Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 02-25-2012, 08:48 AM   #11
Member
 
Flyfisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 50
I fish the North Platte near Saratoga every year. I grew up in Sinclair Wyomingj which is only 40 miles from Saratoga and 6 miles from the Platte. I sunk my drift boat just below Saratoga last summer. That was exciting!, I am willing tc help with trip planning if someone would take the point. Dave, how would you feel about being point man?For us any place within a days drive from Denver is doable over a 3 day weekend.

Brett and Jan
__________________
Brett and Jan
Flyfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 08:49 AM   #12
Site Team
 
Dave&Ginny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 5,363


It can be a group effort...I think these Redwoods are spectacular enough to have a really big following. I realize other companies have "rallies" but as "j1251b" said he's had very few problems in a year and the small ones he did have were fixed quickly.

I hate to say it but I don't know of many other RV companies can say that. A year ago I was looking at the Heartland "Rushmore" and after reading posts changed my mind.
__________________
SOB "The RV Wiseguy"
Dave&Ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 08:51 AM   #13
Site Team
 
Dave&Ginny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 5,363

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyfisher
I fish the North Platte near Saratoga every year. I grew up in Sinclair Wyomingj which is only 40 miles from Saratoga and 6 miles from the Platte. I sunk my drift boat just below Saratoga last summer. That was exciting!, I am willing tc help with trip planning if someone would take the point. Dave, how would you feel about being point man?For us any place within a days drive from Denver is doable over a 3 day weekend.

Brett and Jan

I took my wife out there last summer and someone had their boat wedged under the bridge, was that You?
__________________
SOB "The RV Wiseguy"
Dave&Ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 12:03 PM   #14
Member
 
Flyfisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 50
No we were further downstream wedged under some downed cottonwood trees. We did get the boat out in one piece after a 2 day struggle and rescued most of our gear.
__________________
Brett and Jan
Flyfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 12:28 PM   #15
Site Team
 
Dave&Ginny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 5,363

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyfisher
No we were further downstream wedged under some downed cottonwood trees. We did get the boat out in one piece after a 2 day struggle and rescued most of our gear.


I haven't fished out there since I was a kid...but I remember VERY cold water
__________________
SOB "The RV Wiseguy"
Dave&Ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:52 PM   #16
Member
 
maggie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 29


Nice thought and would be interested. We are planning to order our unit in April and comments on this site have been helpful.

Thanx everyone. We are located in the East Bay area of San Francisco.


Maggie


maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:41 PM   #17
Site Team
 
Dave&Ginny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 5,363

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie

Nice thought and would be interested. We are planning to order our unit in April and comments on this site have been helpful.

Thanx everyone. We are located in the East Bay area of San Francisco.


Maggie


Welcome Maggie! Good luck with your new trailer. Let us know when you get it maybe we'll meet around the campfire some day. By the way the new person has to bring the drinks

dave
__________________
SOB "The RV Wiseguy"
Dave&Ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:11 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
KR2011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 959


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Ginny
Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie

Nice thought and would be interested. We are planning to order our unit in April and comments on this site have been helpful.

Thanx everyone. We are located in the East Bay area of San Francisco.


Maggie


Welcome Maggie! Good luck with your new trailer. Let us know when you get it maybe we'll meet around the campfire some day. By the way the new person has to bring the drinks

dave
Maggie you have made a very good choice in Redwood and by the way I prefer templeton at the camp firesee you there somday.
Edited by: KR2011
__________________

"75 FEET OF FUN ON THE RUN"
KR2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 11:57 AM   #19
Junior Member
 
BobSeale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 5
When are you going to get your new rig? I'm expecting mine at the end of March. It's a 34SK.
__________________
Bob Seale
BobSeale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:25 PM   #20
Site Team
 
Dave&Ginny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 5,363
GREAT news Maggie! Now Bob is the newest so he has to bring the drinks.

Bob, there's a lot of us waiting for our trailers on this forum. In fact instead of calling this a Redwood forum it should be called the wannabe forum. I have a Black/Red 36RL being built and I should get it around the first week of April


__________________
SOB "The RV Wiseguy"
Dave&Ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia State Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.