Went on the dealers web site tonight and was able to check out pictures of it after it came in. She's alittle dirty but hey its was just delivered.
Looks like everything is their Except the FRONT WINDOW IN THE LEFT FRONT SLIDE!!!!! We can't believe it. Everything is there but the window. Now what to do? I know they just cant install the window because of the aluminum structure inside the walls. At least that's what I was told when I asked if they could install the window after it was built. The factory said it needed to go in during build and not after it was built. Oh Im so upset right now. Sorry for the rant..

I think what happened is when I asked to have the window installed or ordered, they must have had 36FL on order for stock and those are the ones that have the front window and our's didn't get the front window like it was supposed to. The dealer has 2 in stock on the lot with front windows. So So so BUMMED right now.....

Full Timers in our 2013 36FL with MoRryde 8000# IS suspension. Pulled by 2012 Sport Chassis with Hensley Trailer Saver Hitch.
UNDRPSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 06:06 AM   #2

Sorry to hear about your issue. This is the second or third time new owners have reported this problem of late options, add-ons or special requests not being incorporated. Sometimes it's the dealer that drops the ball. I was fortunate that my add-ons were incorporated in the build, butI always asked for a confirmation back in writing on each item. This document probably gets addedinto the build file for the unit.

So for future owners...this gets back to that old adage. When requesting something non-standard - like a late option, add-on or a custom work request - be sure to get a written acknowledgement back from Redwood"in writing"- not from the dealer. Edited by: 5th_Time
Mike & Pam '12 36RL, Kodiak Discs, 17.5" G114s H-Rated, SRE4000 w/HD Shackles, Joy Rider Shocks, Flex Air, 5.5 Onan, W&D, DW, 4 Scare Lights, (2) 6V Trojan T-145s; Progressive EMS-HW50C, Winegard DTV Sat, Sony/Denon 4K Home Theater, WiFiRanger EliteAC Pack, weBoost 4G-X Cell Booster.

2022 RAM 3500 Limited CC, LB, 4x4, DRW, Max Tow, Cummins HO, AISIN, 4.10, Mopar 30K w/OEM Prep, Transfer Flow 70gal Aux Tank/Toolbox.
5th_Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 06:50 AM   #3

Congrats on the rig and sorry to hear about the window issue.
I'm not so sure the window can't be added post build and here's the reason why. I pressed against the wall where the window would mounted and there is no framing behind the area where the window would be. It looks like a simple task to cut a hole and install the window. I want to retrofit a window on both sides of the slide out on our 36FL.
TravelinAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 05:17 PM   #4

Good newsThey can install the window post build with no problems. Our saleman was on the phone first thing this morning about it and Redwood assued him that it indeed could be installed. That they were sorry that there was a mix up and would be sending the window and related items and someone to install it ASAP!
Makes you feel good that they are (both factory and dealer) working to get this taken care of ASAP!
THANK YOU REDWOOD!!!!!

Mike I never got anything from the factory about conformation as to the options I wanted. Only a P/S from the dealer from the begining.

Steve I thought about adding the second window but I didnt want to look at the kitchen slide all the time. I figure when I turn on all 4 Max Fans to exhaust that when I open only a couple windows in the front I should get a nice breese from the 3 windows up there.

15 days 13 hours 46 mins till hook up. Let the count down begin!

Full Timers in our 2013 36FL with MoRryde 8000# IS suspension. Pulled by 2012 Sport Chassis with Hensley Trailer Saver Hitch.
Old 06-15-2012, 06:30 AM   #5

Caution..other posts from Sebastians contain malware
Old 06-15-2012, 09:58 AM   #6

Tell me what other Forums allow Guests to post??????????????????????????????????
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 10:27 AM   #7

They weren't guests when they posted... They were a member named Sebastians.
After checking out their post I created a new post warning people that some of the SPAM we are enduring contain links to dangerous malware. In it I advised people to get an anti-malware program because anti-virus software doesn't always catch malware. Google "malware" and see how dangerous it can be.
I just checked to see if there were any replies to it and noticed that the Admins deleted my post and changed "Sebastians'" member name to "Guests"
Obviousy deleting posts that warn users of potential risks to us and then changing the name of hit and run members that post spam and malware is the "solution" the Admins promised us weeks ago. Way to go Admins... I tip my hat to ya for a job well done. (sarcasm intended)

This SPAM has become a danger to anyone that clicks a link thinking it will take them to some great source of knowledge only to find they've been infected with a keylogger that secretly records your keystrokes then emails the log file to someone wanting to steal you ID and passwords.. particularly risky if, like many of us, you do your banking online or make credit card purchases online.

This is a serious issue that needs serious steps to deal with it and telling us that "we're looking into solutions" isn't cutting it anymore. Deleting the posts of a member trying to warn other members of potential dangers isn't a solution either.

Protect yourselves.... you're the only one that can.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:08 PM   #8

Thanks for the heads up. Now what do you do to get rid of it or check to see if you have it?

Old 06-15-2012, 10:10 PM   #9
Dan

Thanks steve YOU have done an excellant jobkeepingon top of this spam problem even when REDWOODburiestheir head in the sand, agan thanks for the info

Dan

07 Dodge 3500, Exhaust Brake, Edge Programer, Killer "B" Turbo
13 RL ALL options except Gen and W/D
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 05:54 AM   #10

Chuck, I downloaded a trial version of MalwareBytes Anti-Malware. It can scan your system for existing malware and protect from future attacks. There are other programs available that may be as good or better at protecting you.
I don't recommend one anti-malware program over another but I do recommend getting one sooner rather than later.

FYI... I just noticed the anti-malware references I made in this post are highlighted blue and link to amazon and some other site that sells software. I'm sorry they showed up butI didn't create these links... the forum software, Web Wiz, must do it. Would that be considered SPAM??

Edited by: TravelinAnderson
Old 06-24-2012, 06:40 PM   #11

ONLY 3 DAYS LEFT before we leave to go pick our's up. Boy I hate waiting!! I called the dealer the Thursday and asked how the window install was coming and........ it hasn't been installed yet! Getting a little concerened but I was assured It will be installed before we get there and done right. Trucks all done and ready for the trip. I finshed up the last day and half installing the on board compressor, air lines and wiring. Just waiting for the second elec. over air rocker switch to arrive to be installed. I want to add the second switch so I could control both air bags in the rear seperatly. I have the 60 gal Titan fuel tank and that will add 500 lbs more on the driver side. Wired up the plug in the bed. Boy its hard drilling that first hole. Drilling the 1 1/2" hole wasn't bad but the 1/4" hole was the hardest. I was able to locate the plug just behind the wheel well mid way up the bed. Pluged in the short pig tail adaptor that sends power to the 5th wheel and also has a jumper wire to the compressor for the fith wheel hitch. Everything worked as planned. Did I mention that we are very excited and can't wait. LOL

Steve I have a mac computer is this anti maleware still needed?

Old 06-24-2012, 08:38 PM   #12

I don't know enough about Macs to advise you on that but I'm sure that info can be found somewhere on the net...or is it referred to as "the cloud" now?

btw... congrats on the arrival of your new trailer.... I know you've been anxiously for this day to come.
Old 06-25-2012, 03:33 AM   #13

UNDRPSI, echo TravelinAnderson's congratulations... two more days. You must be sitting on pins and needles.

Don't forget your tire pressure gauge. Our 36RL was way under. You are probably already aware of this, but for Marathon tires bring them upto 80 psi, and for G-rated tires, put 110 psi in them.

Safe travels, Vic & CindyEdited by: Adamsvr
Adamsvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 03:44 AM   #14

As for the ride home, you'll probably notice alot of chucking in your hitch. Don't be overally concerned, it will stop after you load it with your personal stuff. Best of luck and enjoy! Edited by: Adamsvr
Adamsvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:47 AM   #15
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNDRPSI
ONLY 3 DAYS LEFT before we leave to go pick our's up. Boy I hate waiting!! I called the dealer the Thursday and asked how the window install was coming and........ it hasn't been installed yet! Getting a little concerened but I was assured It will be installed before we get there and done right. Trucks all done and ready for the trip. I finshed up the last day and half installing the on board compressor, air lines and wiring. Just waiting for the second elec. over air rocker switch to arrive to be installed. I want to add the second switch so I could control both air bags in the rear seperatly. I have the 60 gal Titan fuel tank and that will add 500 lbs more on the driver side. Wired up the plug in the bed. Boy its hard drilling that first hole. Drilling the 1 1/2" hole wasn't bad but the 1/4" hole was the hardest. I was able to locate the plug just behind the wheel well mid way up the bed. Pluged in the short pig tail adaptor that sends power to the 5th wheel and also has a jumper wire to the compressor for the fith wheel hitch. Everything worked as planned. Did I mention that we are very excited and can't wait. LOL

Steve I have a mac computer is this anti maleware still needed?
I'm not sure about maleware on Mac's but I have an office full of them (22) and I don't have any problems at all. With a Mac you don't have much of a problem with Viruses. We don't use any of that software on any of our computers except the PC's
Old 06-29-2012, 02:12 PM   #16

Well I broke the cardinal rule! NEVER SIGN The papers before you do your walk through! Or at least see it! Our dealer has pulled the camper back into the garage to try and find the electrical problems and to finish the prep! Salesman knew when we would be coming down to take delivery for over month. Today is the salesman day off and he asked someone else to help it there was trouble and there has been lots so far. Needless to say we are very dissopointed! Our dealer apologized and said that they were sorry that they had no excuses, and told me that they had dropped the ball! All we want is for it to be right. Sorry for ranting but have no place to go and been here all day and .... well just not the way I was hoping for today to go.

Old 06-29-2012, 02:32 PM   #17

Another apologetic dealer's "poor service" delivery story. You're in good company. Most delivery and service stories have been overwhelmingly negative. Such poor business people...I don't know what they're thinking. (Lillyputz, you can chime in any time!)

Anyway, just be thankful that you only have to buy one of these.
Mike & Pam '12 36RL, Kodiak Discs, 17.5" G114s H-Rated, SRE4000 w/HD Shackles, Joy Rider Shocks, Flex Air, 5.5 Onan, W&D, DW, 4 Scare Lights, (2) 6V Trojan T-145s; Progressive EMS-HW50C, Winegard DTV Sat, Sony/Denon 4K Home Theater, WiFiRanger EliteAC Pack, weBoost 4G-X Cell Booster.

2022 RAM 3500 Limited CC, LB, 4x4, DRW, Max Tow, Cummins HO, AISIN, 4.10, Mopar 30K w/OEM Prep, Transfer Flow 70gal Aux Tank/Toolbox.
Old 06-29-2012, 06:51 PM   #18

<blockquote ="cite">
<div style="text-align: left;">
</span></blockquote>

<blockquote ="cite">
<div style="text-align: left; ">Well there Making good Mike. But I should have asked to see our unit first. If nothing more then to do a quick walk through before the paper work. And I didn't and that is my fault. I asked about it but was told that everything was all set and going to be good by my saleman. First mistake. I think by really pressing to at least looking at it, it would have made them tell me that they had found a eletrical problem and were trying to solve it. Which I would have been all right with because I know they were working to fix it. I hate being lied too, or having other people think I cant handle the bad news. The more up front you are with me the better. I totally understand that stuff happens and needs to be fixed but dont hide it from me. Today I caught these guys with there pants down and wanted to know what the issues were. When the service manager finally came out to tell me what was going on I understood and told him to just take there time and make it right. They put us up in a very nice hotel and gave us gift cards for dinner and breakfast. They also offered to install the 4 Max turbo vent covers for me. I was going to install them myself but Im going to take them up on there offer.</span><div style="text-align: left; "></span><div style="text-align: left; ">So after I have cooled down, I think things will work out. I know it shouldn't have happened in the first place but things do and I think its all how you handle the bad news and how the dealer takes care of the mistake. So far we are pleased with how they are trying to correct the problem. Just wish they would have told us this morning at 10am instead of 3:30 this afternoon.</span></blockquote>

Old 06-29-2012, 08:32 PM   #19

Well, I'm sure you're still very excited to be so close to taking it home. Good luck to you and hope you are enjoying yourself in the new rig for the holiday. As you know, there are several FL "soothsayers" on this forum for FL-specific problems, as well as the rest of us for help on general issues. Let us know how you make out.

Old 06-29-2012, 08:34 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNDRPSI
Well I broke the cardinal rule! NEVER SIGN The papers before you do your walk through! Or at least see it! Our dealer has pulled the camper back into the garage to try and find the electrical problems and to finish the prep! Salesman knew when we would be coming down to take delivery for over month. Today is the salesman day off and he asked someone else to help it there was trouble and there has been lots so far. Needless to say we are very dissopointed! Our dealer apologized and said that they were sorry that they had no excuses, and told me that they had dropped the ball! All we want is for it to be right. Sorry for ranting but have no place to go and been here all day and .... well just not the way I was hoping for today to go.

Sounds like you bought it from Windish RV in Lakewood Colorado. No PDI. No Quality Control. detail was not done before our walk through on 4-24-12. We left to do the paper work and wait for there call, while they finished the detail and punch list repairs. picked it up many hours later. went to a rv camp ground. opened it up to discoverthey did not fix a dam thing, inside or paint out side. I was told, there walk through guy Gary did not even turn in our punch list ( I have since requested a copy of the punch list. Windish will not give me one ). after the walk through and lied about the tire pressure and why the TVs did not work. spent the next two days getting some repairs done. some they half assed. some not fixed. others, they did not know how to fix. others needed parts ordered. if they had bothered to do a PDI and or Quality Control. they would have found most of the problems.

We discovered many more problems on our 1100 mile trip home. it has been at a Crossroads dealer for repairs since 5-10-12. it should be done next week. then it has to go to a paint shop for about 10 to 14 days for paint and body repairs. I know. I've been a pain in Brians ass, but he has been doing alot to get everything taken care, so far.

I filed a complaint with BBB in Colorado against Windish RV and have inquired about the RVlemon law in Colorado.Windish hasoffered to buy the unit back. I told them. they could gladly have it back, if they paid for travel, insurance, sales tax, reg and license fees along with the sales cost and a apology for there lack of concern for the customer.

Shame on Windish RV. Ihave not heard from them since.

Lillyputz