Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-30-2014, 02:09 PM   #21

Looking good!

Not sure why Darin is gone, but they have lost several service people lately which doesn't speed up service at all. To bad, he was a good guy.

Have you told the service manager you want the fridge fix? I'm sending Ryan ( service manager) my list of fixes this morning, Darin had them but not sure Ryan does.

Can't wait to see you guys out testing the new home! Can't believe home comfortable ours was on our test outing!

You are now less than a week away!
Blue Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 03:51 PM   #22

Looks good. Now your PDI is real close. I have to smile thinking of you two who have a background in Law Enforcement sneaking into the lot they told you not to.....
Old 05-30-2014, 04:08 PM   #23
Traveling

Haha Steve and Linda! Yes, I know what you mean. HOWEVER! I will quantify by saying the lot was owned by another company (clearly they loan the rv dealership some of their extra space) and they were open for business and we simply walked in. There were no "NO TRESPASSING" signs and it was "public access". SO technically, we didn't break any "laws" ;-) Making the sales manager unhappy isn't beyond our scope, and it is OUR coach. It's every man for himself when we're talking about a new delivery right?!!!
TNTBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 04:10 PM   #24
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTBaker View Post

Here you go BLUE DOGS! This is Todd next to our new baby! We got to the dealership after driving a long way. They said we couldn't see it because they had it parked on their auxiliary lot and because of liability we couldn't go there. Well, not THIS girl! We found the lot and got in there and found our RW. It was unlocked so we snuck inside and looked around. It looks awesome! No visible damage that we can see yet. We didn't stay very long because like I said, we weren't supposed to be there. Hey BLUE DOGS: Darin isn't there any more! Don't know why. Anyway, we felt very naughty and laughed all the way home!

Remember not to smile too big while you drive your baby home. for the first year you stop at every rest area, sit at a picnic table and marvel at your rig. Happy Trails!
Old 05-30-2014, 04:11 PM   #25
Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Dogs View Post
Looking good!

Not sure why Darin is gone, but they have lost several service people lately which doesn't speed up service at all. To bad, he was a good guy.

Have you told the service manager you want the fridge fix? I'm sending Ryan ( service manager) my list of fixes this morning, Darin had them but not sure Ryan does.
Thanks Yale;
YES! We need to tell Ryan about the fridge!! We will do that tonight because we are picking up our camper just up the road (having the leaks fixed on the slides) and we will bring that to his attention. Clearly the lack of service people are the cause of the delay in our PDI. Darin told us he only needed it 48 hours, so they are backed up. Could you please do us a favor and CANCEL your service appointment so they have time to do our pdi? Just kidding ;-)
Old 06-02-2014, 01:43 AM   #26
S&K

She's a beauty, for sure!
Somehow, I think Redwood owners are really Ambassadors for Redwood.
We just love them so much!

2014 RW36FB
2014 F-350 CC DRW, 25K Reese, Roll-n-Loc, Rhino Liner
'Half-timer' - Full time retired, tho!
Ken & Shelley
S&K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 06:36 AM   #27

TnT,

Congrats! I feel your excitement and hope it all works out for you. Let your journeys begin!!
Old 06-03-2014, 05:43 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboytoo View Post
Congrats !
bring camera/cell phone/tablet and take copious pictures for comparison later...

outside, top front, back sides,
inside the outside compartments,
inside the rv and all cabinets...

trust me - you'll be glad you did
Congrats indeed, and HB! We're a couple weeks out ourselves and very excited. I plan to make a video of the whole PDI so that I record the service man's explanations as well. A new video of each system for easy filing and reference. Extra batteries and memory cards!
Full-timing starting in August, 2014
AlanN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 06:03 PM   #29
Traveling

Thanks Alan and Angele! Hopefully it won't be a long couple weeks for you. It was for us. It was particularly fun this morning putting the hitch in the truck. I know the long awaited PDI will soon be behind us and we will finally stop obsessing about it. I wonder how long it will be before I run around looking for leaks?? I think I am EXPECTING them :-( I would like that to be a nice surprise: NO LEAKS. Will post details on PDI (and photos) first opportunity! I expect Blue Dogs will see our coach today as he is supposed to be down there. Yay!!
Old 06-03-2014, 07:16 PM   #30

Good idea to start and stop the video so you break it up every so often !

2 hour video to scan through will get tiresome
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 09:06 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboytoo View Post
Good idea to start and stop the video so you break it up every so often !

2 hour video to scan through will get tiresome
Right! A new video file for each system makes it easy to file by system name for easy reference and retrieval. I.E..: Kitchen: Cabinets, Kitchen: Plumbing; Slideouts: Main, Slideouts: Bedroom, Slideouts: Manual Open. You get the idea...
Full-timing starting in August, 2014
AlanN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 02:45 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTBaker View Post
I expect Blue Dogs will see our coach today as he is supposed to be down there. Yay!!
I looked for it and didn't see it! :-( mine is still there, they could not figure out the black tank dump only flowing about 1/2 so are going to pull the belly pan. They also have got to figure out why there is 0 flow through the black tank flush. I'm supposed to pick up Friday, hope you are still not there! just kidding!
Blue Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote