Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-31-2015, 04:16 AM   #1

hello sad sad instroduction sorry

So I bought a 13 FL for me and wife bought for around 70
the trailer I bought is not what I got the driver destroyed it on his way to deliver It to me , and dealer wont do anything about it. here are some pictures and if you like the full story I will post it all with name of places.

13 redwood.JPG
[ATTACH][ATTACH]13 redwood.JPG

image5.JPG

image22.JPG

image2.JPG

image4.JPG[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]
Kaidocl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 04:34 AM   #2

Oh that's awful! I'm so sorry that you are going through this.

Who arranged for the delivery- you or the dealer?

What the heck happened?

(PS - welcome to the group!)
Old 08-31-2015, 05:23 AM   #3

We paid Dealer in Ocala Florida the full payment for the new trailer and the accepted our trade in witch was a 99 Fleetwood.

there was some money owed on the 99 and when we got all the paperwork done about july 18. the said trailer was shipping in the next 2 or 3 days took them over 2 weeks to ship with a never disclosed to me company name.

after not knowing where my trailer was I called about 30 times till the finally answered and said that driver had a very little issue with some tires blowing.
I kept calling dealer to they finally gave me drivers number and he said it was just little cosmetically damaged, after 2 days not seeing my trailer I called and asked what's going on here !! driver called me Sunday morning about 4.5 hrs from me saying if I wanted my trailer I needed to come get it on the side of the freeway because his truck had broken down.
So me and my 8 month pregnant wife drove to Laramie WY to get our trailer completely damaged on side of freeway.

I got back home and moved my old trade in to a different spot. parked my new trailer and set it up.
after another two weeks driver finally comes to Wyoming to my location to get trade in. guess what happen? he brakes down again on way back!! finally my trade in arrives to Ocala FL now the final battle!

I waited for 2 or 3 more weeks dealer does not answer phone calls emails or anything , step 2, I get a lawyer dealer agrees to pay my trade in off if I claim the damage on my own insurance.
I had to take my wife to emergency room twice since we made this deal cause she has diabetes type 1 and she can't be under stress during pregnancy for a dream of owing a redwood this has gone so so bad since day 1 and I would like to warn others from making this mistake with this people.
Old 08-31-2015, 07:23 AM   #4

Oh man!

Were you insured? Lots of Dealers want you to prepay before delivery and finish the paperwork to meet some "deadline" with the bank, but if you do you own it and are responsible for insurance. If so - its certainly fixable, looks mostly cosmetic, assuming there is no other out.

My first inclination would be to try to get out of the deal altogether. Sue the Dealer and Transporter, but in retrospect if they have already taken your trade, you own it. Fix it and forget it, looks like a beautiful coach.

You're wife shouldn't need to be chasing this with you - let her rest and find somebody to help you work it through.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 12:21 PM   #5

Makes me mad to see that...
Be sure and post the dealers and the carriers name and phone numbers so we can all call them and maybe we can all post how we would be thrilled to do business like that with him on his facebook page

My experience with a blowout indicates that's 99% of it is easily repairable
but your damage is not from a blowout and at this point it's too late to worry about that...

DOCUMENT EVERYTHING NOW... every phone call, every email, every name!

You are probably beyond upset too, but since you took possession of it and gave up your trade, you gave up a lot of your leverage...
all you can do is all you can do.
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 01:52 PM   #6

I agree with everything Atom Ant and johnboytwo have said. There's no point in commenting now on how I would have handled the situation as you involved an attorney and hopefully got a resolution that offers at least some satisfaction. It would probably be impossible to get total satisfaction in this scenario no matter what happened.

This is my advice: focus on a healthy pregnancy. Although we love our trailers and for many they are our homes, they are still just things. And no "thing" outweighs the importance of a life, or in this case, two lives. Your trailer will get fixed. Put it in the "this too shall pass" category and refuse to allow it to have anymore impact on what really matters - your family.
Old 08-31-2015, 03:04 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper Guy's Gal View Post
I agree with everything Atom Ant and johnboytwo have said. There's no point in commenting now on how I would have handled the situation as you involved an attorney and hopefully got a resolution that offers at least some satisfaction. It would probably be impossible to get total satisfaction in this scenario no matter what happened.

This is my advice: focus on a healthy pregnancy. Although we love our trailers and for many they are our homes, they are still just things. And no "thing" outweighs the importance of a life, or in this case, two lives. Your trailer will get fixed. Put it in the "this too shall pass" category and refuse to allow it to have anymore impact on what really matters - your family.
Beautifully Said!

On behalf of Redwood, Welcome to our family.

I HATE that this was your experience. RV's can be fixed, but it makes my heart hurt that you had such a bad experience both with your dealer and with your transport driver. The guys and gals on this forum will be such a valuable resource for you in the days ahead- lots of collective wisdom and experiences. Feel free to ask any question that pops to mind.

On a personal note, I am praying this morning for your sweet wife and baby. May this time be as stress-free as possible, and allow you to enjoy these days as your family grows.

Should you need any assistance from us at Redwood, please don't hesitate to ask.
ChristianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 03:26 PM   #8

Thanks for all the support I'm not trying to explain what I be doing next , I'm just saying be careful with who you do business and yes I have business experience and I was insured by my insurance also.
I work in Wyoming about 60+ hrs a week and I have called 10 body shops all over town and no one wants to work on it cause of the under damage and the gloss paint to match. There is 1 Rv place in town that has a opening to look at it on October 25 so till then I will just wait. By then I be in Idaho.
Besides that I love my redwood it's a very high quality coach with awesome features. Small things here and there but nothing serious my norcold fridge is not freezing on the non ice maker side but the website shows a recall on them.

I might need some help finding parts and panels.

Once again I know the kind of people that own a redwood and just be careful out there and thanks for the support
Old 08-31-2015, 03:31 PM   #9
Site Team

I think I would contact the Factory Service Center and ask for a recommendation from them for a body repair shop. Send good pictures. It might be worth the second transport trip (unlike the experience you had, most every transport driver is very good). The rig could probably be fixed quicker and better in a shop that does RV's. Also, the factory would be the best source for replacement panels.
Old 08-31-2015, 03:51 PM   #10

Agreed, probably better to get it to the service center or a larger metropolis. Several large outfits in Denver area, but they are in their busiest time of year.
Old 08-31-2015, 04:14 PM   #11

Whether you took delivery or not, does the transport company not have any liability insurance? I can't believe any dealer, even a sorry one like this one, would even consider a transporter without insurance. And to leave it on the side of the road, what a bunch of idiots!!
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 06:02 PM   #12

Would you all think it be better to squirt it to avoid damage till I get it fixed? I think Salt Lake City 3 hrs from me could fix it closer to winter too.
Old 08-31-2015, 06:20 PM   #13

I would cover the exposed areas. Fortunately it appears all the damage is below the seam where the J-panel is rather than the gel coat. Just avoid tape or screws on the upper gel coat as that gets costly to fix.
Old 08-31-2015, 06:21 PM   #14

In looking closer at the photos, are both sides damaged? One spot looks they side swiped something & another one looks like blowout damage.
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
Old 08-31-2015, 06:33 PM   #15

Ya I was thinking it was both sides, and they cut the J-panel off the one side to clear the tires so they could keep rolling.

Can't tell what kind of tires those are, but I would also check those to make sure they are rated proper for the load. The transporter may have pulled him off his wife's Buick!
Old 08-31-2015, 11:05 PM   #16

If you do use tape, use the clear awning repair tape. According to my detail guy, it will not leave a residue.
Old 09-01-2015, 12:42 AM   #17

Sorry to see this!!
Do you know if the blowouts were the Goodyear Marathon tires?? If so and if you have the old ones you may be able to talk with Goodyear for repairs.

Steve
Old 09-01-2015, 01:29 AM   #18

Wow, I am sorry to hear of your experience. I agree with the other posts, but you paid for a service that you did not get. The fact you had to pick up your RW on the side of the road indicates you did not receive the service you paid for, and at a minimum you should be refunded for that. Also, we all know blow outs happen, but this happened during the transporters watch, and his company should be using their insurance to fix your RW.
I'm sure you are busy, but I would post your experience with the BBB, and any other place you can. I would like to know the name of the transporter so I can ensure no one I know will use them.
I hope you guys will soon get this all behind you and you get to enjoy your new RW. I have had mine for a year and we just can't get out enough. We love ours. A few bugs we will need to get fixed, but nothing major.
Good Luck
2015 Polaris RZR 900
danrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 03:46 AM   #19

For everyone here to know :
So the dealer was America choice rv
owner is Scott and Cody, Scott actually started replying to my emails at the very end trying to solve the problem but nothing besides what he needed to do by law witch was making my pay off.
Dominic Calabro salesman (Fired) during process, and Redwood factory manager recommended him personally as a outstanding and awesome salesman. I think most of this issues where out of his hands.
Sandra: she was a financial approval and she was very good and she help us as much as she could non of the problems where not in her department.

Dan Murray finance manager that would answer his phone and deny to be him and hang up even when his voicemail would say this is Dan Murray please leave a message.

thanks for all of you supporting this issue I have all paperwork and voice mails emails text anything you need to be sure this is a true story!
and if I was ever challenged to re assure someone here I will post all of this.
Old 09-01-2015, 04:05 AM   #20

If anyone else should be fired it ought to be the idiot transport driver that left it at the side of the road.
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined