Old 11-03-2017, 01:54 AM   #11

thank you to all

I just wanted to check in and say Thank you to all . I have found many of the owners here be very knowledgeable when it comes the Redwood products and camping related topics. I am going to have to wait 5 months to get our first vacation trip , its going to be a long winter....... However we may get a few very cold nights up north in for a overnight snowmobile trip. I have a place in central NH that I hope to do a Saturday night or two over Jan~Feb at some point. Last Year I did a over night in our old Holiday Rambler TT at -18F overnight. Dry camping of course. 72* inside with some help from 2 -1500watt elect heater and furnace.
Anyone do any cold weather camping with there Redwoods? How is it heating these? Mine has the full time package with duel pane windows .
Old 11-03-2017, 11:05 PM   #12

Hi Mark and Melissa;

We live in our RW 365/24/7. We have been in it more than 3 years now. We live in the Pacific Northwest and our winters usually have at least some brutal cold snaps and some snow. We have had ZERO problem with the RW. It has been warm and cozy throughout with temps down in the teens. Mind you, we took the usual precautions that you take with an RV for winter with regard to the water hoses outside and sewer and all of that, but the combo of the furnace and the heatpumps were all we needed. Super warm. We left the light on in the wet bay outside (where the tank valves are) to keep that area from getting too cold when it really got cold, but other than that, nothing special. We are heading into our 4th winter and not too worried!

Living the Dream in our 2015 38RL
2014 RAM 3500 DRW
Fulltiming in the Pacific Northwest
Currently in Woodland, Washington park hosting
RomanyLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 11:58 PM   #13

We lived in our RW for two winters here in Oregon with no Issues. Like Romany we took precautions heated water line. We also used two electric heaters and the fireplace for heat mainly because we did not pay for electricity at the location we were parked during the winter. We were very comfortable even when weather was down in the Teens at times. Very Happy with how our RW was in the cold.

One suggestion is to run a Dehumidifier if possible to keep any condensation out of Trailer.

2015 RL38
2008 Ford F450
RWJSIM2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 12:10 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCMARK View Post
We took ownership of a new to us 2015 38RL , It in good shape and we hope to get on the road in the spring for a few one week trips over the summer. Niagara Falls is on my wife's short list but time will tell .
We also have a 2015 38RL and we love it! Looks like your's has the same paint. We had ours delivered with disc brakes on 7K axels, and we upgraded in 2016 with 8K Morryde IS and Titan guy sent us new 17.5 wheel and tires this year.
2015 38RL with MORryde IS, residential fridge, DW, washer and dryer, generator, and slide in slide. 2 A/C, 1 HP and a fireplace. Added 17.5 inch wheels. Follows a 2013 Ram dually diesel with 8' bed and Reese 20K.
RW Cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 02:45 PM   #15

Congratulations on your new to you RW if you are handy you can pretty much correct all the issues these and every RV have. The forum has been a Godsend to me to keep me busy in preventative maintenance to make sure these rigs are all they can be. as far as Winter camping make sure you run the Propane heat account that is what keeps your under carriage above freezing. Welcome to the group........

You know seeing all the pictures of our Redwoods on here I am kind of thinking we are all nothing more than eye candy for the rest of the RVrs out there......

2003 Dodge 3500 2x4 5.9L, Auto trans., Air Lift 5000's, Hensley Trailer Saver BD3 AKA "The Beast"

2014 RW 38GK14, solar panels with MPPT controller, Progressive surge guard, 2 group 31 AGM batteries, Morryde SLR4000, Titan disc brakes, AKA "The Beast Tamer"
TomNGina06 is offline   Reply With Quote

« Newbies | - »