Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-21-2013, 12:17 AM   #21

Hoosierguy,
We’re fron New England and not used to the heat. BUT we’ll take the Texas heat any time compared to the the heat up their. I’ve been outside working and (waxing) our camper the last couple weekends and I don’t mind it. Actually it’s been beautiful here better then in NH. When they say its humid here, its not compared to the northeast. 95, 98 degrees is just that. In NH when it was 95 or 98 it has a heat index of 107 to 110 depending on humidity. Humidity make it miserable up there. Yes the sun is hot here but most of the time there is a breeze and it's cooler in the shade. Don’t be afraid come on out. When you planing to come through? We’re headed to IN. Aug. 2 or 3rd.

Full Timers in our 2013 36FL with MoRryde 8000# IS suspension. Pulled by 2012 Sport Chassis with Hensley Trailer Saver Hitch.
UNDRPSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 12:08 PM   #22

I wouldn't have too high of expectations about theriverwalk--- has really gone downhill since it opened (IMHO)

And given that we live in North Texas, I too am interested in what it takes to cool them down

with a generator, that's a good idea to fire it up an hour out of your destination...

without, do you open the roof vents and turn the exhaust fans on ?

that would get it closer to ambient temps, but still.... I like it in the high 60's low 70's !!!Edited by: johnboytoo
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote