Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-30-2012, 05:54 AM   #1

I just wanted to say a big thank you to this forum and the members of it! I have learned a lot from each and every post that I have read on here. I came to this form probably like most looking for a review of the RW product. Reading reviews on any product you are looking to buy but knowingyou can't please everyone. Being in the travel business Iread all kinds of reviews on the Internet from, resorts, hotels, golf courses, cruiselines, What I have found is you will always find someone who loves the product, and you will always have someone who hates the product.Many times the person writing the negitive review is nit picking or bashing the property, most times if you read a little more its not the properties fault but their own, (One personsaid DO NOT GO HERE, I left my camera on my chair at the beach while swimming and when I got back someone had stolen it) Why in gods name would you go toa beach in Mexicoand leave your camera laying out for anyone to take it??? Would you go to your local pool at home and do the same?? I doubt it. We are looking forward to our RW and understand that each unit is built by human hands, yes we are hoping that everything meets our expectations but know that with any new RV there will probably be a few issues that need to be addressed. I will post pictures of our newBR when I get back in the office next week and again thank you to everyone for your comments and posts. This is a great informational site.
Amishco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:42 AM   #2

... a day you'll remember for a long time! Keep us posted on your experiences with your new Redwood!
Old 11-30-2012, 10:16 AM   #3

Congratulations Chris. I'll bet we're seeing yourpicture on this forum standing next to the BR with a big smile on your face!
Mike & Pam '12 36RL, Kodiak Discs, 17.5" G114s H-Rated, SRE4000 w/HD Shackles, Joy Rider Shocks, Flex Air, 5.5 Onan, W&D, DW, 4 Scare Lights, (2) 6V Trojan T-145s; Progressive EMS-HW50C, Winegard DTV Sat, Sony/Denon 4K Home Theater, WiFiRanger EliteAC Pack, weBoost 4G-X Cell Booster.

2022 RAM 3500 Limited CC, LB, 4x4, DRW, Max Tow, Cummins HO, AISIN, 4.10, Mopar 30K w/OEM Prep, Transfer Flow 70gal Aux Tank/Toolbox.
5th_Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:49 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amishco

I just wanted to say a big thank you to this forum and the members of it! I have learned a lot from each and every post that I have read on here. I came to this form probably like most looking for a review of the RW product. Reading reviews on any product you are looking to buy but knowingyou can't please everyone. Being in the travel business Iread all kinds of reviews on the Internet from, resorts, hotels, golf courses, cruiselines, What I have found is you will always find someone who loves the product, and you will always have someone who hates the product.Many times the person writing the negitive review is nit picking or bashing the property, most times if you read a little more its not the properties fault but their own, (One personsaid DO NOT GO HERE, I left my camera on my chair at the beach while swimming and when I got back someone had stolen it) Why in gods name would you go toa beach in Mexicoand leave your camera laying out for anyone to take it??? Would you go to your local pool at home and do the same?? I doubt it. We are looking forward to our RW and understand that each unit is built by human hands, yes we are hoping that everything meets our expectations but know that with any new RV there will probably be a few issues that need to be addressed. I will post pictures of our newBR when I get back in the office next week and again thank you to everyone for your comments and posts. This is a great informational site.
Chris,

congratulations! as the others have said, this is going to be a great day. Tomorrow you'll probably wake up and look around your new rig again. I've had mine since the first of April and I NEVER get tired of looking at it. I just pulled mine home from the factory (5 hours) and truthfully I didn't want the trip to end.

I hope to meet you folks someday around a campfire with a drink in our hands.

Happy Trails!
Old 11-30-2012, 03:53 PM   #5

Chris enjoy your new escape vehicle. We love ours as many on this forum do.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:06 PM   #6
Site Team

When we picked ours up and stopped for the first night we just sat and grinned alot. Hope you love it like we do ours.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:32 PM   #7

Well we own a RW, Papers are signed, did about an hour walk through, and spent a couple more just checking things out and doing the paper work. Overall there were very few issues that we saw, Once we get it home we will go over all the features better.They had one 24 & one 27 battery in it and I told them I had ordered 2 matching, they said they would install two 27's they didn't have 29's. The 30# tanks were swapped out for two 40#, I think they just pulled them from someone else's unit that was on the lot for delivery. I had ordered the tri glide hitch and it was not installed, again theysaid they would swap one out. We have a LG sound system, Not the RCA system that people have said they had issues with,but will be upgrading to our ownBose System in the near future,I received a very nice breifcase with the RW logo full of manuels on everything.The unit was cleaned onsiteby a local crew and was not the best, but Wife will dust the woodwork and do a much better job, not a big deal.After reading some of the posts here we were both a LOT afraid going to check it out. Howeverit was an awesome sight seeing how well this unit was built and the fit and finish was also good. I will be posting some picture of our unit in the near future. I LOVE OUR REDWOOD it should be delivered to our Site Thursday or Friday this week.
Amishco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:48 PM   #8

