Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-13-2016, 06:17 PM   #1
HTX

Another new member from Texas

Purchased a lightly used 36 RL last month, finally got it from Houston to Rockport TX but still have not moved into it. On my current 5th one of the slides gave up the ghost and until I can finish the repairs on it the RW is sitting across the street with limited power.

I think I have read the entire forum over the last couple of weeks. I'm hoping I won't have to go back to the sewer smells or AC chapters after it is set up. Since this RW will be stationary, I did skip through some of the truck, tires, and running gear threads.

Thanks for letting me join and looking forward to contributing.

Burns
Old 08-13-2016, 08:24 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
Congrats on the new right and welcome to the forum
Old 08-13-2016, 08:28 PM   #3

Congrats, looking forward to your input on this forum. Many great folks on here trying to make life easier for all of us.
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 02:07 AM   #4
Dan

Welcome to the forum you will find a great bunch here who are very willing to give up their knowledge on everything out there, enjoy your new rig

07 Dodge 3500, Exhaust Brake, Edge Programer, Killer "B" Turbo
13 RL ALL options except Gen and W/D
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 02:11 AM   #5
Dan

Welcome to the forum you will find a great bunch here who are very willing to give up their knowledge on everything out there, enjoy your new rig

07 Dodge 3500, Exhaust Brake, Edge Programer, Killer "B" Turbo
13 RL ALL options except Gen and W/D
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 03:51 AM   #6
HTX

Thanks for the welcome

We had one small miracle this week. While I'm waiting to get the SOB (I like that term)moved off the site I decided I would do the nose cone insulation modification. Counter intuitive to my normal methods I decided to pull the Shoe box before buying the insulation. The nose was packed full of insulation, one less project.

I never could find the alleged floor safe to put insulation in that area. Is that an option only?

HTX
Old 08-16-2016, 09:03 AM   #7

It's buried under the carpet in the same wardrobe closet. Feel for it. Carpet makes it blend in pretty well.

Chris
r time soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 01:38 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTX View Post
We had one small miracle this week. While I'm waiting to get the SOB (I like that term)moved off the site I decided I would do the nose cone insulation modification. Counter intuitive to my normal methods I decided to pull the Shoe box before buying the insulation. The nose was packed full of insulation, one less project.

I never could find the alleged floor safe to put insulation in that area. Is that an option only?

HTX
If you were looking in the closet and thinking about where the pin box would be mounted it sits directly behind the pin box mount. On the floor of the closet inside the 36"ish shelves of you start knocking on the floor 6" from the wall dead center you will find it pinch the carpet and lift.