Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-13-2017, 09:39 PM   #1

Greg and Chris in Indiana

Hi everyone, After being out of the RV business for about 30 yrs. my wife and I decided that we would jump in with both feet. With retirement being about one year away we bought a '17 RW 38rl. We bought it back in Nov. just in time to put it in storage for the winter. We took it back to the dealer the first week in April to have some warranty issues taken care of. We picked it up yesterday afternoon and found out that 18 of the coaches that were there were broken into. Ours being one of them. We were fortunate that the only physical damage was done to the door where they pried it open. The only thing missing was the TVs. Other units had the back windows broken out of them. So this is a heck of a way to get started. Anyway I have a bunch of questions so you will probably see me on here from time to time.
Greg C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 01:28 AM   #2

Welcome Greg and Chris. Sorry to hear about your troubles. Hoping all goes well with the fix. We're in Louisville. Are you folks going full time?
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 01:32 AM   #3

No, not right now. We will probably head south in the winter and come back home and just take vacations in the summer. I really like Michigan in the summer time.
Old 05-14-2017, 02:19 AM   #4

These 18 units were at a dealership? That's terrible! I am curious because we did purchase ours from a dealership in Indiana and they had had some previous issues with vandalism and theft. Where did this take place?
TireMinder TPMS monitor/Slide covers
Fusion backup monitor
PullRite Superglide 2900 Hitch
woodman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 02:44 AM   #5

This dealership is in Elkhart at Tiara RV.
Old 05-14-2017, 02:48 AM   #6

Tiara RV in Elkhart. By the way I see by your info that you are running 17.5 inch tires on your RW. Did you do this to help level your trailer?
Old 05-14-2017, 04:10 AM   #7

We purchased our RW from Tiara last fall. We stopped by several weeks ago, on our way back to WI, for some warranty issues. They had said that there were some issues with vandalism earlier, but didn't elaborate. Wonder if what you're talking about happened more recently? It makes me sick hearing of such criminal acts.

We decided on the 17.5 wheels and Goodyear G114 "H" rated tires because they are safer with more radial bias thus less likely to implode due to speed or weight. They are considered top of the line. Had all 5 tires and wheels changed, which includes the spare.
TireMinder TPMS monitor/Slide covers
Fusion backup monitor
PullRite Superglide 2900 Hitch
woodman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 01:33 PM   #8

This just happened this past Thursday. I will probably not leave my coach there if they can't fix it in one or two days. I live close enough that I can take it up there and wait on it while they work on it. I also have a sister that lives about a half hour away, so it would not be that big of a deal.

I have 16 inch wheels and tires. My coach runs with the nose up a little, not drasticaly so I was thinking about going to 17.5. Also I would like to get rid of the Westlake tires.
Old 05-14-2017, 05:47 PM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg C. View Post
Hi everyone, After being out of the RV business for about 30 yrs. my wife and I decided that we would jump in with both feet. With retirement being about one year away we bought a '17 RW 38rl. We bought it back in Nov. just in time to put it in storage for the winter. We took it back to the dealer the first week in April to have some warranty issues taken care of. We picked it up yesterday afternoon and found out that 18 of the coaches that were there were broken into. Ours being one of them. We were fortunate that the only physical damage was done to the door where they pried it open. The only thing missing was the TVs. Other units had the back windows broken out of them. So this is a heck of a way to get started. Anyway I have a bunch of questions so you will probably see me on here from time to time.

Sorry to hear that Tiara RV is still having the vandalism issues. I was told by Tiara RV 6 years ago when we purchased our Redwood from them that they had to remove the TV's from there RV inventory because that seemed to be what the thieves were looking for. You would think that Tiara RV would try to do something to improve security.

I need to get some service work done on my Redwood by Tiara, but I hate to take the coach there and leave it unless they can put it inside right away and work on it right away.

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 06:13 PM   #10

Welcome Greg and Chris, this is the best place to be for any and all things
Redwood. Lots of great people with tons of knowledge available to help you. Sorry for your break-in at the dealership. Hope everything gets taken care of.