Congratulations!!! We've had ours for 2 months now and a few issues have popped up, but RW seems to be behind their product all the way!! We love ours (as we're sure you will yours) and would do it all agin in a heartbeat!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-03-2012, 05:55 PM   #9

Congrats! I still smile everytime I walk in to go on a trip!
Old 12-06-2012, 03:22 PM   #10

Well today they delivered our38 BRto our campsite, It was a beautiful sight watching as they came in the front gate with it. Elliott from Gumbines RV putit exactly where I asked, he also showed me a lot more than the guy who did our walkthrough last Friday. I am going back up after work and see if I can figure out the TV's, and sit and SMILE!, Oh we had not even got the unit unhooked from the truck and there were a coupleof people who stopped to admire it and said they would be back for a tour later. Man she is beautiful!
Old 12-06-2012, 05:44 PM   #11
Site Team

Congrats on your new Redwood. We to just sit and smile.
Old 12-07-2012, 05:17 AM   #12

Worked on the tv's last night, the one in the living area is working good with a lot of snow in the picture, the one in the bedroom is very bad. I also noticed the one in the bedroom looks like it was used before, it has a lot of scratches on the black border as well as what looks to be airplane glue stuck to the borders at first I thought it was the protective plastic that they put on new stuff but it wasn't. the picture on this tv was nothing but snow as well. I'm going to call CW today and tell them I would like it replaced. I am going to replace the cable connection that hooks up from outside coach and see if that fixes the snow issue. I also found the booster located in the bedroom area and shut it off while hooked to cable. I also found that one of our heat vents needs replaced as it is bent. We enjoyed a bottle of Malbec and continue to smile!
Old 12-07-2012, 05:00 PM   #13

Did you hook up your cable to the outlet behind the round cover in the utilities compartment? We hooked ours up to the ones that were exposed and nothing worked properly. The only problem we have now is that the HD in our park sucks so we have to settle for the lesser channels.
Old 12-07-2012, 06:11 PM   #14

There is an antenna power boaster button above the bedroom tv. Push it in until a green light lights. Then re-run your tv setup. Should be good to go. If you are connecting to cable, turn the power booster off and do the setup again.
Adamsvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:21 PM   #15

Whatever it is worth our cable and satellite connections in the outside "water closet" were mislabeled. That could be an issue with yours as well
Old 12-07-2012, 08:09 PM   #16

Pls do not click on the highlighted text in my above response. It's been hijacked. Never mind... It's gone.
..Edited by: Adamsvr
Adamsvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:17 PM   #17

I looks like Redwood, or someone running the forum, is using VigLink to generate a few extra dollars for themselves. I say that because there has to be a line of Java script in place on the webpage in order for VigLink to work and we members don't have the ability to do that.

If you click on one of the highlighted words it will take you to a website that sells products related to that highlighted word. If you make a purchase the owner of the website, or whoever set up the VigLink affiliation will get a little commission from that company.

Personally I don't think it sets a good example for the rest of us because it is basically spam. Most private discussion forums use advertising to generate income which is their prerogative since they own the forum.
The problem with using VigLInk is that they use our posts to do their advertising.

I'm just speculating here so please correct me if I'm wrong.

BTW.... I did not highlight the words "VigLink" in this post...
Edited by: TravelinAnderson
TravelinAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:16 AM   #18
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelinAnderson
I looks like Redwood, or someone running the forum, is using VigLink to generate a few extra dollars for themselves. I say that because there has to be a line of Java script in place on the webpage in order for VigLink to work and we members don't have the ability to do that.

If you click on one of the highlighted words it will take you to a website that sells products related to that highlighted word. If you make a purchase the owner of the website, or whoever set up the VigLink affiliation will get a little commission from that company.

Personally I don't think it sets a good example for the rest of us because it is basically spam. Most private discussion forums use advertising to generate income which is their prerogative since they own the forum.
The problem with using VigLInk is that they use our posts to do their advertising.

I'm just speculating here so please correct me if I'm wrong.

BTW.... I did not highlight the words "VigLink" in this post...
I think I found another change too. I guess someone figures I've posted too much ....because I can respond to a post like I did on this one but the program won't let me add a post. Maybe they figure I've shared enough of my wit and wisdom. Or I've just upset someone If someone knows something please send me an email dave@molleck.com

Edited by: Dave&Ginny
Old 12-09-2012, 09:01 AM   #19
Site Team

Dave, as I promised on the phone with you, I did send the administrator an email asking him to fix this problem ASAP.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:44 AM   #20
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blenhardt

Dave, as I promised on the phone with you, I did send the administrator an email asking him to fix this problem ASAP.
THANK YOU.....but I think I'm getting more work done at home this way