Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-03-2018, 12:52 PM   #1

Blue over flow hose

During the pass 2 years I have found water running out of this blue drain hose, turn the water off and it quits. several hours later turn water back on and everything it OK???what gives??
Buck1289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 01:05 PM   #2

In my case the water pump check valve did not work. When City water was on water bypassed the check valve and flowed into the water tank. There is a valve in front of the pump, I shut that off when on City water and the problem went away. All done via the access panel by the water filter. Hardly ever use the pump.
rickc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 02:12 PM   #3

You may be right, my fresh water show full and I only keep it less half full. I though you had to move the hose to the tank input to fill. So if the check value is defective it over flow?
Old 02-03-2018, 02:25 PM   #4

Reach in and close the valve, problem solved. Better than replacing the pump!
rickc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 02:50 PM   #5
Site Team

In my coach, there is no valve inline valve external to the pump. But, there is an extra check valve external to the pump. I guess it all depends on who was assembling the plumbing at Redwood the particular day your unit was being built.

The check valve in the pump can be replaced, at least on mine (SHURflo pump). It may be easier for you to just add the external check valve or the inline, quarter turn pex valve.

My guess is that there is some debris that has lodged in your pump check valve. You may be able to clear the debris by turning the pump on/off several times while running some what in the trailer.

You might also try getting an "air to hose" adapter and use a compressor to force low pressure air backwards through the pump towards the tank to see if that would clear the check valve. Just be sure not to apply too long or at too high pressure..........you don't want to damage your fresh water tank. I would drain the tank and leave the drain valves open while doing that operation.

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 03:00 PM   #6

My had the value and I turned off. Thanks everyone for the HELP
Old 12-29-2018, 04:20 PM   #7

Do any you have a pic of the on/off valve in question? I’d like to see what to look for if I have this problem
Thanks
Striper05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 01:05 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striper05 View Post
Do any you have a pic of the on/off valve in question? I’d like to see what to look for if I have this problem
Thanks
Shown here with the basement rear wall removed.

atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote