Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-11-2013, 11:22 AM   #1

We were the Wannabes from the rally with the SOB,(some other brand) and have secured one part of out dream. After much looking we found a truck to pull it with, yes it's a dually, and now on to the trailer. We figured that we either get the trailer and don't go anywhere or get the truck and then work on getting the trailer.

We don't like the changes they made to the FL and are going to start looking for a 2012 - 2013 36 FL. It will be at least 6 months before starting our search and our hopes are that we will be able to get a good used one for a good price. Will keep you updated as we go along, unless we hit the lottery and then it will be time.
Old 10-11-2013, 02:54 PM   #2

There are still 36FLs on dealer lots. Couldn't agree with you more on the changes to the FL. I predict we'll see the "old" floorplan back in 2015.
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 09:06 PM   #3

Did you know! We too waited too long to order a 36FL, only to find it had been replaced with the 38FL. Here's something I don't think most folks know! When we went to the factory to see the 38FL they had built for us, we were confronted with a deal breaker "No Fireplace". We spoke with Redwood and our dealer telling them this was one of the reasons we like the 36FL so much. Anyways long story short it was decided to rework the TV cabinet in the living room to once again include the fireplace. That being said we are waiting for one of the first 38FL's with the fireplace. Therefore all new 38FL's will again include the fireplace.
JellyStonePark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 01:21 AM   #4

When we first looked at Redwood's a couple of years ago my wife and I joked about having an electric fireplace. We we purchased our Redwood it came with the fireplace, and I can tell you now that is has come in very handy when the temps cool down in the evenings and early morning. We've found it to be a great supplemental heat source when connected to electricity.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:43 AM   #5

Ditto on the fireplace. We thought about replacing ours with storage. Glad we kept it. The heat source on a cool morning is fantastic and the evening ambiance is pretty nice too.
Old 10-12-2013, 12:32 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinder
When we first looked at Redwood's a couple of years ago my wife and I joked about having an electric fireplace. Â*We we purchased our Redwood it came with the fireplace, and I can tell you now that is has come in very handy when the temps cool down in the evenings and early morning. Â*We've found it to be a great supplemental heat source when connected to electricity.
X2...Just used it this morning.
2013 36 RL
subdoc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 04:22 PM   #7
Site Team

We use our fireplace all the time it's cool outside. Many times it's all we have to use to stay warm. I'll have to admit, I thought the fireplace was cheesy until I had one. Last year while pulling the trailer though blizzard conditions, I ran the generator and kept the fireplace on and a electric heater in the basement. Everything was toasty when we stopped for the night.

Also, we love that the fireplace works when the heat pump doesn't. This is a real asset if you're low on LP.
Old 10-12-2013, 04:26 PM   #8

When we first saw a ceilling fan we thought, really why would you have one in an RV? Same goes for the fireplace, how cheesy. However we have had both in the last two RV's and it would be a deal breaker if we couldn't get either in an RV. Fireplace is great for heat in the living area and it keeps the bedroom a little cooler for better sleeping. We love it!
Old 10-12-2013, 08:10 PM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel chaser

When we first saw a ceilling fan we thought, really why would you have one in an RV? Same goes for the fireplace, how cheesy. However we have had both in the last two RV's and it would be a deal breaker if we couldn't get either in an RV. Fireplace is great for heat in the living area and it keeps the bedroom a little cooler for better sleeping. We love it!
We do the same thing because we like sleeping under quilts.
Old 10-12-2013, 08:12 PM   #10
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odie8415
We were the Wannabes from the rally with the SOB,(some other brand) and have secured one part of out dream. After much looking we found a truck to pull it with, yes it's a dually, and now on to the trailer. We figured that we either get the trailer and don't go anywhere or get the truck and then work on getting the trailer.

We don't like the changes they made to the FL and are going to start looking for a 2012 - 2013 36 FL. It will be at least 6 months before starting our search and our hopes are that we will be able to get a good used one for a good price. Will keep you updated as we go along, unless we hit the lottery and then it will be time.
Congrats on the new truck! It was really nice to meet you folks at the rally too. John is putting together a small gathering this January in Florida if you can make the time.
Old 11-12-2013, 11:16 PM   #11

Harvey RVs (Harveyrvs.com) in Maine has a great deal on a 2013 FL.
Elliott & Vicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 11:46 PM   #12

Congrats on the new truck and good luck with the lottery. Nice thing is when you finally do buy, a lot of us will be jealous
2011 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn 6.7L TD, SRW, 4X4.

Oregonbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 11:53 PM   #13

A 2013 36FL at Toscano RV in Los Banos, CA for $75,000 (rvtrader.com). Worth a road trip….maybe? That's about as good a price as I've seen for a new one.
2011 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn 6.7L TD, SRW, 4X4.

Oregonbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 01:18 AM   #14

We have one and love it. Got the fireplace and it is fantastic. Wanna see the the 38 looks like there are windows in the couch slides, if so it will be great. A few things I am worried about, because it is change and as we all know change is scarry
Old 12-12-2013, 03:05 AM   #15

Ceiling fan? Check! Fireplace? Check! We have been full timing it since march of this year and Loving it! Check! We are thrilled with our 36FL. Glad to here you got you new truck, now all you need to do is find that 36FL. Hope to see you at next years rally with it.

Full Timers in our 2013 36FL with MoRryde 8000# IS suspension. Pulled by 2012 Sport Chassis with Hensley Trailer Saver Hitch.
UNDRPSI is offline   Reply With Quote